IGNORED

Jet

TomBCFCUK

a lot of people say if it wasn't for JET then we'd have been relegated last year. That's probably correct if you took away the goals here scored. But anyone on here that went to crewe away last season will back me up here by confirming that JET was terrible. He did nothing. A fat sunday league player would have put in more effort. It was embarrassing and unbelievable to watch. He missed a 1 on 1 in the first minute and it was like he decided that it wasn't going to be his day so gave up. He litterally did nothing other than give the ball away after that. The other 9 outfield players had to do the work of 10 and we lost 1-0. Now that's just 1 away game. How many other times has his happened and we've not witnessed it because it was away etc. I also remember that the very next game was home to Brentford on a Tuesday night and he was equally as poor. It's alright saying yeah but he scores goals, how many more points did we drop through the team having to do his work too? There's no doubt he is technically fantastic and if he had agards enthusiasm, energy and effort levels he'd be probably be playing in the champions league. He's the sort of player you want in your team when you are 2-0 up but he's best used as a impact player from the bench in the tougher games. I'd offer him a new contract for next year but he'd need to understand that he wouldn't be first choice in the championship. We can't afford to carry players in that league

Dziekanowski used to do this in nearly every away game yet according to most on here he was some sort of hero.

a lot of people say if it wasn't for JET then we'd have been relegated last year. That's probably correct if you took away the goals here scored. But anyone on here that went to crewe away last season will back me up here by confirming that JET was terrible. He did nothing. A fat sunday league player would have put in more effort. It was embarrassing and unbelievable to watch. He missed a 1 on 1 in the first minute and it was like he decided that it wasn't going to be his day so gave up. He litterally did nothing other than give the ball away after that. The other 9 outfield players had to do the work of 10 and we lost 1-0. Now that's just 1 away game. How many other times has his happened and we've not witnessed it because it was away etc. I also remember that the very next game was home to Brentford on a Tuesday night and he was equally as poor. It's alright saying yeah but he scores goals, how many more points did we drop through the team having to do his work too? There's no doubt he is technically fantastic and if he had agards enthusiasm, energy and effort levels he'd be probably be playing in the champions league. He's the sort of player you want in your team when you are 2-0 up but he's best used as a impact player from the bench in the tougher games. I'd offer him a new contract for next year but he'd need to understand that he wouldn't be first choice in the championship. We can't afford to carry players in that league

I assume you weren't at Peterborough away last season? El-Abd sent off after 20 mins. JET lead the line on his own and worked his socks off that night. Not at Gillingham this season either? JET ran the show....and worked his socks off. Plenty of away games last season and this where JET has put a shift in. I don't think anyone can deny that under SC his work off the ball is a lot better from last season.

I think your summary of Crewe away last year is a little exaggerated. Not his finest day but this theory of dropping points because of other players having to do "his work" is nonsense. How many points did we lose last season because of El-Abd's defensive howlers? Or Goalkeeping errors? Even missed chances from Baldock? It's very easy to be wise after the event but that's not even a valid point. Amazing that you are trying to single out JET for a possible cause of lost points last season.

We all know he's not the hardest working player but every player is different. I am interested to know, all of the anti JET brigade who moan about his "work rate" never actually suggest what he should be doing to make up for this apparent lack of effort? 

Dziekanowski used to do this in nearly every away game yet according to most on here he was some sort of hero.

'Nearly every away game'? Well I suppose if you saw all of his appearances away from home you can make a statement like that but that isn't true of the away games I saw him play - what about Leicester City away in the FA Cup? He was out of this world and 'on another planet' according to Motty on the MOTD coverage.

Archived