IGNORED

Peter Beagrie

HoldenBall

Catching up on the FL72 preview today, I'll ignore the fact that Preston and Swindle got a considerable mention whilst we were completely ignored, but I don't mind that..

The fountain of knowledge that is Peter Beagrie said "We're going off the boil a bit".. Have I been dreaming or haven't we lost a game in near 3 months?

Makes Steve Claridge look like Gary Neville..

Basically, most TV pundits regard the job as money for old road. Very few actually do any research and just turn up and talk garbage. In a way it's not their fault. The responsibility lies with the programme makers. When I become dictator of sport TV I'll sort them out.

Basically, most TV pundits regard the job as money for old road. Very few actually do any research and just turn up and talk garbage. In a way it's not their fault. The responsibility lies with the programme makers. When I become dictator of sport TV I'll sort them out.

Obviously by donating all football rights to 'Made in Bristol' first?

He used to do a review on sky sports web site, couple of years back I wrote in asking him why for two year running in the championship we were the only club not to even be mentioned by him in the season review, never answered me, I get the feeling Beagrie doesn't like us, not that I expect him to like us but a bit of parity would only be fair surely!

He's always hated us.

No idea why - perhaps it's because he's from a grim northern sheite-hole and we're not.

I remember when we last got promoted from this division, in March/April we were solidly in 2nd place behind Scunny and a few points above Forest. He was asked who will get automatically promoted and he said Scunny and Forest, because Forest's "fans will see them through".

He used to do a review on sky sports web site, couple of years back I wrote in asking him why for two year running in the championship we were the only club not to even be mentioned by him in the season review, never answered me, I get the feeling Beagrie doesn't like us, not that I expect him to like us but a bit of parity would only be fair surely!

I'm pretty sure that the first league game of this season, Beagrie was bad mouthing us at full time with Cotterill present!

Cotterill brought him down a peg or two

An anacdote from Wiki that may interest you:

In 1991 whilst playing for Everton, Beagrie was involved in a motorcycle crash. The incident took place during Everton's pre-season tour of Spain. Beagrie having left the bar flagged down a Spanish motorcyclist and convinced him to give him a lift to his hotel. Upon arriving at the hotel he did not wake the night porter. Beagrie then drove the motorcycle up the hotel steps and smashed right through the plate glass window. He required 50 stitches.[11] He was drunk at the time.[12]

I think most of the pundits just go through the motions and say whatever comes into their mind when asked about a team of which they probably know very little.

Money for old rope. We could all say a load of old guff about any team with a few cliches thrown in for good measure.

I read somewhere that Gary Neville spends all day every day researching teams, players, managers etc so that when he is called upon to give opinions on a game or team he sounds credible, that is professional and the least we should expect.

How fed up are we all of listening to the 'going through the motions' merchants?!

It's tedious but I'm quite happy if the rest of the world thinks we've gone 'off the boil' - if they believe

Mr P Beagrie then that's their lookout...

Archived