IGNORED

New Anthem Like Song Based Upon Cider Fao Robbored Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Come the day and come the hour
Come the power and the glory
We have come to answer
The City's call
For we all like drinking lots of cider

Cider, Cider
Together standing tall
Shoulder to shoulder
We'll answer Cider's call 

From the mighty Glens of Cheddar
From the rugged hills of Dundry
From the walls of Nailsea
And Bristol Way

Cider, Cider
Together standing tall
Shoulder to shoulder

Hearts of steel
And heads unbowing
Vowing never to be broken
We will fight, until
We can fight no more

Cider, Cider
Together standing tall
Shoulder to shoulder

Lyrics by WTTJ and a/some Irish bloke(s)/lass(es)

Music by the Pogues?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yet another "song" that will never be heard at either AG or Wembley.

I simply don't understand why people bother to make them up in the first place.

I only attempted in this instance because I was hoping you might enjoy it :grr:

So I must try harder.

To the tune of little drummer boy:

That lad Keiron Agard told Leeds to do one,

So he could sign for us and finish top of League One

I only attempted in this instance because I was hoping you might enjoy it :grr:

So I must try harder.

To the tune of little drummer boy:

That lad Keiron Agard told Leeds to do one,

So he could sign for us and finish top of League One

If you want fans to enjoy it don't bother to post it on here. Although this is a lively forum, in fact it's users are a small percentage of the whole City fan base. Very few City actually know of this site let alone use it.

The best way to introduce a new song/chant is to involve your mates and train them to sing it during a game at AG. Keep it as simple as possible with a well know tune. Maybe then just maybe it just might catch on.

If you want fans to enjoy it don't bother to post it on here. Although this is a lively forum, in fact it's users are a small percentage of the whole City fan base. Very few City actually know of this site let alone use it.

The best way to introduce a new song/chant is to involve your mates and train them to sing it during a game at AG. Keep it as simple as possible with a well know tune. Maybe then just maybe it just might catch on.

I don't painstakingly spend hours composing lyrical wonders around a well known tune for the benefit of other fans (sorry guys, I'm not Mr N*Sync and I can be a *****) - I do it because I want to be the first to either be approved by you or not send you to the land of z's.

I don't painstakingly spend hours composing lyrical wonders around a well known tune for the benefit of other fans (sorry guys, I'm not Mr N*Sync and I can be a *****) - I do it because I want to be the first to either be approved by you or not send you to the land of z's.

Sorry Old Chap, beat you to it - he's approved of mine above

Sorry Old Chap, beat you to it - he's approved of mine above

Great, I can't off myself because I'm not 27. Purgatory it is then. Actually purgatory is not bad; not good, but so so.

We don't have any half time entertainment at matches any more, so here's a suggestion. The worst song contest. At each match a supporter could sing his / her new song, with Robbored as the judge, giving marks out of 100. At the final match we could have a sing-off between the two highest scoring songs (assuming Robbored gives anyone a score of greater than zero).

The only thing 'approved' on OTIB are the schools which most of the posters  attended.

It's (Ireland's call) a pretty shite anthem, but at least it isn't as bad the terrible Clive Woodward instigated Lions anthem.

Robbo is a gashead

He drives a gashead bus

He really likes to fish

And winds up all of us

He really hates the Johnsons

He wishes they were dead

But when he saw our Gary

He shat himself instead

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Just spent five minutes giggling at this like a moron. Thanks.

Archived