IGNORED

Next Season's Championship Top 6

BRISTOL86

No, not us! (Though I wouldn't say no!)

Thought it might be a bit of fun to see how the championship would look next season if the season was over as it stands right now (assumed the top placed play off side goes up)

Here's the 24 teams

Norwich

Wolves

Watford

Ipswich

Brentford

Blackburn

Sheff W

Birmingham

Forest

Reading

Huddersfield

Cardiff

Fulham

Bolton

Rotherham

Charlton

Leeds

Brighton

Bristol C

Swindon

MK Dons

Hull

QPR

Leicester

How do you see the top 6?

I'd go with

Norwich

Wolves

QPR

Derby

Leicester

Sheff W

I've seen us bottle it when we were stone-cold* promotion certs. I've seen us make it despite a programme note advising us that "Now we've lost our chance of promotion, it's time to build for next season". Let's wait and see, shall we?

* not fracking stonewall :grr:

PS For a bonus point, name the two seasons referred to above...

The Championship is hard enough to call even at the start of the season when you know who's in the division, who's managing who and who's signed who.  in fact it's bloody hard to call the rest of the season even now.   It's utterly impossible to many any kind of meaningful prediction for how things'll stand over a year from now at this moment in time!  What I do think is that both us and MK Dons, IF we managed to get there, would be capable of holding our own.  And I'd feel confident our current side could fare better than the side that went down under SOD, or the one that stayed up by the skin of their teeth under McInnes.  But that's no guarantee we'll get there and I hope we focus on that first.

Thought it might be a bit of fun to see how the championship would look next season if the season was over as it stands right now (assumed the top placed play off side goes up)

Here's the 24 teams

Norwich

Wolves

Watford

Ipswich

Brentford

Blackburn

Sheff W

Birmingham

Forest

Reading

Huddersfield

Cardiff

Fulham

Bolton

Rotherham

Charlton

Leeds

Brighton

Bristol C

Swindon

MK Dons

Hull

QPR

Leicester

I'd go with

Norwich

Wolves

QPR

Derby

Leicester

Sheff W

Also, how have Derby managed the incredible feat of coming 4th despite not being in the league of 24? Impressive!

I've seen us bottle it when we were stone-cold* promotion certs. I've seen us make it despite a programme note advising us that "Now we've lost our chance of promotion, it's time to build for next season". Let's wait and see, shall we?

By "seen" I assume you mean "listened to on the Radio" ..?!

Where were you when we beat the Gas to start our 11-1-1 run for promotion?

Where were you when we ballsed up promotion to the top division with a draw and a defeat against Southampton?

Where were you when we beat Leeds on their own midden?

Where were you when we beat the Gas to start our 11-1-1 run for promotion?

Where were you when we ballsed up promotion to the top division with a draw and a defeat against Southampton?

Where were you when we beat Leeds on their own midden?

Depends when you are talking about.

Here's the 24 teams

Norwich

Wolves

Watford

Ipswich

Brentford

Blackburn

Sheff W

Birmingham

Forest

Reading

Huddersfield

Cardiff

Fulham

Bolton

Rotherham

Charlton

Leeds

Brighton

Bristol C

Swindon

MK Dons

Hull

QPR

Leicester

I'd go with

Norwich

Wolves

QPR

Derby

Leicester

Sheff W

So Derby aren't in the listed 24 but make the top 6????

Irrelevant anyway. They're going up this year for sure

I would say given the team we have, the improvement in players, the momentum, disciplined and organised defense.. if we could keep JET and bring in a quality striker then I could see us finishing in the top half.

Maybe not enough to trouble the top 6 as there are some very good teams who will miss out on promotion but also there are some absolute dross who will escape relegation.

Far be it for me to stick up for Aizoon as I don't know him but, maybe he can't go because of circumstances which he doesn't want to disclose on a public forum. 

I know many people who support City who no longer go at the moment for various reasons but they do drop in when they can do. I stopped going for 18 months, am back now for the past 2 seasons with 3 season tickets, but always listened on the radio and subscribed to player.

I used to travel everwhere on any given day for many seasons, can't do it now, maybe Aizoon has put in a very good shift himself and wants a little break or has an enforced one due to health, who knows, but I find it quite petty that some of our fans turn their noses up at those who don't/can't attend.

i'll go for 1975 and 2008 sir

do I win a fiver?

Archived