IGNORED

Atmosphere Tonight

Andy082005

Another good result for us tonight. How bad was the atmosphere again though?

Real shame this wasn't thought about a bit more before this development started, the place should be buzzing every game....You wouldnt believe we were top of the league (well...that's not true actually, it's the only song we sing)

Is there any plans for the supporters trust to meet with the club to discuss this for next season maybe?

The OP makes a valid point.

As good as this promotion campaign is, and as attractive as the football is, it is nowhere near as enjoyable or as fun as the Johnson and Ward promotion seasons (purely from an atmosphere point of view).

One Team

That's the point in trying to make. We should be buzzing, but I can't say I massively look forward to going to each home game....as it's so flat and dull.

I'm just glad and thankful the players are doing there part.

That's the point in trying to make. We should be buzzing, but I can't say I massively look forward to going to each home game....as it's so flat and dull.

I'm just glad and thankful the players are doing there part.

Ground wise, it's all just happening at the wrong time. To many fans in unusual places etc.

The OP makes a valid point.

As good as this promotion campaign is, and as attractive as the football is, it is nowhere near as enjoyable or as fun as the Johnson and Ward promotion seasons (purely from an atmosphere point of view).

One Team

Seriously disagree regarding the fun part. For me, fun comes from watching an extremely gifted set of footballers play excellent attacking football. Singing and chanting is a bonus.

Is it not because we've almost become so used to winning? I've been watching this club since the late 80's, and I've never felt like this in a season before, the feeling that when we play home or away, I feel as though we will win. And win well... 

Our previous promotion campaigns from the third tier felt more of a roller coaster, and with more shocks, ups & downs etc This then maybe transferred over to the fans during the Ward/Wilson/Johnson era's, thus making the games closer and the atmosphere's more electric. 

We've become a bit 'Prawn Sandwich' I'm sorry to say. 

Looked full from where I was, low Vale following and re-development is hardly helping the attendances.

If the game isn't sold out then you can't really blame the redevelopment. With the team doing so well, that really is a poor attendance tonight. 10th biggest city in the country and not even 12k. I do worry what it'll be like with 27k seats.

Been awful all season, all the more so when you consider just how good the football and results have been. Very odd. It's like we actually feel entitled now to win every game convincingly so it's not even much of a celebration when we score. 30 seconds of noise then back to being a library.

If the game isn't sold out then you can't really blame the redevelopment. With the team doing so well, that really is a poor attendance tonight. 10th biggest city in the country and not even 12k. I do worry what it'll be like with 27k seats.

Don't know why we're not selling out, maybe the people who were asked to move don't like their new seats and don't want to come, I don't know.. We've sold most of our home games this season so it's not all bad.

If the BBC web site is correct, the "clash" between Oldham and Swindle only attracted 3451

Perhaps everyone is already cutting back for the inevitable hike in Sky Sports subs

The atmos is a worry. Us Bristolians (I hope I speak for the majority) look at Port Vale as a very unattractive game and this drip feeds into the mood of supporters before we even arrive at the ground. It is wrong really as we are sitting pretty at the  top of the league and tonight's match proved to be a very important one, going 4 & 5 points clear of 2nd and 3rd place respectively,

Nothing has really changed in my lifetime - I remember the atmosphere's as a young boy (glory days) and even in the top flight if we were not playing one of the big boys, you will have quieter days...

Part and parcel of football I guess - we are all human. I sang all afternoon on saturday at MK Dons - but tonight, I hardly said a word, not strictly true of course - the ground doesnt help either as mentioned,

Bizarrely, some of the best atmosphere's can be created at night matches - not tonight though !

I think its more that we are expecting to win, so when we are its not exciting!

Poor atmosphere but the expectancy is actually making for a worse atmosphere!!

couldn't agree more add to that 1 stand missing  and after a few crap seasons have we forgot how to enjoy are football 5 or 6 more win and I think the promotion party will start

Archived