IGNORED

Matt Smith Back At Fulham

kiwicolin

• Admin

Pitman's scoring record per starting app. in a low chance producing City team, in the Championship, was good. 13 in 21 full appearances one season iirc - more than enough to show his potential and the likely rewards of persevering with him.

Neither Millen nor Del were good managers for him, taking him in and out of the team and often giving him a single appearance to make his mark then dropping him again. He became something of a whipping boy for both managers.

He was also competing with Maynard who, unlike Pitman, was permitted to go on long barren spells but retain his place so little wonder if Pitman's confidence and desire was diminished.

However it was always very clear he was an exceptional natural finisher and he's still showing that, now at the top end of the Championship.

One in the eye for so many on here who insisted he'd play all his football in the lower divisions after leaving City.

There's a real chance he'll be in the PL next season. If so, as such a natural finisher, no doubt at all he'll score his share of goals there too.

We all know you like him Noggers but you can't take off his sub appearances but keep the goals he scored whilst coming off the bench.

He either scored 13 in 39 appearances or 9 in 21 starts.

Remember going to mill wall away when we got beat 2-1.

never seen a team completely at a loss as to what they should be doing, 3-5-2 and lost.

Remember him taking both Woolford and Anderson off after 40 minutes and 2nd half we wer just as bad.

I remember that also. For me though the low point was the away game to Brighton a few months earlier where we lost 2:0. Players throwing their toys out of the pram, no effort, no desire. Nice seats and pies though!

maynard was not as good as pitman in terms of the range of his finishing ability and lost the plot mentally.

but nether mc clueless or brain dead millen could see that. they couldn't get bolasie in the side and look at him go now

shame we didn't have matt smith to play alongside pitman at the same time.

Pitman was very impressive in his first season here and then was pretty much frozen out.

Millen decided to put faith in Maynard, hoping he would be the same player as he was pre-injury, however that wasn't the case and we relied on someone with a stinking attitude, that proved to be Millen's downfall. His first season as manager we did pretty well, partly because of the Stead/Pitman partnership.

McInnes just didn't rate Pitman full-stop. I liked Del as a person and he showed glimpses of being a decent manager, but can't say him not rating Brett means much when the same person rated Jody Morris, Mark Wilson and Ricky Foster.

I'll always be a little sad about Brett not getting much of a chance at City. One of my favourite players to watch in a City shirt because of his natural finishing ability.

We all know you like him Noggers but you can't take off his sub appearances but keep the goals he scored whilst coming off the bench.

He either scored 13 in 39 appearances or 9 in 21 starts.

What should happen is the total time on the pitch as a sub be divided by 90 - i e if he made 9, 10 minute, sub appearance, divide by 90 and this equated to one match. Even this isn't really fair, as you can't expect a sub to get into the match the second he comes onto the pitch

Pitman's ability was never in doubt for me. The ridiculous McInnes inspired 8 1 1 was. The boy never stood a chance and neither did anyone else! Including Bolaise!!

Matt Smith is a bloody good striker in any league...Hopefully Symonds continues to be as clueless as McInnes and sells him to us.

Archived