IGNORED

Official Doncaster V City Match Thread. (Merged)

Major Isewater

Bet the thick idiots are singing that they are top of the league.....err..no conference!.

The Conference IS a league.....any collection of divisions is a league, makes me laugh when teams (including us!) sing 'we are top of the league' - we are not, we are top of a division, yes I know it's called 'league one' and that sort of shoots down my argument but the league is the whole lot not just one bit of it.

I played in the Bristol Regional League for many years, it was a collection of about 7 divisions back then but it shows that many levels below the professional league still call themselves 'leagues' - sort of highlights how we can really call the sags 'non league' when they are part of a league?!

God I really shouldn't quaff Merlot this early in the week! It makes me pedantic and it makes me mention the word 'league' ten times in one post !!

Help!

...OK Rob, stay put, don't go anywhere for a while... You can pop out for another fag in 15/20 mins time.. :)

Don't worry, I'm recreating the match day experience by standing in an imaginary queue before having a piss, I'm then going to make myself a coffee with tepid water and powdered milk.

To complete the experience, I'll be turning the radio off 10 minutes before the end. Classic Dolman.

The Conference IS a league.....any collection of divisions is a league, makes me laugh when teams (including us!) sing 'we are top of the league' - we are not, we are top of a division, yes I know it's called 'league one' and that sort of shoots down my argument but the league is the whole lot not just one bit of it.

I played in the Bristol Regional League for many years, it was a collection of about 7 divisions back then but it shows that many levels below the professional league still call themselves 'leagues' - sort of highlights how we can really call the sags 'non league' when they are part of a league?!

God I really shouldn't quaff Merlot this early in the week! It makes me pedantic and it makes me mention the word 'league' ten times in one post !!

Help!

I don't like the tone of your post.

Archived