IGNORED

Who Is It Then?

glynriley

That would depend entirely on the circumstances. 15 is over the age at which it is statutory rape, but of course is still an offense, and he might be deemed to have been in a position of influence.

Like others say, this is IF he did anything at all. Unlike others, he has certainly not been convicted of anything yet.

Yep. You're right.

If I remember correctly, he had to know or believe her to be under the age of 16.

I remember him scoring a late, winning penalty for Middlesbro in front of the Atyeo then putting his finger to his lips in a mocking gesture which was completely unprovoked as he'd received no stick through the game -in fact, at the time, he was beginning to build his reputation as a bright young talent. I didn't appreciate the gesture at the time and have never appreciated him ever since (because I'm vindictive that way). However, I don't delight in hearing this news.

It was that that penalty that taught my (at the time) 5 year old boy his first proper swear word. Daddy, what is a wykerr?!! 

Agreed, that always left a sour taste with me as he'd received no provocation whatsoever. Struck me as a bit of a Billy Sharp character, someone that just loved to wind people up for the sake of it.

Wouldn't say his career has gone downhill, he's an established Premier League regular while this is Boro's 6th straight season in the Championship...

Yeah, from a financial point he's done well for himself. Shame as he looked good in stages for Man City.

As others have said, nothing has been proven yet. We only have to remember the case of Chris Jeffries to know that the police sometimes arrest innocent parties which the media then sensationalise.

Don't be silly - he's a man. He must be guilty :nono:

Yeah I remember the game he gave it gigantic big I am when equalising. Maynard pinged in a cracking winner and suddenly he went into hiding. Always thought he's a wasted his talent. This could be the end of it full stop

Hope this turns out to be false accusations as anything like this just tarnishes the game & footballers, why any real bloke would want to sleep with anyone under 21 I don't know but that's probably coming from being a dad of a teenager around the same age.

What also does my head in is if this was the opposite way round it wouldn't get half the publicity if it was a teenage boy when both are on the same par imo.

Hope this turns out to be false accusations as anything like this just tarnishes the game & footballers, why any real bloke would want to sleep with anyone under 21 I don't know but that's probably coming from being a dad of a teenager around the same age.

What also does my head in is if this was the opposite way round it wouldn't get half the publicity if it was a teenage boy when both are on the same par imo.

Well, that makes me a pervert, then. My first wife was 20 when I married her.

Well, that makes me a pervert, then. My first wife was 20 when I married her.

Maybe you're Aiz :laugh:, not saying a relationship between people with a large a age difference can't happen as some 18 to 21 year olds are more mature but reckon most people under 21 are still finding out who they're, I got with a 18 year old when I was 26 but she didn't act that age & would say she was probably more mature than me :-)

I remember him scoring a late, winning penalty for Middlesbro in front of the Atyeo then putting his finger to his lips in a mocking gesture which was completely unprovoked as he'd received no stick through the game -in fact, at the time, he was beginning to build his reputation as a bright young talent. I didn't appreciate the gesture at the time and have never appreciated him ever since (because I'm vindictive that way). However, I don't delight in hearing this news.

It sticks in my memory too. The man lacks class.

Surely that is all about context? Yes a 35 year old with a 17 year old is ikky, but two 17 year olds?

He sure got some stick that game. Was sat in the 'Family' section in the lower Dolman.

Certainly was a family section. Like father like son saying some things, along the lines of "you ******* ***** Johnson I'm going to kill you and your family", "Come into the stands, we'll see who's got the bottle then you****". "Why didn't you take that throwing you little squirmy dick head, taunt us one more time!".... Plus some worse things ;)

My mate went to his first game with me. I found it quite funny actually, as Johnson heard the abuse and acted in the best way, keeping his eyes only on the pitch and then going straight down the tunnel afterwards. My mate wasn't as amused though  :laughcont:

Back on topic... He doesn't yet deserve scrutiny for this until it's proven.

So let's see.

Surely that is all about context? Yes a 35 year old with a 17 year old is ikky, but two 17 year olds?

Yea you get what I was trying to say didn't word it very well should thought how I wrote it more before posting but hope people get what I was trying to say.

Archived