IGNORED

Jet

TomBCFCUK

i'm pretty sure agard would score more than jet if they both played in the same team, every game for a season.  they are completely different players and can't really be judged as to who is better than the other.  playing one or the other changes how the whole team has to set up which can lead to problems in itself.  it would be a great thing to have the two of them available when we kick off in the championship next season, that's for sure.

I don't think Agard was poor. I think too many people just don't understand his role or his work rate.

I think everyone can acknowledge his work rate is impressive and his movement can stretch sides. Apart from scoring goals what else is his "role"?He's been a little disappointing for us. You can't say it's because people dont understand his "role" unfortunately.

I have nothing against Agard and appreciate the work he puts in for the team but I would have JET in my starting eleven as much as possible. I was saying it for the first few months of the season even when we were still winning most games - what JET brings to the side is invaluable at this level.

He makes the game so enjoyable to watch.

I have nothing against Agard and appreciate the work he puts in for the team but I would have JET in my starting eleven as much as possible. I was saying it for the first few months of the season even when we were still winning most games - what JET brings to the side is invaluable at this level.

He makes the game so enjoyable to watch.

100% agree fella. JET is class. I personally find skill more entertaining rather than a trier who runs all day yet struggles to control the ball. Each to their own though.

TBH- it actually pisses me off the way SC "uses" Jet. I appreciate that Agard has to be match fit but now he is , how come Jet still warms the bench when clearly Agard wasn't as sharp as he can be? And as for Wembley- as Jet has played every JPT- surely he should start? Fair play to SC in that he has got Jet leaner and fitter and more hungry than at any time during his stay at BCFC but what more has the the guy gotta do?

Cotts out.

There was talk that he was shattered added with a poor performance at Colchester as the reasons he was dropped. After that we won 4 on the bounce so probably a "if aint broke" mentality from cotts.

Would like to see JET and wilbs start Tuesday.

Nobody emerged from the first half at Colchester with much credit - particularly one or two defenders. If Jet had an off game, so what, most players do now and again and he was far from alone.

As for 'talk of Jet being shattered', I hadn't heard that, but a couple of games off should have rectified that and, after 6 games on the bench, he's certainly had plenty of rest by now.

It does seem that for whatever reason Cotts. was determined to get Agard back in the side asap., and some might say he's now showing more loyalty to Agard (1 goal, and little threat, in those 6 games) than he has done to Jet. If he's concerned about keeping Agard's confidence up by not dropping him, what about the effect on Jet's confidence after being benched for 6 games after 1 poor performance?

It may be there's nothing more to this than clever squad rotation by Cotts. with the aim of unleashing an extremely revitalised Jet on L1 for the run in, and I hope that does indeed prove to be the case by his early reintroduction.

Bit off the thread topic but as Garner has been brought up..

If we had Preston's strikers we would be up by now! In absolute agreement that if they don't go up (unlikely IMO) we must go in for Garner but we would have done competition, loads of championship clubs would be after him

garner has been absolute carp in the championship in past seasons

I've never really got this 'workrate' thing. If Cotts picked me I'd work hard and run all day for the team. But Gillinghams defence also worked hard and was strong and organised.

What JET brought was some skill and some guile. And it was only then that we started to look like we'd score.

I've never really got this 'workrate' thing. If Cotts picked me I'd work hard and run all day for the team. But Gillinghams defence also worked hard and was strong and organised.

What JET brought was some skill and some guile. And it was only then that we started to look like we'd score.

If it was based on work rate alone Waggy would be in the team every week. You do need some quality though. Thankfully we have a lot of it in the side this season. I agree though, don't buy this "work rate" rubbish though. I personally find it so frustrating when a player runs or works his socks off all game but then struggles to complete a basic task like controlling or passing the ball.

If it was based on work rate alone Waggy would be in the team every week. You do need some quality though. Thankfully we have a lot of it in the side this season. I agree though, don't buy this "work rate" rubbish though. I personally find it so frustrating when a player runs or works his socks off all game but then struggles to complete a basic task like controlling or passing the ball.

So why is Jon Stead so universally loved on here then? He ran around a lot, his work rate was second to none but at best his goal scoring record was 1 in 3. Keiran's is near 1 in 2.

So why is Jon Stead so universally loved on here then? He ran around a lot, his work rate was second to none but at best his goal scoring record was 1 in 3. Keiran's is near 1 in 2.

Stead was a very intelligent player. I personally think he should have scored more but his link up play and touch was exceptional. Let's not forget Stead was part of a side that was getting beaten most weeks at Championship level and often looked like he was one of the few who cared. He wasn't really universally loved until his work rate and run of goals coincided with us surviving in Del's first season. He was pretty anonymous before that.

Both very different players in very different situations. It's difficult to compare Stead and Agard when the latter is playing at a level below in a side firing on all cylinders. 

O'Driscolls problem was trying to build a team around JET. It was ifJET performed.

No.

O'Driscoll had a lot of problems. Some down to him some inherited. JET was not one of them.  

Inherited problems

Experienced players who contributed little but took up the majority of the budget for player's wages.  Elliott, Pearson, Kilkenny, Fontaine.  Those 4 were probably paid more than all our summer signings this season.  Not SO'D's fault. He had little leeway in terms of signings. He did sign Pack, JET, Williams, Fielding and Flint however.  His failed signings (Harewood and Shorey) were on short term contracts.  He left little that prevented SC from succeeding. You can't say the same of McInnes certainly.

Problems of his own making

His PR. His lack of energy.  His insistence that results were secondary. His lack of results.

From Cotts point of view, he took over at the perfect time.  We had bottomed out and he knew he would keep us up, have a good look at what we needed and the league itself and he knew that he would have a lot of leeway in the summer  to sort us out which he did.  Fair play to him, he's a top manager.

No.

O'Driscoll had a lot of problems. Some down to him some inherited. JET was not one of them.

Inherited problems

Experienced players who contributed little but took up the majority of the budget for player's wages. Elliott, Pearson, Kilkenny, Fontaine. Those 4 were probably paid more than all our summer signings this season. Not SO'D's fault. He had little leeway in terms of signings. He did sign Pack, JET, Williams, Fielding and Flint however. His failed signings (Harewood and Shorey) were on short term contracts. He left little that prevented SC from succeeding. You can't say the same of McInnes certainly.

Problems of his own making

His PR. His lack of energy. His insistence that results were secondary. His lack of results.

From Cotts point of view, he took over at the perfect time. We had bottomed out and he knew he would keep us up, have a good look at what we needed and the league itself and he knew that he would have a lot of leeway in the summer to sort us out which he did. Fair play to him, he's a top manager.

Bang on. SOD certainly left us in a better place then McWinless did.

Leaving aside the division we ended up in.

But that's me concentrating on the results when I should be thinking about the performance.

Which were the most god-awful I can recall under any manager ever.

Only 7 in 37 last season, 13 this time round in a side that creates a shed load of chances. Don't get me wrong I think he's decent but no more than that, just an average Championship striker.

19 goals in 32 apps the season before that; I know stats don't tell the whole story but I just think he is a natural gaolscorer - not alot else to his game but sometimes that is just what a team is crying out for...a guy who is in the right place in the box

mcwinless left us bottom of the championship

Sod left us bottom of league 1

in old money that means mcwinless left us in a better postion, he also didn't break the record of longest period without a win SoD managed that one all by himself

Archived