IGNORED

Sexist Chanting

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

Never said I agree with it. Just surprised how upset grown men get at stuff shouted at football. Been going on for years.

But the fact that it's "part and parcel" doesn't make it right, and if it's not challenged then it just continues - and we'd still be hearing things that were the norm in the past. It's only because people stood up and challenged those chants that things have changed.

And "grown men": yes, grown up white straight men certainly make up the majority at football - but don't you think if you're black, gay or a woman that you might be offended by some of the stuff that goes on - and does that mean that if you're black, gay or a woman you should stay at home?

Honestly reading this thread makes me want to cry.

Rightly or wrongly, abuse being shouted down the ground is part and parcel of footy. If you don't like it, or can't handle it, stay home.

Girl

;)

No, of course not, but also would that make the chants ok or right? Also no, of course not. Just like if there was racist chanting, and a person of that racial group came on here and said it didn't bother them. What's your point meant to be here exactly?

The point.......

Is that, if the said person isn't offended by whatever chant is aimed at them, why do some people feel obliged to jump onto the politically correct bandwagon and attempt to explain to all and sundry why the chant is/should be deemed as offensive?

I just think that sometimes these people can create an issue instead of solving one.

I agree totally with the FA attemp to get rid of sexiest chanting , I find some of the chants unpleasant and not needed, however there is a bit of hyprocisy going on here from some women.

Take for example the CoE of Mansfield Town, at 29 the model was given the job by her 45 year old owner of Mansfield who went on to marry her. She explotied her good looks and sex appeal with glamourous photo shots when when she got the job, and would she have got the job at that age with no exprience?

Also the physio at Chelsea as had some very sexy photos done and yet she moans when fans makes comment to her , I not justifying sexiest abuse aimed at her but if she release such photos you do portray yourself as a object of desire.

There is also the double standard it is now ok for (some) women who openly admit it to go football to just oggle players like Beckenham for example, imagine the outcry if men on this forum admitted they only go to watch the City Womens team because they fancy the striker.

The point.......

Is that, if the said person isn't offended by whatever chant is aimed at them, why do some people feel obliged to jump onto the politically correct bandwagon and attempt to explain to all and sundry why the chant is/should be deemed as offensive?

I just think that sometimes these people can create an issue instead of solving one.

I'm not offended by any of it, and it's up for women supporters to give us their take on it (which Dolly and Red M have) as it affects them, not us blokes.

I just think such chants are very tired and unimaginative. The "get your tits out" chant makes me think of Sid the Sexist - a comic strip parodying a sad loser. In other words it tells you more about the "chanter" than the object of their chant.

The point.......

Yeah I get that and I think you're right sometimes for sure with the creating an issue bit, and I certainly think political correctness can be taken to an unnecessary extreme sometimes - some people seem to go out of their way to be offended by anything. But whether that particular person is offended or not has no real bearing on whether it is "right" or not in a more general sense. I just personally think it's moronic for this person who has worked hard and has done nothing different from any male linesman, to get half cut guys shouting nonsense to her about her tits (or whatever) all game just because she happens to be a she - I'd think the same if it was anti black, or anti gay, or anti "whatever", and that's what I don't like hearing at football.

I don't go to the women's football because I don't fancy any of them. I also think men's football is superior in strength and quality.pre the age of 30 I had long ginger hair. On one occasion in school in front of the rest of the class I was asked by a female teacher what colour pubic hair I had and a debate ensued. I took it in the light hearted way in which it was intended. Nowadays, if the same thing happened and I walked out it would probably be on the front page of the tabloids and the teacher would've been hounded out of her job.

It has been mooted that redheads should be protected from degrading comments as happens with others due to the colour of their skin. But in all honesty, I much preferred knowing what people thought and using my wits to overcome them. I wouldn't like it if I thought people were only being pleasant to me because they feared breaking the law if they said what they really felt. It was a far more honest society back in the 1970s I knew the people who were prejudiced and if they verbally attacked me I was more than capable of dishing out retribution. At the end of the day I knew I was unique and that those who sought to down redheads were simply envious because they were part of the common herd. It is no coincidence that our greatest leaders have been redheads: Boudicca, Henry VIII, Elizabeth I and Winston Churchill. They were unique. Being picked on as something different makes one stronger. I fear for the liberty of England that laws are introduced to protect our sensitive souls.

BTW the only time I'm a redhead these days is if I sit out in the sun for more than 10 mins!

Another genuine question, if I may.....

If the female lino came onto this forum and said "I heard the chants but they didn't bother me, actually I thought it was quite funny", would the PC brigade proceed to tell her why she should have been offended?

What if it was your daughter?

What if it was your daughter?

I would hope that she would be like me, shrug it off and give some back.

Either way, I could relax knowing that you would be there, riding your white steed and coming to her rescue. (whether she needed rescuing or not.)

I would hope that she would be like me, shrug it off and give some back.

Either way, I could relax knowing that you would be there, riding your white steed and coming to her rescue. (whether she needed rescuing or not.)

If you didn't show any concern, why should I bother?

He has long hair. like Luke Ayling. Some men do. I did when I was in my early 20s.

This isn't the 1950s. Get over it!

First chant was mildly amusing, but it was declining returns thereafter.

That said, he did play like a pikey woman, so maybe twas fair enough...

I agree and just because suffers with repetitive strain syndrome for most of every season dosen't mean to say he is a secretary either.

I'm in no way condoning it but It's funny how these things are always highlighted in football.

I've heard similar stuff when the Darts is on and lets be honest, the scantily clad stage girls are there purely for the entertainment of (mostly) drunk men to lech at!!

I'm in no way condoning it but It's funny how these things are always highlighted in football.

I've heard similar stuff when the Darts is on and lets be honest, the scantily clad stage girls are there purely for the entertainment of (mostly) drunk men to lech at!!

yeah, but they are there to be leched at, and know it. That's not what a lino or medic are at sporting events for though

Archived