IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Gillingham Match Day Thread

Tuesday

Us at home to Crewe

Preston home to a resurgent Peterborough

Swindon away to Doncaster

Ours looks the easiest. Win there and we are almost there.

A point more than MK and Swindon got against them recently. Not great, but a win on Tuesday and we are still very much on track.

Edited by cityexile

Swindon fan on their forum claiming winning their game in hand, beating us and then Preston beating us would put them 4 behind us. Optimistic of them, crazy to think even in that scenario we would be ahead by more than 3 points! Incredibly frustrating not to win today and it's only natural to feel a little bit down, I'm just glad we have a quick turnaround with the game Tuesday! Onto the next one COYR!

Edited by ollywhyte
  • Like 1

This Vale fan seems to have it right about our 6 toed Wiltshire friends... Shame they lost.

'Swindon are one of the few clubs I find completely charmless, maybe it's because we don't have a great record against them but most likely it's because I can't think of a single redeeming feature they have; they always come across as collectively arrogant, their fans always seem to fancy themselves even though they have little cause to, their current manager is a highly irritating pompous big head who is consistently condescending towards all other L1 sides when interviewed and it's a completely unfriendly place to visit irrespective of if you go there as a football fan or not. That's why I'd love to beat them or at the very least not lose to them.'

Edited by Dark Wood Covert
  • Like 1

Swindon fan on their forum claiming winning their game in hand, beating us and then Preston beating us would put them 4 behind us. Optimistic of them, crazy to think even in that scenario we would be ahead by more than 3 points! Incredibly frustrating not to win today and it's only natural to feel a little bit down, I'm just glad we have a quick turnaround with the game Tuesday! Onto the next one COYR!

Anything is possible I suppose, but whose position would they rather be in? If they had not got stuffed by Gills recently they would be a lot closer.

Only thing that has really changed today is that it is looking much harder for MK now to catch Preston. Starting to look like they are out of the autos. All we can do now is focus on Tuesday.

This Vale fan seems to have it right about our 6 toed Wiltshire friends... Shame they lost.

'Swindon are one of the few clubs I find completely charmless, maybe it's because we don't have a great record against them but most likely it's because I can't think of a single redeeming feature they have; they always come across as collectively arrogant, their fans always seem to fancy themselves even though they have little cause to, their current manager is a highly irritating pompous big head who is consistently condescending towards all other L1 sides when interviewed and it's a completely unfriendly place to visit irrespective of if you go there as a football fan or not. That's why I'd love to beat them or at the very least not lose to them.'

Add them to the ever growing list.

Wouldn't disagree with a word of that.

Just got to take it in the round. Maybe fortunate to sneak it against Rochdale, maybe on another day we would have snuck it today. 4 points is was it is, pretty decent.

Radio made a lot of two penalty shouts. Any views from those there?

Win on Tuesday, only then eight to go.