IGNORED

Is The New Ashton Gate On Schedule ?

foghornred

A mate I was with yesterday was saying they've had steel and design problems and it was possibly 6 weeks behind. 

Apparently it was started the same time as the top tier of the Etihad.

26th may 2014........................................and last month

etihad_stadium052m.jpg    etihad_stadium123m.jpg

I'm not sure in the grand scheme of things it makes that much difference , but may put pressure on the trades when it comes to fitting it out and finishing.

I can't see how it's going to be constructed AND fully fitted out inside by August.

I've heard the build is 7/8 weeks behind schedule yet publically the club are saying it's still going to be ready for next season??

Logistically it'll be a nightmare selling season tickets if the new stand isn't ready for the first game.

Can't see how this is going to work.

We cannot demolish the Williams until the new stand (and the Dolman revamp) are finished, but we are not going to want to delay this for it to go into a third season of works

I can only assume Barr will see the clocks going forward and no sport played there from June as a chance to pull out all the stops and catch up.

Even then ST holders will be buying tickets this summer for stands that aren't finished.

I think we can assume its behind shedule . Most project like this nowadays come in under the time due to penality clauses put in place and the main contractor screwing all the other sub contrators down to near impossible dead lines which are you require to fulfil. I have been told there have been problems with the steel not cut to the right lenght when deliverd to site also a problem with buried services which had to be moved.

There will try and get it back on shedule by putting pressure on the M and E companies to finish thier work quicker. 

I think we can assume its behind shedule . Most project like this nowadays come in under the time due to penality clauses put in place and the main contractor screwing all the other sub contrators down to near impossible dead lines which are you require to fulfil. I have been told there have been problems with the steel not cut to the right lenght when deliverd to site also a problem with buried services which had to be moved.

There will try and get it back on shedule by putting pressure on the M and E companies to finish thier work quicker. 

Well if the buried services were down to the client then a delay will probably have been given so everyone will say it is on time - except of course the real customer, ie us, will receive it later than we expected.

Been told that Construction is behind but the stand should be ready for general public next year, except that some facilities may not be ready like Toilets

Next year? 2016?  It needs to be ready for August and the new season. 

We cannot demolish the Williams until the new stand (and the Dolman revamp) are finished, but we are not going to want to delay this for it to go into a third season of works

I can only assume Barr will see the clocks going forward and no sport played there from June as a chance to pull out all the stops and catch up.

Even then ST holders will be buying tickets this summer for stands that aren't finished.

We'll see but 2 months behind schedule and it needs to be finished in 5 months? Can't see that time being made up.

However the Dolman can't be completed until the pitch has been moved, which can't happen until the Williams is demolished.

I'm sure if it's not ready then the Williams will still be in use until it's suitable.

If you buy a season ticket in the south stand you'll probably find you're relocated to the Williams for the first 6 weeks of the season.

We'll see but 2 months behind schedule and it needs to be finished in 5 months? Can't see that time being made up.

A large part of the end of the program would be fitting out and this is the sort of task that can be accelerated by just chucking more resource at the problem.

Furthermore, much of the aspects covered late in the program could be provided using temporary means eg portaloos if the toilets aren't finished in time, burger vans if the kiosks aren't sorted. Whilst not ideal, this would be a way of saving a few weeks.

The new season starts 8th August, however, that clashes with the balloon fiesta so we can assume that will be an away game on police advice. Therefore the first home game will be during the following week (if drawn at home in the League Cup) or the following weekend which gives a few more days.

I'm sure if it's not ready then the Williams will still be in use until it's suitable.

If you buy a season ticket in the south stand you'll probably find you're relocated to the Williams for the first 6 weeks of the season.

See my post above, the pitch is moving in the close season. This will allow the Dolman to be completed.

Furthermore any delay to knocking down the Williams will just increase the likelihood of a delay in it reopening.

It is therefore important the Williams is demolished as soon as the rugby playoffs are over.

They will be desperate to pull it back to avoid penalties. The fall back I suspect if we are a couple of weeks off will be asking the league to play the first few weeks of next season away. Was there ever not a world cup where projects were all behind by months, and then pulled back in time?

Archived