IGNORED

The Official Colchester United V Bristol City Match Day Thread

At least in the 2nd half we showed a bit of fight, with a bit more I think we could have got a point. It sounded from the radio that Cotterill spent most of his time shouting for them to get the ball up there, he shouldn't have to tell them that though so I don't know why they couldn't. I guess Colchester are scrapping for points too, they did a job on us so you got to accept that. Once they were 3 up they only had to park the bus and you can't blame them.

A point away today and again at Doncaster was the minimum ask, now it's 3 Tuesday. It's still on due to other results. I'd rather be in our position than any other team.

At least the Dongs have lost their edge with Alli out ...

We're still top with a game in hand .

Swindon lost at home to relegation fodder Crawley .

We made a fist of the second half .

Always believe.

Exactly. We've only lost 5 games and need to clear our heads for Tuesday's match. The team are travelling straight to Doncaster from Colchester and this jolt plus our renowned togetherness will see us pick up at least a point against the Vikings.

At least the Dongs have lost their edge with Alli out ...

We're still top with a game in hand .

Swindon lost at home to relegation fodder Crawley .

We made a fist of the second half .

Always believe.

I'm always wary of teams at the bottom, they've got everything to fight for, as we and Swindon discovered today... Preservation is an even stronger motivator than ambition, beware the injured dogs.

Can still go 5 points clear of second IF we win our game in hand, Sheffield Utd only drew, Shame PNE won along with the Franchise but Swindle lost which is lucky,

Always believe onwards to Donny hopefully back to winning ways and this is our blip over!

Gutted our defensive records only the second best now but still the second best scoring record.

Edited by TNBT

Final thoughts from Colchester.

A shell shocked set of fans after we just didn't turn up first half. We were a yard slow all over the pitch. Imo we over played when nearing their box.

2nd half we went far more direct and with a bit more luck could have grabbed an unlikely point. All too often the ball just wouldn't drop but no complaints over all from me.

Good effort second half boys, just don't start the game on Tuesday the same as today !!

oooohhh he blames the pitch... no excuse he says but he blames it about 3 times,.... lorra larfs... bless him... oh theres 4 times,... oh and the officials were useless and colchester cheated... lorra larfs

Your not getting at our fantastic manager are you?  OH!   I was wrong yet again>

Edited by EstoniaTallinnRed

oooohhh he blames the pitch... no excuse he says but he blames it about 3 times,.... lorra larfs... bless him... oh theres 4 times,... oh and the officials were useless and colchester cheated... lorra larfs

So he's a bad loser?, much like most of us, what do want him to do call the players a bunch of ***** before the Donny game?.

We've come a long way in such a short time and we are still top of the league FFS, this guy has earned a break unlike the previous 3 ******* idiots.

All over.

Dreadful result for a team in our position.

Not as bad as Swindon but thats just papering over the cracks, we should have won this game comfortably.

Shite game management at the end of the game as well.

I know those officials were terrible but I wouldn't say at the end I'd say all game :-D :-P :laugh:

• Like 1

So he's a bad loser?, much like most of us, what do want him to do call the players a bunch of ***** before the Donny game?.

We've come a long way in such a short time and we are still top of the league FFS, this guy has earned a break unlike the previous 3 ******* idiots.

don't shoot the messenger old mucker. just read my post again theres a good chap.

I would expect him to say we were 5hit... correct... but he didn't... that I think was my point, sorry you missed it.

He's paid to see the bigger picture and manage his players properly not to be babyish and over-react to please one or two fans who are still raging because we've lost a game of football for only the fifth time in thirty one. Maybe a small minority on here would feel better if he smashed a couple of the more poorly performing players, who haven't let him down many times, with a baseball bat - that will get them playing for him on Tuesday.

Calm Down, Calm Down, overeacting's not the answer, we lost by one goal, game of two halves against a relegation threatened side fighting for their lives at home.

Its how we react that matters not hysterical overreaction... Keep yer heads City - still best in league..

Quite right. Most teams have blips at times and City are no different. After losing against Swindon and Preston we went on a good run, and there is no reason why we can't do the same again. Better to get this sort of upset now rather than the end of the season when it's squeaky bum time.