IGNORED

Final Top 5?....

Negan

I think people are forgetting that playing teams who are scrapping for safety at the end of the season is dangerous. 02/03 an example, Chesterfield 2-0 City. Them teams will be battling for every point come the end, I can see Sheffield Utd winning majority but they will lose a few too!

Then you have at least 7 teams who feel they can sneak 6th place who will also be firing on all cylinders.

All to play for this season and dont for one moment think any of the others have an easier run-in.

I can see your point but you can flip it by saying they are scrapping for safety for a reason that being they aren't very good!

Haha, people seriously worried about Sheff Utd? No chance they catch us. Talk of winning 15 of 17 is ludicrous. No team in professional football will accomplish that sort of form.

Also, OP is mental putting Peterborough in with a shout of snatching that 6th place finish...did you not see them last night? They were awful, up there with the worst teams I've seen this year.

Rochdale I think have a chance of being the dark horse to sneak it.

Haha, people seriously worried about Sheff Utd? No chance they catch us. Talk of winning 15 of 17 is ludicrous. No team in professional football will accomplish that sort of form.

Also, OP is mental putting Peterborough in with a shout of snatching that 6th place finish...did you not see them last night? They were awful, up there with the worst teams I've seen this year.

Rochdale I think have a chance of being the dark horse to sneak it.

I agree. The lowest placed team we should slightly be worried about are Preston.

Bradford dark horses for play offs imo too.

I agree with Red White and Red. There are far too many improbables that can't be predicted - e g Elliot being sent off in the second minute against Swindon; losing to Crewe; poor refereeing decisions; injuries etc. (but it will be fun to see how accurate your predictions are)

read this as ............... be mocked relentlessly on this forum ..................... for daring to be incorrect

Donald Rumsfeld was asked his thoughts as to how things would go from here to the end of the season and who would finish top 5 in this season's league 1. He replied:

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know.

There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we know we don't know,

But there are also unknown unknowns. Thee are things we don't know we don't know"

He went on to say " I suggest you invest in some bum oil!".

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/30280988

Have a look at that. I think they got to 22 and then lost vs Valencia

Link didn't work for me, but assuming it's Barcelona/Madrid. Along with Celtic, you can probably dismiss lengthy runs of form from those teams as the standard of teams in their respective leagues outside of those 3 clubs is woeful. Although the Spanish league is slowly getting a bit more competitive of late I admit.

League 1, as evidenced by the gap between the playoffs and relegation spots, is far more competitive than either of the Spanish or Scottish top flights, and that sort of run just isn't likely.

Disagree in what some people are saying.

Our next 3 games are all tricky, and to be honest 3 draws could be likely. Take that as 3pts, and if Sheff United won their next 3, looking at the games they have, most likely, that 16 points is suddenly 10pts with 13 / 14 to play.

We have two very tough matches in Rochdale and Doncaster, and away at Colchester won't be easy.

People look at it as us losing 5 games more than Sheff Utd for them to catch us but that's not the case, we could draw 3 times when then win 3 times, and lose once when they win, and suddenly they've closed the gap 9 pts with a game in hand.

This league really is take each game as it comes, for me our next two games, are a lot harder than the 4 teams below us, next 2 games and it's important we get something from those matches, as if our opponents close the gap even by 2-3 points over the next two games, it can start to give other teams belief and cause us to feel more vulnerable. 

Disagree in what some people are saying.

Our next 3 games are all tricky, and to be honest 3 draws could be likely. Take that as 3pts, and if Sheff United won their next 3, looking at the games they have, most likely, that 16 points is suddenly 10pts with 13 / 14 to play.

We have two very tough matches in Rochdale and Doncaster, and away at Colchester won't be easy.

People look at it as us losing 5 games more than Sheff Utd for them to catch us but that's not the case, we could draw 3 times when then win 3 times, and lose once when they win, and suddenly they've closed the gap 9 pts with a game in hand.

This league really is take each game as it comes, for me our next two games, are a lot harder than the 4 teams below us, next 2 games and it's important we get something from those matches, as if our opponents close the gap even by 2-3 points over the next two games, it can start to give other teams belief and cause us to feel more vulnerable. 

We are at home to Rochdale, Sheffield United are away to Rochdale in the 3 game period you speak of.

Ours is tricky but you think Sheff Utd will "most likely" beat them? Think you need to relax mate.

Lets be honest we are miles clear of Sheffield Utd and we would need a massive turn around in results for them to catch up with us and I cannot see it.

Colchester Away tough? We are top of the league, do some not realise that, we should win these games.

16 points

My QPR season ticket holder mate always says to catch a team it normally takes a point a game over the course so to catch 16 points would take 16 games,

anyway we shouldn't worry about anyone but ourselves, and I'm sure thats what Cotts is telling the team,

Lets be honest we are miles clear of Sheffield Utd and we would need a massive turn around in results for them to catch up with us and I cannot see it.

Colchester Away tough? We are top of the league, do some not realise that, we should win these games.

Should? Could? Will?

The beauty of the beautiful game is that nothing is for certain. It delights us and destroys us in equal measures. Every team can pull off the unexpected and to be successful is to keep the unexpected at bay more than the other clubs.

The major reason why I do not gamble on horses, dogs and football. They are lotteries just like real life.

Colchester should be an away win to target. Lets look at Colchesters last 6 games at home.

Won 1

Drawn 0

Lost 5

Goals scored: 6

Goals conceded 12

Crewe should of been an away win but we lost 1-0,

All I can say is I hope the players aren't as over confident as the fans

Colchester should be an away win to target. Lets look at Colchesters last 6 games at home.

Won 1

Drawn 0

Lost 5

Goals scored: 6

Goals conceded 12

That's me having a tenner on Colchester then

In my head we don't have the best of records there, anyone know for sure?

Crewe should of been an away win but we lost 1-0,

All I can say is I hope the players aren't as over confident as the fans

Your absolutely right. We should have been 3 up at half time but weren't. Williams sent off early in second half then Crewe nick a 1 zip.

That's how circumstances can change football results.

I'm not over confident, I'm just making the point that Colchester away is easier than other fixtures on our travels.

I'd be disappointed with a draw.

Your absolutely right. We should have been 3 up at half time but weren't. Williams sent off early in second half then Crewe nick a 1 zip.

That's how circumstances can change football results.

I'm not over confident, I'm just making the point that Colchester away is easier than other fixtures on our travels.

I'd be disappointed with a draw.

Thats where we disagree no away game is easier then others regardless of league postion, any point on the road is a point gained imo

Archived