IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Gillingham Match Day Thread

I wonder where you read that, Noggers?

I believe it's part of the Garden of England. Somewhere in the vicinity of the compost heap, I'm told.

Confession time - I'm actually from Kent. One of the nice bits. However, Gillingham is indeed the compost heap. At least all the cr@ppy places are clumped together (Gillingham, Chatham - original home of the Chav, Rainham, etc).

I live in Kent so Ill guess ill fill in.....

If you think of Kent (The Garden of England) as a giant shoe.....flip that over and Gillingham would the s*** on the bottom of that shoe. In a town that mostly reflects Kosovo, the only highlights are the quite nice ground, and the McDonalds for a pre game munch. That's it, that's what's there

Kosovo is actually beautiful and a country I have worked in a lot. I know you think you're being funny but you're being too kind to Gillingham ;).

The other football league club from that county in the last thirty years being...

Actually Charlton Athletic are affiliated to the Kent FA (eg play in the Kent senior cup). Became part fo London in 1855.

But we don't like them either :)

I do like this Wikipedia entry: It is formed from Old English 'ceorl' and 't?n' and means 'farmstead of the freemen or peasants'.

Actually Charlton Athletic are affiliated to the Kent FA (eg play in the Kent senior cup). Became part fo London in 1855.

But we don't like them either :)

I do like this Wikipedia entry: It is formed from Old English 'ceorl' and 't?n' and means 'farmstead of the freemen or peasants'.

Could be worse. Could be Queen Charlton ;)

Queen Charlton is a small village comprising 952 acres and about 100 inhabitants, located just south west of Keynsham in the West Country.  It was named after Catherine Parr who was given the manor by her husband, King Henry VIII.