IGNORED

Eoin Doyle

westonred

And how well did we do as a team when Jacki was in the side?  Fantastic tricks, a few great goals, value to the team almost nil.

To be fair, along with andy cole he did make a major contribution to our relegation survival when dennis smith took charge.

Apart from the last few games of the season, when we were safe, in that short spell city were a revelation.

Not forgetting wayne allisons and leroy roseniors goals either

Unbelievable now to think we had Jacki and Andy Cole in the same side back then. If only we could have built around those two...........

Problem was the other nine had to do the work of eleven.

No wonder Gary Shelton always came off the pitch so knackered.

To be fair, along with andy cole he did make a major contribution to our relegation survival when dennis smith took charge.

Apart from the last few games of the season, when we were safe, in that short spell city were a revelation.

The game v Wolves mentioned earlier was dire and 0-0 until some Jacki magic. 2-0 and i still remember it now. Sometimes it's more than points ( i know that sounds c-rap), but how many fans who saw that game have watched numerous games since, helping sustain the club?

Apart from the last few games of the season, when we were safe, in that short spell city were a revelation.

The game v Wolves mentioned earlier was dire and 0-0 until some Jacki magic. 2-0 and i still remember it now. Sometimes it's more than points ( i know that sounds c-rap), but how many fans who saw that game have watched numerous games since, helping sustain the club?

No I didn't say we were struggling for goals however we could be once Smith went back. So it would be nice to get a proven goalscorer in now rather than on a emergency loan who might be up to much

a "proven goal scorer" who is currently in his only season of consistant goal scoring at the age of 27. It's a no for me

And how well did we do as a team when Jacki was in the side?  Fantastic tricks, a few great goals, value to the team almost nil.

To be honest, I've been going since 87, the team hasn't done well for long periods of that time. That wasn't was I was saying, I was talking about Jacki being worth watching. If you want to start a thread about how well we've done as a team in the last 25 years, go for it

Jacki  :wub:

No idea if it was that game, but i can remember him having the ball near the corner flag at the East End, 2 defenders on him, he flicked it up with his left foot, flicked it between the two players with his right foot whilst doing a pirouette, looked up and bent a lovely cross in.

He certainly earned his detractors, but many other players have come and gone who's name fade. Not Jacki, similar things will probably be said of JET in years to come.

That's the one, Gaz - although, in my mind, it was down the touchline of the Williams going towards the Open End.....one of us will be right!

Even though SC has said nobody coming in, i also believe there will be a striker in the door before Monday night....

Hands up who was seriously worried when Smith was down for so long last night.

Eoin Doyle. Yes please!!! No idea if he is any good as a footballer though.

To be honest, I've been going since 87, the team hasn't done well for long periods of that time. That wasn't was I was saying, I was talking about Jacki being worth watching. If you want to start a thread about how well we've done as a team in the last 25 years, go for it

That's the one, Gaz - although, in my mind, it was down the touchline of the Williams going towards the Open End.....one of us will be right!

Ah cool. So captivated by the moment it could of been anywhere on the pitch....that and the fact it was 20 years ago!

Archived