IGNORED

Aerial Shots Of Redevelopment

BRISTOL86

I got this image of google showing the width between the Atyeo and the houses. If you build up to the first yellow line you could still build quite a big stand, obviously not as big as the new south stand though. And no, people don't have the right to natural daylight. That is what I have been told.

ag4_zpsrrkzcfmj.jpg

Wow!! You speak about "those" people as if they are just an inconvenience to the possibility of a bigger Atyeo. What ******g pig ignorance. These people are in fact families, some of whom have lived in these houses for generations. Your comparison of the potential better view for your football verses the quality of these families lives is seriously flawed!

Thought you guys might be interested in a couple of aerial shots I managed to get of AG today, really gives a sense of scale of the redevelopment!

3ddcaa3d04c20b37332ef4aeb5d8a8cb.png

8ee633e1e654a9229651893f7879b70c.png

Thanks very much for putting them up looking rather good can't wait til it's all completed going have a great stadium which is well over due imo.

Great shots thanks.

Despite some on here saying Barr are behind schedule, looking at these photos (to be confirmed tomorrow with my own eyes) I am confident that the new South Stand will be ready for next season. 

Incidentally, I am sure this has been discussed before but how come the old "East End" is now to be called the South Stand. Which will probably eventually be called something else.

Was there a shift in the compass since the Wedlock came down ?

Great shots thanks.

Despite some on here saying Barr are behind schedule, looking at these photos (to be confirmed tomorrow with my own eyes) I am confident that the new South Stand will be ready for next season. 

Incidentally, I am sure this has been discussed before but how come the old "East End" is now to be called the South Stand. Which will probably eventually be called something else.

Was there a shift in the compass since the Wedlock came down ?

No, but there might have been one when the Dolman Stand was originally called the new "North Stand " .

Wow!! You speak about "those" people as if they are just an inconvenience to the possibility of a bigger Atyeo. What ******g pig ignorance. These people are in fact families, some of whom have lived in these houses for generations. Your comparison of the potential better view for your football verses the quality of these families lives is seriously flawed!

My apologies. Was just stating the facts (which were wrong anyway), thankfully someone updated me on the new rules. I post to have an open discussion and to learn what is what from other peoples insights and knowledge.

Thought you guys might be interested in a couple of aerial shots I managed to get of AG today, really gives a sense of scale of the redevelopment!

Amazing pics. Thanks. I must say that the new build makes the old look very tired. And the Atyeo I'm afraid to say is quite a sad looking building in comparison

My apologies. Was just stating the facts (which were wrong anyway), thankfully someone updated me on the new rules. I post to have an open discussion and to learn what is what from other peoples insights and knowledge.

VERY big of you. Well done!

To allow a bigger expansion of the atyeo, could they not build an underground car park for players cars and team coaches? All that space behind the atyeo could then be built on with a concourse running behind it for fan access. Coach entry would literally be in one end, out the other. Would come at a cost, but would definately give our stadium something different

The Atyeo will be fine as it is for away fans, once Williams developed.

Bristol City is a community club, a club build around people's homes, businesses, livelihoods e.t.c

The area has spirit. I for one wouldn't want a soulless stadium built on the ass end of town on a retail park.

I also would be against bulldozing a Terrace of attractive victorian houses.

This isn't Monopoly

I also would be against bulldozing a Terrace of attractive victorian houses.

This isn't Monopoly

If the price is right and the owners of the houses are happy then why not? We could continue the two tiered Williams around and we would have a hell of a stadium on our hands.. Lets show some ambition FFS.

If the price is right and the owners of the houses are happy then why not? We could continue the two tiered Williams around and we would have a hell of a stadium on our hands.. Lets show some ambition FFS.

You might need a spare 15k fans to find for that ambition you are on about!

the Ateyo really is a terrible stand all things considered, clearly the club was broke at the time of construction because it is about as unambitious as you can get.

Looks like it should be dismantled and trucked over to the Hand Stadium to match their 'Grandstand' !

People talking about bulldozing down these houses because our 27K stadium won't be big enough and we need "moar" capacity! Ha

After completing our first or second season back in the Prem we will reflect on the fact that we are filling AG every week. At that point I predict the Atyeo redevelopment might be back on the agenda. Until then you are right, 27k will be enough.

To allow a bigger expansion of the atyeo, could they not build an underground car park for players cars and team coaches? All that space behind the atyeo could then be built on with a concourse running behind it for fan access. Coach entry would literally be in one end, out the other. Would come at a cost, but would definately give our stadium something different

When the Williams is rebuilt the dressing rooms will be there not the Atyeo, but I agree that something needs to be done about on site parking. Most / all parking behind the current Williams will go due to the increased size of the new stand. A multi storey car park on the site of the existing main car park has been suggested before, which seems sensible.

When the Williams is rebuilt the dressing rooms will be there not the Atyeo, but I agree that something needs to be done about on site parking. Most / all parking behind the current Williams will go due to the increased size of the new stand. A multi storey car park on the site of the existing main car park has been suggested before, which seems sensible.

An understory car park would be much nicer as there are no space restrictions and it wouldn't create an eyesore. Also allow space on top to be solely for stadium

Can we come to a solution where we share the land with the house owners, where they live in the stands on non matchdays or they could re-build the houses on top of the stands?

Why not ask them to move into the trees opposite, people have been fighting in Bristol recently against eviction from their tree houses. The ones in the park are far more substantial than those at Stapleton and would allow a more robust shanty type town construction to be erected. This would release the land which is currently used for those old houses, for expansion of our stadium and we could always offer free use of the showers when we're not playing.

An understory car park would be much nicer as there are no space restrictions and it wouldn't create an eyesore. Also allow space on top to be solely for stadium

Think you might find it would turn into an underground swimming pool pretty rapidly. The idea of going upwards ain't viable either, the unit cost of raised parking spaces is mega unless you're doing it at a grand scale.

Think you might find it would turn into an underground swimming pool pretty rapidly. The idea of going upwards ain't viable either, the unit cost of raised parking spaces is mega unless you're doing it at a grand scale.

The council don't seem to want to invest in anything related to car parking, as they are doing their utmost to stem any use of the private car what so ever, so there won't be one behind the new stand. The club won't shell out for parking either, so unless it affects attendances, there won't be a cat in hells chance of a multi storey car park which would have to be massive to make any impression at all. Cabot circus holds 2,000 cars (I think)and we'd need one at least that size to make any difference. The best solution is to utilize all the park and ride sites available. As First group run these, they won't offer any solutions unless there's a fat profit for them in it, such as fining parked cars that overstay their allotted time. We'll just have to walk a bit further.

The council don't seem to want to invest in anything related to car parking, as they are doing their utmost to stem any use of the private car what so ever, so there won't be one behind the new stand. The club won't shell out for parking either, so unless it affects attendances, there won't be a cat in hells chance of a multi storey car park which would have to be massive to make any impression at all. Cabot circus holds 2,000 cars (I think)and we'd need one at least that size to make any difference. The best solution is to utilize all the park and ride sites available. As First group run these, they won't offer any solutions unless there's a fat profit for them in it, such as fining parked cars that overstay their allotted time. We'll just have to walk a bit further.

i must admit,if i wasnt getting a lift i would hop on the bus from nailsea. stops closer than i can park and no worries about time restrictions etc. was at the kfc today having a good look at the structure, it is impressive, more so with more time to stop and look properly.

Frankly, I think the lack of parking is affecting attendances already. The Club really need to sort a parking strategy out. The park and ride option has to be up there. Blimey, it's only 10 mins walking distance away.

The guy who owns the last property to be sold could make a right killing...

Frankly, I think the lack of parking is affecting attendances already. The Club really need to sort a parking strategy out. The park and ride option has to be up there. Blimey, it's only 10 mins walking distance away.

You're correct, parking is already a problem but I've not heard anyone I know state that they don't attend because of it. More like, shit football, too dear or some other lame excuse not to bother. The park and rides have to be available and viable and more private buses like (Abus) need to provide an option, as First group hardly have any services serving AG on a normal day let alone a matchday. I firmly believe the club should offer travel and entry packages to people from towns such as Weston, Bridgwater, Taunton, Norton Radstock, Bath, Thornbury, Street, Glastonbury, and many others. It only takes a deal with the travel companies for a travel discount to make it attractive.

Archived