IGNORED

Aerial Shots Of Redevelopment

BRISTOL86

When you look at the 2nd photo it really does give a good idea how much space there will be, from the front of the Atyeo to the end of the houses behind, that could be developed.

I got this image of google showing the width between the Atyeo and the houses. If you build up to the first yellow line you could still build quite a big stand, obviously not as big as the new south stand though. And no, people don't have the right to natural daylight. That is what I have been told.

ag4_zpsrrkzcfmj.jpg

I got this image of google showing the width between the Atyeo and the houses. If you build up to the first yellow line you could still build quite a big stand, obviously not as big as the new south stand though. And no, people don't have the right to natural daylight. That is what I have been told.

ag4_zpsrrkzcfmj.jpg

Sorry, when I say end, I mean their end in relation to the start of the Atyeo.

You know, like if something was built ontop of them.......

Excellent thanks for that.

Should get some good shots from the balloon fiesta in a few months too

Very limited opportunities to fly so far this year, but hopefully in the next few weeks some will be up especially with the clocks changing in a couple of weeks. I will request some photos.

Sorry, when I say end, I mean their end in relation to the start of the Atyeo.

You know, like if something was built ontop of them.......

Yeah I understood first time, I am just showing what width there is at present. I can't ever see us building on top of them but it is a good idea.

Yeah I understood first time, I am just showing what width there is at present. I can't ever see us building on top of them but it is a good idea.

But what if they were all owned ready to be converted?

Between that area and the Dugout/Community Shed thing you're almost looking at a mini Chelsea village type potential.  On a smaller scale, didn't Norwich build a big hotel behind a stand?

ag4_zpsrrkzcfmj.jpg

When did that change then?

It Is what a friend of mine Bob the builder and someone else who works in local authority told me. Perhaps you could explain a bit more of this to me so if they are wrong I can't them right on this issue.

It hasn't.

Prescription Act 1832. Easement. Basically if light has been uninterupted on a property for (I believe) 20+ years you cannot then go building giant buildings casting shadows where once there was light.

With the Atyeo being to the south of the houses there would be huge shadows if it was higher. Its the reason its already cut off at the Williams side.

http://lawcommission.justice.gov.uk/areas/rights-to-light.htm

The south stand can build closer to its houses due to it being to the north of them.

For the Atyeo to be rebuilt higher the houses either have to go or the club would have to own them and consent to the stand (the council probably would still deny permission in that case.)

Tomarse is the man with the drone. He's had some issues with it, but hopefully he'll have it airborne soon.

Weather is getting better so might try and get it airborne. I haven't tried it since the complete resell and gps replacement! Unfortunately there are regs limiting to where you can fly it in proximity of houses etc so it's quite tricky. I can however go quite high up from the park across like last time..

I haven't really picked this up before, will the new Dolman turnstyles be at either end of the stand like before, or will they be dotted along the back of the Dolman stand?

There will be a turnstile booth at the atyeo end of the dolman or you can enter through the south stand stand turnstile booths and walk through the concourse

It hasn't.

Prescription Act 1832. Easement. Basically if light has been uninterupted on a property for (I believe) 20+ years you cannot then go building giant buildings casting shadows where once there was light.

With the Atyeo being to the south of the houses there would be huge shadows if it was higher. Its the reason its already cut off at the Williams side.

The south stand can build closer to its houses due to it being to the north of them.

For the Atyeo to be rebuilt higher the houses either have to go or the club would have to own them and consent to the stand (the council probably would still deny permission in that case.)

Thanks for that. 

It hasn't.

That's how I've always understood it. Basically, you can't go nickin' other peoples light!

It hasn't.

Not to mention overbearing impact and loss of light are considered at the planning application stage so it's unlikely consent would even be granted for a larger stand.

27k will be fine for us for a while. Encouraging to hear on Monday that Griffiths is deadly serious about selling out every week once the redevelopment is complete. Absolutely what they should be aiming for, even if it means a cheaper pricing policy.

Archived