IGNORED

The Official Colchester United V Bristol City Match Day Thread

Not when Roy played though.....

I seem to recall in 1971 Leeds easily the best team in the country at the time went 3 - 0 down to Colchester at Layer Road in a cup game and went onto lose 3 - 2 as well, it happens FFS.

PS:-Not having a go at you Chris, just the people with this unrealistic sense of BCFC entitlement, just turn the clock back 12 months.

Edited by Esmond Million's Bung
  • Like 1

I seem to recall in 1971 Leeds easily the best team in the country at the time went 3 - 0 down to Colchester at Layer Road in a cup game and went onto lose 3 - 2 as well, it happens FFS.

PS:-Not having a go at you Chris, just the people with this unrealistic sense of BCFC entitlement, just turn the clock back 12 months.

Wow....

How many more times are you going to revert back to 12 months ago? Nearly every post.

• Like 1

Wow....

How many more times are you going to revert back to 12 months ago? Nearly every post.

Why?, can you explain the arrogant sense that we should win every single game?, it's insulting to our opponents wherever they are in the league, it's important that people realise how far we have come in 12 months and just be glad about being where we are and in a position to determine our own destiny for once.

The trouble is and I am going to say this, there are more than a few posters who pounce on any setback merely because they didn't vote for SC.

And Barca lost today Messi & all....And i agree with you 

After the last few years of watching city I still class a defeat by only one goal a good achievement.

We've been absolutely spoilt this season, yeah we lost but so what, dry your eyes and get some perspective. Top of the league, game in hand, wembley trip ... Boys had a bad day but have been class the last 12 months.

Get behind your ******* team

• Like 3

Quite right. Most teams have blips at times and City are no different. After losing against Swindon and Preston we went on a good run, and there is no reason why we can't do the same again. Better to get this sort of upset now rather than the end of the season when it's squeaky bum time.

and you've run out of bum-oil :shocking:

Let it go, let it go, a rare loss shouldn't worry us anyway!

We're gonna win more than enough points come seasons end, ... Relax and enjoy the ride, it'd be pretty boring without the odd down among the ups, twists and turns - thrill to the excitement, relative safety but with a touch of jeopardy thrown in to keep everyone on their toes... but Always Believe!

Not me. I'd rather have a bad loser, ungracious in defeat, then someone mumbling on about how it's all about the process, rather than the result, after a stuffing.

If you want REAL bollocks from a manager , take Crawley....

."They're probably the best team in the league and we just decided to let them play in their own half. We kept them at bay."

Er.... NO, you Welsh windbag, there are at LEAST two teams better !

Edited by slartibartfast

OMG how dare they lose, they should have signed players in the window, then they wouldn't have lost today, that's how it works isn't it?.

What I am a little concerned wit is how poorly we started today and also against MK Dons.If they had had a decent striker we could have been a couple down by half time.Now is this because SC needs to give them a kick up the backside or are they getting a bit stale and knackered.In either case SC needs to get it sorted out.My concern is if it the latter why haven't we indeed signed a few more fresh faces because we have one hell of a schedule coming including the mickey mouse cup final which won't help.

What I am a little concerned wit is how poorly we started today and also against MK Dons.If they had had a decent striker we could have been a couple down by half time.Now is this because SC needs to give them a kick up the backside or are they getting a bit stale and knackered.In either case SC needs to get it sorted out.My concern is if it the latter why haven't we indeed signed a few more fresh faces because we have one hell of a schedule coming including the mickey mouse cup final which won't help.

i've asked other who are these 'fresh faces'?, for most of the past 5/6 years we have brought in mainly dross at this time of the season, signing players who are merely available is going back to the bad old days, we only want players who will enhance the squad and not just numbers and again Doyle and Sears reported targets of ours signed for championship teams, that's not anybody's fault.

Not me. I'd rather have a bad loser, ungracious in defeat, then someone mumbling on about how it's all about the process, rather than the result, after a stuffing.

Loving Cotts. He's clearly absolutely livid with the players ... that's what a winner is all about. Top man, top manager.

Now go sort it against Donny m"boys.

• Like 1

just got back from the game.I could say a lot of things about the performance but SC was right about the pitch and also the head injury feigning .

The referee was utterly disgraceful and the amount of sh1t that fking camel Chris Porter got away with.

How about the two footed challenge on Freeman second half that was waved play on when they almost scored!!

Still keen to see if Porter hand balled it for the goal too.

Not excusing how utterly inept we were to a man first half but the officiating was disgusting.

Time wasting from the 15th min and you could see how they ended Deli Ali's season.

Bunch of Essex cloggers.

• Like 1

Why?, can you explain the arrogant sense that we should win every single game?, it's insulting to our opponents wherever they are in the league, it's important that people realise how far we have come in 12 months and just be glad about being where we are and in a position to determine our own destiny for once.

The trouble is and I am going to say this, there are more than a few posters who pounce on any setback merely because they didn't vote for SC.

After a few sherbets I am sure I will be more mellow, and any balanced view of where we are overall would be that we are delighted.

However, on today alone, and it pains me to say it, if there was any arrogant sense that we win every game, it was from the players in the first half. We simply did not turn up.

We need to lose, right now, any arrogant sense that this is simply ups and downs, but deep down a belief the job is done. It's not. We have a third of the season still to go. We have a huge amount of work still to do, and we need to step up to the plate at the start of each and every match.

As for Cotts, I happen to think he is not somebody who will stand for the first half performance, and dead right.

oooohhh he blames the pitch... no excuse he says but he blames it about 3 times,.... lorra larfs... bless him... oh theres 4 times,... oh and the officials were useless and colchester cheated... lorra larfs

I'm back from china for a couple of weeks and was at the game today (my wife is from Butuan City Philippines). Of course we were bad (especially the first 45) and it was a mess. You're right the pitch was not an issue. I understand your point about SC blaming everything, but he was magnificent on the touchline today and I'm glad he's here and passionate and angry. He was livid on BCFC Player and rightly so. Naturally, there are questions about why we performed so badly but I'm happy he's on the bus to Donny. I also think he was correct in his subs policy today. Ayling has been tremendous all season but he had to change after the debacle of the first half hour. Switching to 442 was sensible. Shocking result but respect for Steve from me today. I know you won't agree but greatest respect to you anyway my friend and fellow red. CTID

• Like 1

After a few sherbets I am sure I will be more mellow, and any balanced view of where we are overall would be that we are delighted.

However, on today alone, and it pains me to say it, if there was any arrogant sense that we win every game, it was from the players in the first half. We simply did not turn up.

We need to lose, right now, any arrogant sense that this is simply ups and downs, but deep down a belief the job is done. It's not. We have a third of the season still to go. We have a huge amount of work still to do, and we need to step up to the plate at the start of each and every match.

As for Cotts, I happen to think he is not somebody who will stand for the first half performance, and dead right.

i'm sure the highlighted portion is correct and i'm also sure SC will make his feeling known in no uncertain terms, I was talking about comments pre and post match on this thread, football matches throw up results and 1st or 2nd half performances that beggar belief, put ourselves in the place of Colchester fans and in the position they are in the league (or turn your mind back), it's wins like this that start to make you start to believe again, they happen and I suspect that when the Colchester fans started out for todays game not many if any even dreamt about winning and even less scoring 3 goals but I suspect even more strongly the most surprised and hurt person is SC.

i'm sure the highlighted portion is correct and i'm also sure SC will make his feeling known in no uncertain terms, I was talking about comments pre and post match on this thread, football matches throw up results and 1st or 2nd half performances that beggar belief, put ourselves in the place of Colchester fans and in the position they are in the league (or turn your mind back), it's wins like this that start to make you start to believe again, they happen and I suspect that when the Colchester fans started out for todays game not many if any even dreamt about winning and even less scoring 3 goals but I suspect even more strongly the most surprised and hurt person is SC.

Actually chatting to several in the bar before the game one comment stuck in my mind -

"It'll be just like us to turn you over. On our day we raise it and we get after the top teams. Our problem is consistency. We don't do it over 90 mins or over a span of several games.

Today we will either lose 5-0 or beat you"

That seemed to be a fair reflection on a lot of them. They are frustrated and probably not surprised they beat us.

• Like 1

Agree with that. Think I am right in saying none of the bottom five lost today. They are going to fight tooth and nail for every point. We need it match that, and then hope that little extra class can come out.

• Like 1

Actually chatting to several in the bar before the game one comment stuck in my mind -

"It'll be just like us to turn you over. On our day we raise it and we get after the top teams. Our problem is consistency. We don't do it over 90 mins or over a span of several games.

Today we will either lose 5-0 or beat you"

That seemed to be a fair reflection on a lot of them. They are frustrated and probably not surprised they beat us.

3 points before today from top 6 sides home and away so far seems to dispute that, sounds like hedging one's bet to me, but hey fair play to them as I said for a team celebrating only their 4th home of the season, it'll bring those fans back for the next home game, that's what football does.