IGNORED

Sexist Chanting

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

I'm pretty sure at a Sheffield Wednesday away match we had a female lines person and a large contingent of city supporters gave her quite a bit of attention. But I think anyone one that stands out gets a winding up from the fans and many groups could be offended, a bit like in life really. If you've got long hair, overweight, ginger, female, got a name that can be changed to something rude, the list is endless. Thankfully it's been years since I've heard racist chanting mind.

If you're prepared to speak to someone personally the way you'd chant at them whilst hidden in the faceless mob then carry on chanting. If you aren't embarrassed by it then let no reasoned argument stand in your way.

On a personal note I'd much rather see a fit 30 something woman running the line than a fat balding 45 year old bloke. And I'm prepared to give a lino the same abuse male or female. It wouldn't involve sexism or racisim but might include references to weight and/or eyesight as appropriate (and since I'm overweight and practically blind without correction I like to feel I knew what I was talking about).

If you're prepared to speak to someone personally the way you'd chant at them whilst hidden in the faceless mob then carry on chanting. If you aren't embarrassed by it then let no reasoned argument stand in your way.

On a personal note I'd much rather see a fit 30 something woman running the line than a fat balding 45 year old bloke. And I'm prepared to give a lino the same abuse male or female. It wouldn't involve sexism or racisim but might include references to weight and/or eyesight as appropriate (and since I'm overweight and practically blind without correction I like to feel I knew what I was talking about).

Oi you fat blind ****

Get your tits out

Both disrespectful so what's the difference?

Oh come on....

That's completely different and you know it.

Is it? Why? You mean a young woman of say 20 should put up with aggressive obscene attention that a 15 year old shouldn't?

Get your head out of the sand. That's the polite version.

Is it? Why? You mean a young woman of say 20 should put up with aggressive obscene attention that a 15 year old shouldn't?

Get your head out of the sand. That's the polite version.

Stop it.

This thread is about chanting at a football match, not about child abuse.

I remember a few seasons ago being at Portsmouth where there was a young woman and her boyfriend in the adjacent stand. Choruses of "she's got chlamydia" rang out intermittently for a long period of time and were clearly directed at her personally. It was embarrassing and no doubt difficult for them. 

Mind you...the chant at West Ham about one of their rather generously proportioned fans being James Corden was funny... even better was the fact that he played along with it.

Stop it.

This thread is about chanting at a football match, not about child abuse.

So are you are saying it's abuse when directed at a child but after that, she's fair game?

How much abuse would you let your wife or girlfriend endure before doing something about it?

Just parking the moral issue for one second...Is "get yer.... s out" actually abuse or instead a cringeworthy form of compliment?

I would imagine there would need to be a modicum of attraction to prompt the response.

Possibly a chant involving the word "ugly" would be more damaging?

Just parking the moral issue for one second...Is "get yer.... s out" actually abuse or instead a cringeworthy form of compliment?

I would imagine there would need to be a modicum of attraction to prompt the response.

Possibly a chant involving the word "ugly" would be more damaging?

I'd hate to be in the car when you start parking  ;)

Archived