IGNORED

Final Top 5?....

Negan

its how teams cope with Injures   that will have a huge bearing on the final table . its two games a week for most and players are going to get injured  , how would mk cope without alli or Swindon with out Williams ,its the teams with good quality in reserve that will come though in the end and ii think we have that depth of squad ( hope and believe  we have some one to replace smith lined up ) to see us over the line . Bradford's pitch might just effect a few results  for and against . do I think we will do it yes promotion with 3 games to spare title with 2  to spare  

I think it will be

Preston

Us

Sheff Utd (running us close)

MK Dons

Bradford

Doncaster

I think Swindon are going to struggle and fall away.

Cant see all that happening. Preston too inconsistent, Swindon will not go away no matter how much we want them to and my version of Sheff Utd running us close is about 6 points behind us.

Must say I'm usually very pessimistic about City... but as recent games against Fleetwood, P.Vale & Posh showed as long as the team keep working for each other, even when we don't play that well we have enough quality over most teams in this division to get wins.

So although not taking anything for granted, I am strangely optimistic this time that we will get enough wins against the 'lesser' sides to finish in the top two. Hopefully starting with 3 pts from Colchester Saturday!

Haha, people seriously worried about Sheff Utd? No chance they catch us. Talk of winning 15 of 17 is ludicrous. No team in professional football will accomplish that sort of form.

This. I can't believe people have even contemplated it. I can say with absolute confidence that the chances of sheff utd even so much as getting within shouting distance of us is a big fat zilch.

Even if they did go on an outrageous run-in and hit 40+pts, they'd still be way off our pace. I can see them creating a twitch or three amongst a few of the sides below us, and they won't quite have ruled out an auto spot just yet, but we aren't on their radar a much as they're not on ours.

They're concentrating on consolidating the play offs and seeing where it might take them.

Interesting to look back at the league table at this stage of the season in previous years:

2010-11

1 Brighton P 29 Pts 59 (1st)

2 Bournemouth P 32 Pts 55 (6th)

3 Huddersfield P 31 Pts 52 (3rd)

4 Peterborough P 31 Pts 50 (4th)

5 Southampton P 29 Pts 49 (2nd)

2011-12

1 Charlton P 30 Pts 68 (1st)

2 Sheff Utd P 30 Pts 62 (3rd)

3 Sheff Wed P 32 Pts 57 (2nd)

4 Huddersfield P 30 Pts 55 (4th)

5 MK Dons P 30 Pts 52 (5th)

2012-13

1 Tranmere P 31 Pts 56 (11th)

2 Doncaster P 30 Pts 56 (1st)

3 Swindon P 31 Pts 55 (6th)

4 Bournemouth P 31 Pts 55 (2nd)

5 Sheff Utd P 30 Pts 51 (5th)

2013-14

1 Brentford P 30 Pts 66 (2nd)

2 Wolves P 30 Pts 64 (1st)

3 Leyton Orient P 31 Pts 61 (3rd)

4 Preston P 30 Pts 56 (5th)

5 Rotherham P 30 Pts 54 (4th)

Recent history shows that other than Tranmere who somehow managed to finish 11th, the league leaders at this stage manage to get themselves over the line and very little changes in the playoff picture.

Interesting to look back at the league table at this stage of the season in previous years:

2010-11

1 Brighton P 29 Pts 59 (1st)

2 Bournemouth P 32 Pts 55 (6th)

3 Huddersfield P 31 Pts 52 (3rd)

4 Peterborough P 31 Pts 50 (4th)

5 Southampton P 29 Pts 49 (2nd)

2011-12

1 Charlton P 30 Pts 68 (1st)

2 Sheff Utd P 30 Pts 62 (3rd)

3 Sheff Wed P 32 Pts 57 (2nd)

4 Huddersfield P 30 Pts 55 (4th)

5 MK Dons P 30 Pts 52 (5th)

2012-13

1 Tranmere P 31 Pts 56 (11th)

2 Doncaster P 30 Pts 56 (1st)

3 Swindon P 31 Pts 55 (6th)

4 Bournemouth P 31 Pts 55 (2nd)

5 Sheff Utd P 30 Pts 51 (5th)

2013-14

1 Brentford P 30 Pts 66 (2nd)

2 Wolves P 30 Pts 64 (1st)

3 Leyton Orient P 31 Pts 61 (3rd)

4 Preston P 30 Pts 56 (5th)

5 Rotherham P 30 Pts 54 (4th)

Recent history shows that other than Tranmere who somehow managed to finish 11th, the league leaders at this stage manage to get themselves over the line and very little changes in the playoff picture.

Blimey, Tranmere ballsed that up spectacularly!

Especially when you consider where they are now! 22nd in league 2...

I'm confident we'll go up via automatics this year. Between us MK Dons and Swindon.

thats what happens when you sell all your best players and don't replace them, same thing has happened at Peterborough

Some stats for those who like these kind of things (nicked from the Preston forum, their words re Derby's not mine...)

Of the top 5 remaining matches to play:

Bristol City - 2 of the top 5, all of the bottom 6 and 8 from the middle group (2 derby games - Yeovil & Swindon)

MK Dons - 2 of the top 5, 3 of the bottom 6 and 10 from the middle group (1 derby game - Peterborough?)

Swindon - 3 of the top 5, 4 of the bottom 6 and 9 from the middle group (1 derby game - Bristol C)

PNE - 3 of the top 5, 2 of the bottom 6 and 12 from the middle group (3 derby games - Fleetwood, Rochdale, Oldham)

Sheff Utd. - 0 of the top 5, 5 of the bottom 6 and 12 from the middle group (4 derby games - Bradford, Doncaster, Barnsley, Chesterfield)

And...if you want the full list form them as well...enjoy

Bristol City

A Colchester
A Doncaster
H Rochdale
A Leyton Orient
A Crawley
A Yeovil
H Gillingham
H Crewe
H Barnsley
A Oldham