IGNORED

Scarves,succesfull?

Hartcliffe red

Scarves, succesfull?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Everyone I've spoken to, without a strong affinity to the club,;who saw the match on tv thought the whole thing looked good. Don't see what the problem is. If 10K people are having fun and waving their scarves around at a football match then what is the problem? I also sympathise with people who want a singing section and unreserved seating, flags etc.;but why do some of these people feel the need to rain on everybody else's parade? It's almost like you are saying your way of support is the only way?

Only a few weeks ago BS - BCFC were asked in public about their plans in the DEH regarding the topic of atmosphere. No indication was given of the future mass drop of thousands of scarves onto the support.

What has been suggested to the FC over and over again is a more enlightened approach, where fans and club work in unison as they do at other clubs.

Think of a display, or event where fans and club plan in advance and work together - An FC standing for Family and Community.

BS had, and have the opportunity to take that enlightened approach.

Thats exactly what I am saying - that pathetic little display of flags in a small area is sweet FA compared to the whole ground joining in.

The supporters (cause thats what they are) decided to join in with the scarves - that isn't manufactured, its a bit of fun and a show of support.

Seems to me some have had their noses put out of joint because this didn't come from them.

Not really. In fact, not at all. But if we just leave it to the club it'll be naff. You know it will.

As expressed elsewhere, sure, the colour looked good but it could have been any ground in the world with a team who play in red & white.

A 'joined-up' approach, with fans and club thinking something up together could well be, and in my view would be, better.

I think few of us who have been involved in EE flags and all that are noses out of joint, just wishing there could be some fan input into the ideas, a collaboration of the two. 

Because whatever might be said, putting 12000 scarves on seats IS manufactured!!!

Interesting debate. As always otib!! Good on ya!

A few weeks ago we did not know we were playing West Ham at home live on the BBC, so how Bristol Sport would have known they were going to do this I'm not sure.

Perhaps they deserve some praise for organising so quickly, as if they had consulted with some fans contributing on this topic it would not have happened.

Which the evidence of Sunday, and the poll here would not have been reflective of a vast majority of Bristol City supporters, who thought it was a winner.

Only a few weeks ago BS - BCFC were asked in public about their plans in the DEH regarding the topic of atmosphere. No indication was given of the future mass drop of thousands of scarves onto the support.

What has been suggested to the FC over and over again is a more enlightened approach, where fans and club work in unison as they do at other clubs.

Think of a display, or event where fans and club plan in advance and work together - An FC standing for Family and Community.

BS had, and have the opportunity to take that enlightened approach.

Don't disagree with anyone who says that BS need to consult ALL sections of the support and hopefully give them what they want within reason. And the Eastenders including the type of support they give are as important as everyone else. All I'm saying is that the scarf thing has been well received, the vast majority of fans in the stadium responded to it and it should be looked at separately issue from the flag issue, use of the word ultras, unreserved seating, singing section where a relaxed attitude is taken to standing etc.

It shouldn't be an issue of 1,500 fans and what they stand for against the rest. There should be room for all types of support, the Eastenders and the "scarf wavers" as well!! We're lucky enough to be supporting our best side playing our best football in years (the football this team serve up is better than anything Gary Johnson produced IMHO let alone the succession of clueless idiots we have had "managing" us since, albeit a league lower) and the last thing we need is negativity spreading around the stadium and affecting the players because we all hate Bristol Sport.

Don't disagree with anyone who says that BS need to consult ALL sections of the support and hopefully give them what they want within reason. And the Eastenders including the type of support they give are as important as everyone else. All I'm saying is that the scarf thing has been well received, the vast majority of fans in the stadium responded to it and it should be looked at separately issue from the flag issue, use of the word ultras, unreserved seating, singing section where a relaxed attitude is taken to standing

It shouldn't be an issue of 1,500 fans and what they stand for against the rest. There should be room for all types of support, the Eastenders and the "scarf wavers" as well!! We're lucky enough to be supporting our best side playing our best football in years (the football this team serve up is better than anything Gary Johnson produced IMHO let alone the succession of clueless idiots we have had "managing" us since, albeit a league lower) and the last thing we need is negativity spreading around the stadium and affecting the players because we all hate Bristol Sport.

There is no need to separate the topic of scarves and Supporter initiatives. The two should be part of the same. A clubs members are its a fans. The club exists because of its fans and BS should respect that at all times.

Your second paragraph.

We're lucky enough to be supporting etc ... It makes no difference if City win lose or draw. BS - BCFC should be attempting to create that positive enabling culture, a support of can do at all times.

It shouldn't be an issue of 1,500 fans and what they stand for against the rest .. There isn't. Fans initiatives in the past involved fans from all stands, supporters groups - Club and trust, local pubs and children shaking buckets. That is a club and community, an us. BS - BCFC choose to not explore that "us".

There is no need to separate the topic of scarves and Supporter initiatives. The two should be part of the same. A clubs members are its a fans. The club exists because of its fans and BS should respect that at all times.

Your second paragraph.

We're lucky enough to be supporting etc ... It makes no difference if City win lose or draw. BS - BCFC should be attempting to create that positive enabling culture, a support of can do at all times.

It shouldn't be an issue of 1,500 fans and what they stand for against the rest .. There isn't. Fans initiatives in the past involved fans from all stands, supporters groups - Club and trust, local pubs and children shaking buckets. That is a club and community, an us. BS - BCFC choose to not explore that "us".

Lets see how they react to the supporters survey. My understanding is that around 3k have been filled in, you can't deny that is a representative sample of the fan base, and I have yet to speak to anyone who is against an unreserved, singing section in the new South Stand with a "relaxed" attitude from the club to standing (albeit they have to show compliance with the law on occasion!!).

Obviously the results of the survey being sent to the club/BS will be known by the fans too as it is a supporter led initiative. So here is BCFC's/BS's chance to show that they will listen to a significant number of it's supporters.

I'm not an apologist for Billingham and BS in general, I think the Ultra's statement made by David Lloyd on behalf of the club was as cringeworthy a piece of political correctness gone mad as you'll ever read. This club has never had any links to fascism that I'm aware of and how he or the club has made that link I'll never know. It smacked of ignorance for want of a better term. If you want numerous examples of racism on the terraces there is another non-league football club in Bristol with a little bit more notoriety for that........ 

But notwithstanding the above I still think the scarf waving thing was of no detriment to the club. It looked good in the opinion of many people and the uptake in the ground showed that people supported it.

I don't see the problem. You could read it as a message of thanks to the supporters, a visible sign of solidarity in support of our team.....wearing team colours was ever thus, ok BS is corporate but they are moving Bristol and Sport forward with a vision that is cohesive and effective. Gift horse and looking in the mouth come to mind. This is a great team that we have, one of the very best that I can remember watching for the pleasure that I have gained this season, and that goes back 41 years. Get real and support what is going on. A blind man on a galloping horse can see the positives but Bristol City supporters are ever fickle!

agree that woukd look amazing,but until something like that is allowed to happen,the scarves are better than no colour and no participation at all.

a proper home end with

flags,displays etc?- yes please,heres hoping

Scarves and a bit of fun and colour?- yes ok

Dull boring ashton gate?- no fudging thanks

Quite. And 91% of this straw poll agree with you and me on that point.

The contrast between the noisy, colourful City fans and the dull, dark clothed, largely silent cockernees was amazing, and I'm sure aided our performance.

Quite. And 91% of this straw poll agree with you and me on that point.

The contrast between the noisy, colourful City fans and the dull, dark clothed, largely silent cockernees was amazing, and I'm sure aided our performance.

It was very noticeable and very odd that they all seemed to wear drab dull clothing. Stood out for all the wrong reasons. Can't ever remember seeing such a bland looking lot.

Archived