IGNORED

Is The New Ashton Gate On Schedule ?

foghornred

Two conflicting answers above. Still don't see how they can't extend the grass area; if it's only the lines that are moving that wouldn't leave any grass run off at all and the technical areas would be outside the grass altogether!

I saw the post by Dolly after I did mine. Her's may be more accurate than mine.

My post was based on info I saw months ago.

The rake of the new front of Dolman seating means they have to move the playing area nearer the Williams side.

They want to have more grassed area outside of the playing area for the rugby. I seem to remember a minimum of 5 metres. This may be for extra player safety?

The front of the new Williams will thus be some distance back from where it is now.

When they widen the grassed area, they will complete the undersoil heating and add the Desso treatment to it.

I believe this info is what I read but welcome correction if anyone knows otherwise.

Looking at the webcam for stadium rebuild it's fair to say the edge of the pitch isn't that great assuming its all desso..?

Swansea have astro on the edge and they have one of the best looking desso pitches in the league so I guess its not uncommon. Think Man U do as well.

Fair beans. Saves on maintenance too I imagine.

Time for a club statement on the issue of latest completion assurances.

The club will tell us what they have been told.

This will be the original completion date plus any delay allowances.  They will continue to be told this until about a week before that date when a new, later completion date will be given to them and negotiations over LADs commence.

I do wonder whether partial completion would be an option.

We'll see but 2 months behind schedule and it needs to be finished in 5 months? Can't see that time being made up.

But you're assuming that the schedule was ending in five months. Depends how much of a buffer they gave themselves in the first place.

If the stand that they are building now is behind  schedule then what happens when the Williams Stand is demolished and that building falls behind schedule,we could have a very reduced capacity in the Championship meaning that we will not be able to compete due to the new fair play rules.  

I think I remember Liverpool had their first 3 weeks scheduled for playing away matches when they had the Kop rebuilt, I'm sure it can be done.

Lawd knows why I remember this but no - that was a few years earlier when it was still very much terracing. It was 87-88 before Hillsborough so all-seater stadiums weren't even on the agenda then. A sewer collapsed under the Kop a few days before the start of the 87/88 season and they had to postpone their first three home games.

As you say, though, where there's a will there's a way - the Liverpool example was on the eve of the season (about a week before I think but I'd have to consult the trusty Rothman's to confirm) and the league still scrambled to make it work. If it came to June and there was no prospect of the new stand being ready for the new season there'd be plenty of time, although it wouldn't be without its headaches so obviously we don't want it to come to that! 

Archived