IGNORED

Peter Beagrie

HoldenBall

Agree with you 100 % Red, it would be nice to have Horse Racing being presented by someone like a retired trainer or similar and the likes in football etc, even my wife says why are there so many females in football commentary, etc nowadays ( you got to love her !) What do they know !!They did try Lester once on the Money Programme but his tax saving tips werent taken seriously :laughcont: :laughcont:

In Claire Baldings defence, she has grown up with horses all her life.. her dad was a successful trainer, her brother is a trainer and she was an amateur jockey.. I think she qualifies as a decent presenter for horse racing.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, sport shows (and I'm not just talking about football here) were better when they were presented and had pundits drawn from, sports journalists who had a sound understanding of the particular sport they were commenting on.

The trend for having retired professional sportspeople everywhere, sadly, just shows up how dull and thick many of them are. Likewise the idea of having shows fronted by Jack-of-all-Trades broadcasting journeymen, like Chiles, Murray, Balding etc...

Like Sunday supplement?

In Claire Baldings defence, she has grown up with horses all her life.. her dad was a successful trainer, her brother is a trainer and she was an amateur jockey.. I think she qualifies as a decent presenter for horse racing.

True, but not a presenter for every bleeding thing else, as the Beeb like to push her.

I guess she "ticks boxes".

I'm pretty sure Beagrie was in the Sheffield united team who we relegated through the play offs in 1988 in those days the third bottom team from

the above division we're in them along with 3rd 4th and 5th teams from the league below we beat the blades 2-1 over the two legs in the semis

maybe that's why he doesn't like us

Archived