IGNORED

Sexist Chanting

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

I trust that female supporters will be clamped down on as well under this initiative, whilst commenting on the players legs etc..?

They are professionals wearing their prescribed uniform and should not have to tolerate being viewed as objects of sexual desire whilst conducting their work.

So let me get this , for female assistance we shout and say we think you made a mistake there, were as with a male assistance we can say you are sh t ref you should have gone to spec savers Lino you tw t he was miles off side , there are some right useless idiots out there to day , but swearing under my breath . As I am getting on I need to know what to do in this new age. I have to say I have never sang get your breast out for the boys though I did smile when I first heard it. Does this make me a bad person.

FOR THE PC BRIGADE ON HERE..........

Genuine question, in your opinion is there any banter that's acceptable these days?

"Who ate all the pies".....?

Sheep references when playing Cardiff.....?

"Dirty Northern B's".....?

"Gypo".....?

Just wondering.

Genuine question, in your opinion is there any banter that's acceptable these days?

"Gypo".....?

Just wondering.

What it was a large traveller from North Wales?

"Gypo".....?

Just wondering.

Turn it round the other way for a moment. Are any of those funny or original? So why sing them?

Just wondering.

Turn it round the other way for a moment. Are any of those funny or original? So why sing them?

Just wondering.

Ahhh right..........

So as long as a chant is original and funny it will be OK and no-one will get upset.

I understand now. :blink:

I am very offended by some of  the Aden Flint comments on here from the ladies.

Point taken, so if he himself is offended I am prepared to meet him on a one to one basis and explain my reasoning and offer a personal apology..the other ladies will just have to form an orderly queue.

"Gypo".....?

Just wondering.

Is there any reason you didn't put any racial chanting in there? Since you're implying everything's fair game.

Is there any reason you didn't put any racial chanting in there? Since you're implying everything's fair game.

Yes there is a reason actually.

If I had mentioned a racial comment, this discussion would have taken a completely different direction and I would not have got the answers I was looking for.

Some things are unacceptable, and I get that, but it annoys the hell out of me that some people feel obliged to come down on every little thing that could possibly upset someone.

Take "mild" football banter for what it is.

So let me get this , for female assistance we shout and say we think you made a mistake there, were as with a male assistance we can say you are sh t ref you should have gone to spec savers Lino you tw t he was miles off side , there are some right useless idiots out there to day , but swearing under my breath . As I am getting on I need to know what to do in this new age. I have to say I have never sang get your breast out for the boys though I did smile when I first heard it. Does this make me a bad person.

No you have utterly missed the point. All those things you mentioned shouting at a male lino I don't think anyone would care if you shouted at a female one either, because they are nothing about them specifically just being a woman, or black, or gay, or whatever it is. I think it's more that we have hardly any female representation in the sport, these people try damn hard to get where they are, then have to endure each week a bunch of idiots shouting about their tits for 90 minutes. If an official regardless of their gender/race or whatever makes mistakes, then you kind of accept you will get some response from it from the crowd when you sign up for the job. Getting constant crap not because of anything you've done, but because you happened to be born a woman instead of a man is kind of stupid though isn't it when they are just trying to do their job.

Another genuine question, if I may.....

If the female lino came onto this forum and said "I heard the chants but they didn't bother me, actually I thought it was quite funny", would the PC brigade proceed to tell her why she should have been offended?

Point taken, so if he himself is offended I am prepared to meet him on a one to one basis and explain my reasoning and offer a personal apology..the other ladies will just have to form an orderly queue.

Oi you! You're married, I thought I got to go first :P

On a serious note, the only bit of abuse i've taken issue with recently is a bunch of teenagers when we had a female assistant ref running the line, they were shouting out that she was a lesbian.  I turned round at this point and asked them what was wrong with being a lesbian, at which point they shut up

Another genuine question, if I may.....

If the female lino came onto this forum and said "I heard the chants but they didn't bother me, actually I thought it was quite funny", would the PC brigade proceed to tell her why she should have been offended?

No, of course not, but also would that make the chants ok or right? Also no, of course not. Just like if there was racist chanting, and a person of that racial group came on here and said it didn't bother them. What's your point meant to be here exactly?

Oi you! You're married, I thought I got to go first :P

On a serious note, the only bit of abuse i've taken issue with recently is a bunch of teenagers when we had a female assistant ref running the line, they were shouting out that she was a lesbian.  I turned round at this point and asked them what was wrong with being a lesbian, at which point they shut up

Totall agree.    To be honest I've tried convincing many a girlfriend of the benefits of being a lesbian, or at least trying it.   But they never seem keen.

:P

Archived