IGNORED

The New Tv Package

22A

On SSN, Richard Scudamore is announcing which TV company has bought which package.

One of these packages is for a live game that will kick off at 5.30pm on a Sunday.

Not much fun for away fans trying to get home from that one if they're dependent upon public transport,

Some of this TV money will filter down to the League clubs for such things as ground improvements.

It's good, that football is on both channels. But if how does breaking up the packages help the man on the street.

I've sky and pay for bt sports, cheaper that way than getting a bt package. But when was on one channel had to pay once now pay twice, how is that good for me.

One good thing about Virgin is I get BT sports in the package, which is bloody expensive (don't tell the Mrs she's actually paying towards it).

A few years ago I got rid of the sports as I was not watching the likes of M'boro on a Monday and getting grief for it , the only reason I got it back is for the Ashes.

The problem now is I enjoy the Cricket , Rugby and even the Prem football , if it goes up much more I may re-evaluate and it may come down to ST Vs Sky and I'd rather watch City than any Prem football.

Obscene will suit all the never been near Old Trafford,Stamford Bridge,Anfield ect brigade .

Last nights Bradford City/MK Dons match would have really peed me off if Sky had dictated Bristol City to have played Port Vale on a Monday after Saturdays hard fought match.

Greed wins again have little interest in the Premiership one foreign team vs another foreign team... 

Ridiculously today's result is good news for football fans as a third broadcaster does not have to be subscribed to.

The fact Sky couldnt buy all the packages anymore started this hike in first place. Healthy competion is one thing but it should have driven the price down not up.

There will be a line where prices get to where they'll be in dangerous territory of not having enough customers to pay the bills. Expect BT line rental to go up again to fund this.

I hope these increases in pricing leads to the premier league breaking away an pissing off elsewhere leaving the real football with real fans to enjoy the game for what it is from the championship and below.

Sounds good in theory but why do you think we're redeveloping AG?  It isn't so that we can play Wigan at home in front of a crowd of 11,500 in the Championship. 

I hope these increases in pricing leads to the premier league breaking away an pissing off elsewhere leaving the real football with real fans to enjoy the game for what it is from the championship and below.

Haha real fans. As if you don't all watch Prem matches at home and in the pubs. 

Haha real fans. As if you don't all watch Prem matches at home and in the pubs. 

Honestly can't remember the last PL game I watched live, and watch MOTM maybe 3 times a season

I think fans like us, outside of PL, couldn't really give a flying **** what goes on there. It doesn't affect us, so why worry?

They should give the 5 billion to grassroots football,it's the only way England and the other home nations will ever get decent international teams again.

Make coaching courses free for budding young coaches as well,if the money is out there, spend it for the good of OUR game and not mediocre foreign imports.

British Kids playing on muddy uneven crap pitches every weekend have zero chance of developing.

They should give the 5 billion to grassroots football,it's the only way England and the other home nations will ever get decent international teams again.

Make coaching courses free for budding young coaches as well,if the money is out there, spend it for the good of OUR game and not mediocre foreign imports.

British Kids playing on muddy uneven crap pitches every weekend have zero chance of developing.

Bill - I agree with every word of that

Forget the cost of doing your coaching badges here, compared to Germany & Spain, but it was astronomical. I await the day that someone shows up who cares about the game, and I mean grass roots all the way up to national team, and works out it's all linked. Doesn't take a genius, but the greedy PL wants to keep the money to themselves. The fact that they don't even share it with the FL shows how little they care

Against modern football.....

Honestly can't remember the last PL game I watched live, and watch MOTM maybe 3 times a season

I think fans like us, outside of PL, couldn't really give a flying **** what goes on there. It doesn't affect us, so why worry?

Interesting perspective. There is an argument that it is odd for a real fan of football to not watch highlights and live games of any league, PL or not. 

"I only watch BCFC play" seems odd to me. 

"Real" football fans in this country want to see money shared more equally amongst clubs. Better investment at grassroots level. A successful national team. Fan ownership/involvement at board room level. Football clubs being at the heart of their local communities. Football being affordable to watch live for all. Football to be affordable for all to watch on TV.

This deal does nothing for any of that. It is anti-football.

"Real" football fans in this country want to see money shared more equally amongst clubs. Better investment at grassroots level. A successful national team. Fan ownership/involvement at board room level. Football clubs being at the heart of their local communities. Football being affordable to watch live for all. Football to be affordable for all to watch on TV.

This deal does nothing for any of that. It is anti-football.

Whilst we are funding it, what Scudamore and the rest of the nutters do with it, god knows. It's essentially money for them from thin air. Selling 'rights'. 

Archived