IGNORED

Dolman Early Leavers......

42nite

Iknow, I know, it's been done to death, but tonight was probably the worst it's been. 

God knows what the Crewe few must have thought!

Fair play Atyeo....."Is there a fire drill"  Classic!

Roll on next season, that'll sort you out!

Yes, it's been done to death.

I'm a ST holder in the Dullmoan and never leave early. It's far worse to get out of at the moment with the temp staircases. I noted as I was finally down at ground level and shuffling out that the rest of the stadium was completely empty. God knows what it would have been like if not for the early leavers.

It's becoming more irritating people moaning about it, than the actual early leaving.

Who gives a flying f uck what the Crewe few think?

Iknow, I know, it's been done to death, but tonight was probably the worst it's been. 

Sat in the Dolman on saturday to be with friends as I'd been abandoned by the usual suspects and I spent the last 10 ish minutes stood in my seat trying to see. I know that stand is a pain to get out of but that was just silly. And no it is none of my business when you leave but if your stood in my way you make it my business. I insist you all crawl out in future. And yes I sand is there a firedrill today because you annoyed me on Saturday  

After going to Twickenham to see the egg chasers Saturday (free tickets) I'll not moan. Hardly saw any of the game due to people walking in and out with trays of beer. Not a rugby fan but still annoying. 85 quid a ticket, at least bloody watch it.

It was about every 3 mins...

You know , I reckon a fire drill would get the stand shut with the time it takes to get out now, with those three, poss four randomly placed bunch of useless metal steps. If it went up half of us would be nicely charred before we got anywhere near them. I don't blame anyone who wants to get home before 4am for leaving early.

As someone who sits in the Dolman, I never leave early myself but I do understand why those that choose to leave 5 mins or so before the end do so. Getting out while the rest of the stands are being swept up is pretty frustrating.

As someone who sits in the Dolman, I never leave early myself but I do understand why those that choose to leave 5 mins or so before the end do so. Getting out while the rest of the stands are being swept up is pretty frustrating.

Remember the days when away fans were still locked in the pens until 30-45 mins after the match, that was frustrating!

Yes, it's been done to death.

I'm a ST holder in the Dullmoan and never leave early. It's far worse to get out of at the moment with the temp staircases. I noted as I was finally down at ground level and shuffling out that the rest of the stadium was completely empty. God knows what it would have been like if not for the early leavers.

It's becoming more irritating people moaning about it, than the actual early leaving.

Who gives a flying f uck what the Crewe few think?

I actually agree with you Rog. I've sat there now for over 14 years and it's never changed always been a nause to get out but also had the big path bit down the bottom where people (and myself at times) have used as a half way out point. Not often but have done. It's not the fault of the people in the stand (which do tend to have a proportion of our older fans dwell) that the opportunity to duck out early arises because its easier. It's certainly the hardest to get out of as a general rule (have been shuffling out in the past where rest of ground is empty many times). Others don't sur there so many have no.clue. Christ pay more to sit there compared to others as well.

I had my first trip to AG last month, and sat in the Dolman. I've never been one to leave early, so we waited until the end to go. And then we walked briskly back to Temple Meads, only to miss the last train to Paddington by less than a minute (the doors were closing just as we ran up the stairs onto the platform). So yeah, didn't get back to London until 7am. 

I had my first trip to AG last month, and sat in the Dolman. I've never been one to leave early, so we waited until the end to go. And then we walked briskly back to Temple Meads, only to miss the last train to Paddington by less than a minute (the doors were closing just as we ran up the stairs onto the platform). So yeah, didn't get back to London until 7am. 

Yep I live in Tetbury and I'm not out of the ground yet. 

After going to Twickenham to see the egg chasers Saturday (free tickets) I'll not moan. Hardly saw any of the game due to people walking in and out with trays of beer. Not a rugby fan but still annoying. 85 quid a ticket, at least bloody watch it.

It was about every 3 mins...

If my experience at the Hull game is anything to go by, it'll be the same at Wembley on Sunday

I can understand that from other areas of the stadium it seems ridiculous but if i leave on 86/87 mins I will get back to London at 11.30 and if i wait until the final whistle and clap the players off it will be 12/12.10. 30-40 minutes is a big difference when you are travelling 120 miles and have work in the morning. Getting out is a complete nightmare and it is understandable that when the game is over (which it was tonight) people avoid the jam at the end.

:facepalm:  How may times now? Let people watch and support City how they want. If they need to leave early so be it, other City fans shouldn't criticise them for it. I've sat in the Dolman plenty, it takes ages to get out of, leaving 5 mins early max used to be the difference between me getting back to uni in about 30 mins or over 2 hours.

I stayed in the ground as long as I could as I had a lift from outside the bogs on Ashton Road at 10:30. Cheeky bastard stewards 'moved me on' so you just can't win!

On a serious note, what people do and the decisions they make (so long as they don't adversely affect me), I do not give a crap about.

I can not get my head around the mentality of people who **** off early (unless they have a neccesity to do so) but then I can not get my head around the mentality of people who go to football and sit in complete silence for 90 minutes.

That I do not understand it, does not mean I do not respect their right to do it or them as people.

I just do not understand it.

Fair play Atyeo....."Is there a fire drill" Classic!

No. **** off the Atyeo. Direct your chants at the opposition, not at your fellow reds.

If you sat in the Dolman you'd know the temporary stairways mean it takes a bloody sight longer to get out than it does in other stands. I mean a seriously long delay. Saturday before last, it took me 15 plus minutes to get out of the row of seats I was in. The club, in its wisdom, has not provided steps in front of any of the central three blocks.

Now I stay until the end, but if you have public transport to catch, a pub or some other meet up to get to, a night shift to work or maybe you just want to get back to your wife/girlfriend in plentiful time then I understand why you might leave 120 seconds before the end of a comfortable 3-0 win.

So yeah. **** you Atyeo stand. Try directing sarcasm at the opposition. Or maybe reflect on how you make about as much noise as a colony of mute swans with tonsilitis.

Oh dear, superfan alert!

Get a life you loser

Abusive Comments

Members may not use OTIB to abuse any other member of the forum. If a member does abuse another member then they will be issued with a warning, along with details of why they have been warned. If a member persistently repeats the offence, this will result in a permanent ban (see 'Warning Procedure' below).

"Attack the post, not the poster."

Who cares if they leave early.. They pay the ticket prices so up to them when they leave, we just get to laugh at them when they miss last minute goals, i wonder how many missed Burns' goals against Chesterfield early in the season?

Let them get on with it, i know a bloke who has been leaving on 88 minutes for years and no matter how many goals he has missed he will always do it.

When the club feel the need to announce over the tannoy 10 minutes prior to the game ending, that if people want to leave early they should do so swiftly, that's embarrassing! 

I understand access isn't great but so what? Obviously you pay your money, it's your choice, but it takes me ages to drive home in the traffic. I could alleviate that and get home 10 minutes earlier if I left after 85 minutes, but I still don't understand why people are so desperate to save 10 minutes that they sacrifice what they're paying for.

Based on the comments here, 95% of the Dolman stand live 3,000 miles from AG and travel by llama over deserts from afar to support the club (reality being most probably live within a few miles of the ground and save like 5-10 minutes).

Obviously if you're going to miss a train home and the next one isn't for 3 days then it's an obvious choice, but the reality is that most people are saving just a few minutes of queueing.

New idea - turn up at 3.30 on a match day! You'll get in really quickly without any of that annoying hustle and bustle, and the benefit is if you stay for the full 105 minutes then the ground will be empty by the time you leave! Think outside the box, beat the queues of people leaving early to beat the queues! 

Archived