IGNORED

Is The New Ashton Gate On Schedule ?

foghornred

The sooner that pigeon loft is gone the better

B*****y cheek, thats been my home for many years now both as the stand and the enclosure, I was there when Mafeking was relieved ( that was a relief) I was there when Chamberlain came back from Munich and waved the Imperial Airways menu at reporters.when the Berlin Wall came down I was there ( in the enclosure, not the Wall) Bring back the Old days, knock down the Dolman and rebuild the Cowshed I say, get Bob Anderson back in goal. Premier League Football.........not on your nelly, I have had to suffer all the years going down the gate so you young uns will have to as well :bonkers: :bonkers: :bonkers: :bonkers: :bonkers::laughcont: :laughcont:

I think I remember Liverpool had their first 3 weeks scheduled for playing away matches when they had the Kop rebuilt, I'm sure it can be done.

I wouldn't want to be the person to tell SC. "Thanks for getting us promoted to the Championship, unortunately you're going to have to play the first 6 games away from home"! That is surely not a satisfactory option, especially given the likely jump in leagues.

They will be desperate to pull it back to avoid penalties. The fall back I suspect if we are a couple of weeks off will be asking the league to play the first few weeks of next season away. Was there ever not a world cup where projects were all behind by months, and then pulled back in time?

Last thing we want is for it to be decided by penalties, JET cant take em all :laughcont:

B*****y cheek, thats been my home for many years now both as the stand and the enclosure, I was there when Mafeking was relieved ( that was a relief) I was there when Chamberlain came back from Munich and waved the Imperial Airways menu at reporters.when the Berlin Wall came down I was there ( in the enclosure, not the Wall) Bring back the Old days, knock down the Dolman and rebuild the Cowshed I say, get Bob Anderson back in goal. Premier League Football.........not on your nelly, I have had to suffer all the years going down the gate so you young uns will have to as well :bonkers: :bonkers: :bonkers: :bonkers: :bonkers::laughcont: :laughcont:

Did you mean Premier Downs League Football?

Does a delay to completion of the South Stand necessarily equate to a delay in starting the new Williams?

Yes, the pitch has to be moved to finish the dolman, the Williams has to go to let the pitch be moved from what has been said previous. Therefore it's all intrinsically linked!

Yes, the pitch has to be moved to finish the dolman, the Williams has to go to let the pitch be moved from what has been said previous. Therefore it's all intrinsically linked!

OK, thanks, but that still doesn't stop you making a start on the Williams if the South Stand isn't finished does it?

I was told that the pitch was already in position and would not be moved hence the investment in it.

I was told that the pitch was already in position and would not be moved hence the investment in it.

There's no question it'll be moving further across towards the Williams; if you look at the corner of the new stand on the Williams side, it's currently a long way from the pitch compared to the Dolman side. It doesn't mean the investment over the summer was wasted; it will just be extended.

OK, thanks, but that still doesn't stop you making a start on the Williams if the South Stand isn't finished does it?

Quite right. The demolition of the Williams can start the day after this season ends. All that's required is confidence that the south stand will be habitable, in one form or the other, by the start of next season.

I'm not sure that's right; there isn't currently an excessively large run-off area in front of the Williams. The technical area already occupies all of the remaining space. I would imagine it will be extended.

From Twitter a while back, our dolly asked Craig the head groundsman......

@makemcraig can you settle an argument. Is the pitch now in its new permanent location which will mean no further moving it about?

@DoIIymarie The grassed area will not move again but the touch lines will. It moves a further 2.5 m over when the Williams stand is rebuilt

Two conflicting answers above. Still don't see how they can't extend the grass area; if it's only the lines that are moving that wouldn't leave any grass run off at all and the technical areas would be outside the grass altogether!

I'm sure I saw the groundsman the other day in Lion Stores buying 3 sacks of grass seed and 20 bags of compost, may be wrong :P

Two conflicting answers above. Still don't see how they can't extend the grass area; if it's only the lines that are moving that wouldn't leave any grass run off at all and the technical areas would be outside the grass altogether!

I reckon we'll install some sort of 3G/Astro strip alongside the actual pitch. I think I've seen clubs now that actually have artificial strips right next to the touchline so the lino's running area doesn't turn into a mudfest.

I reckon we'll install some sort of 3G/Astro strip alongside the actual pitch. I think I've seen clubs now that actually have artificial strips right next to the touchline so the lino's running area doesn't turn into a mudfest.

Would that be needed though given the Desso pitch?

Would that be needed though given the Desso pitch?

Looking at the webcam for stadium rebuild it's fair to say the edge of the pitch isn't that great assuming its all desso..?

Swansea have astro on the edge and they have one of the best looking desso pitches in the league so I guess its not uncommon. Think Man U do as well.

A large part of the end of the program would be fitting out and this is the sort of task that can be accelerated by just chucking more resource at the problem.

Furthermore, much of the aspects covered late in the program could be provided using temporary means eg portaloos if the toilets aren't finished in time, burger vans if the kiosks aren't sorted. Whilst not ideal, this would be a way of saving a few weeks.

The new season starts 8th August, however, that clashes with the balloon fiesta so we can assume that will be an away game on police advice. Therefore the first home game will be during the following week (if drawn at home in the League Cup) or the following weekend which gives a few more days.

As 1st round of the league cup tends not to have huge crowds could probably get away with having just the Dolman and Atyeo open

Archived