IGNORED

Peter Beagrie

HoldenBall

He's always hated us.

No idea why - perhaps it's because he's from a grim northern sheite-hole and we're not.

I remember when we last got promoted from this division, in March/April we were solidly in 2nd place behind Scunny and a few points above Forest. He was asked who will get automatically promoted and he said Scunny and Forest, because Forest's "fans will see them through".

Yep, in 2006/7.

He really struggles to ever say anything complimentary about us, the miserable northern tosser that he is.

An anacdote from Wiki that may interest you:

In 1991 whilst playing for Everton, Beagrie was involved in a motorcycle crash. The incident took place during Everton's pre-season tour of Spain. Beagrie having left the bar flagged down a Spanish motorcyclist and convinced him to give him a lift to his hotel. Upon arriving at the hotel he did not wake the night porter. Beagrie then drove the motorcycle up the hotel steps and smashed right through the plate glass window. He required 50 stitches.[11] He was drunk at the time.[12]

It gets better, it was also the wrong hotel

I ignore everything these so called pundits say. Worse was Paul scholes first day of the season at man utd Swansea.

When asked about why he predicted Swansea for relegation in his evening standard article he said for they were a poor side. Bt sports then showed a graphic with there team and signings in the summer and scholes answered I never realized they had such a good team, they won't go down with that squad.

When asked why he said they would go down he said " never looked into their team just went off the top of my head and by name"

I don't get why people on here get so wound up by things like this, same as moaning about the Football league show every week.

Most things don't bother me but this was an absurd thing to say.

I don't get why people on here get so wound up by things like this, same as moaning about the Football league show every week.

I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing out what an utter melt someone is for coming out with such nonsense. I don't expect him to know everything about us but if he hasn't noticed that we've extended our lead at the top then he isn't doing his job properly.

Personally I'm not that bothered but it is amazing that a so-called expert can't even be arsed to look at the table, never mind the form table!

I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing out what an utter melt someone is for coming out with such nonsense. I don't expect him to know everything about us but if he hasn't noticed that we've extended our lead at the top then he isn't doing his job properly.

Personally I'm not that bothered but it is amazing that a so-called expert can't even be arsed to look at the table, never mind the form table!

It is a nothing comment but really who actually cares? The constant moaning also about the Bristol City Football league show every week is pretty pathetic.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, sport shows (and I'm not just talking about football here) were better when they were presented and had pundits drawn from, sports journalists who had a sound understanding of the particular sport they were commenting on.

The trend for having retired professional sportspeople everywhere, sadly, just shows up how dull and thick many of them are. Likewise the idea of having shows fronted by Jack-of-all-Trades broadcasting journeymen, like Chiles, Murray, Balding etc...

I've said it before and I'll say it again, sport shows (and I'm not just talking about football here) were better when they were presented and had pundits drawn from, sports journalists who had a sound understanding of the particular sport they were commenting on.

The trend for having retired professional sportspeople everywhere, sadly, just shows up how dull and thick many of them are. Likewise the idea of having shows fronted by Jack-of-all-Trades broadcasting journeymen, like Chiles, Murray, Balding etc...

Agree with you 100 % Red, it would be nice to have Horse Racing being presented by someone like a retired trainer or similar and the likes in football etc, even my wife says why are there so many females in football commentary, etc nowadays ( you got to love her !) What do they know !!They did try Lester once on the Money Programme but his tax saving tips werent taken seriously :laughcont: :laughcont:

It is a nothing comment but really who actually cares? The constant moaning also about the Bristol City Football league show every week is pretty pathetic.

That is a bit over the top, I agree. They're hardly going to talk about us every week.

I just think that if you're a Football League pundit and you don't have the vaguest idea of the recent form of the team who are top then you're doing something wrong. Luckily for him it doesn't matter in his job but if most of us made a mistake of the same magnitude in our jobs we'd be on the end of a thundering bollocking or even out on our ears. I think that people have every right to call him out for such an embarrassing gaffe.

Someone has tweeted him asking him to explain his comments...but he's only ever tweeted twice, both on the day he opened his account, and not since August 2013. So I suspect he won't get a reply.

I'm normally fairly ambivalent to pundit's inane musings, but this just shows he hasn't done the research he is paid to do. We should reasonably expect better given how much some of us pay to watch Sky Sports.

Basically, most TV pundits regard the job as money for old road. Very few actually do any research and just turn up and talk garbage. In a way it's not their fault. The responsibility lies with the programme makers. When I become dictator of sport TV I'll sort them out.

I am guessing that he has probably looked at the league tables for the previous 3 or 4 weeks, noticed that we weren't top any more and without looking at the games played column, assumed our form had dipped....... ********!

Archived