IGNORED

Good Result But

TheGaffer

Can we stop playing that shit Olympics song before kick off. Or I may have to reconsider renewing my ticket next season.

youngsters today eh ??  when our dad used to put me on wooden planking on front of the cowshed (Old Stand) he used to get his harmonica out and keep us all amused even though he'd just done a 12 hour shift down South Liberty Lane Pit, just be b*****y grateful for the phonograph machine you now listen to :ill: :ill: :ill:

youngsters today eh ??  when our dad used to put me on wooden planking on front of the cowshed (Old Stand) he used to get his harmonica out and keep us all amused even though he'd just done a 12 hour shift down South Liberty Lane Pit, just be b*****y grateful for the phonograph machine you now listen to :ill: :ill: :ill:

'wooden plank?'.........you were lucky......

youngsters today eh ?? when our dad used to put me on wooden planking on front of the cowshed (Old Stand) he used to get his harmonica out and keep us all amused even though he'd just done a 12 hour shift down South Liberty Lane Pit, just be b*****y grateful for the phonograph machine you now listen to :ill: :ill: :ill:

Harmonica? You bourgeois fascist! My dad had a second hand Jew's harp.

We'll never all agree about music, but more irritating, why are the flag waving kids turned out in blue? At least one today had a red & white scarf on. Can they not be issued with either a red or else purple & green tracksuit?

Yeah that Olympic song is pretty poor. I always liked Right here Right now and the Kill Bill one, which were played for seasons.

Another one I like is Knights of Cydonia, although I haven't heard it make an appearance down the gate in years.

Knights of Cydonia was that season we stayed up under McInnes. An inspired choice.

Not sure what the motivation behind the pretentious Elbow one is, not a song to get players and crowd pumped up.

I for one think that the Elbow song is just what's needed. It sets the tone for what's to come, with it's deep all encompassing music, just like the football we're producing. It's classy and for me makes me pause and reflect on what I'm hopefully about to witness, something special. I suppose that's why it was chosen for the Olympics. If it's good enough for such a world event, why not prior to our matches?

Of course we could choose something that is popular to some but, offensive to the ear of others. And why change a winning formula.

Yeah that Olympic song is pretty poor. I always liked Right here Right now and the Kill Bill one, which were played for seasons.

Another one I like is Knights of Cydonia, although I haven't heard it make an appearance down the gate in years.

This! Coventry game under McInnes sticks in my mind, right before kickoff "you and I must fight for our our lives, you and I must fight to survive!" Absolutely class

Archived