IGNORED

Dolman Early Leavers......

42nite

When the club feel the need to announce over the tannoy 10 minutes prior to the game ending, that if people want to leave early they should do so swiftly, that's embarrassing!

I understand access isn't great but so what? Obviously you pay your money, it's your choice, but it takes me ages to drive home in the traffic. I could alleviate that and get home 10 minutes earlier if I left after 85 minutes, but I still don't understand why people are so desperate to save 10 minutes that they sacrifice what they're paying for.

Based on the comments here, 95% of the Dolman stand live 3,000 miles from AG and travel by llama over deserts from afar to support the club (reality being most probably live within a few miles of the ground and save like 5-10 minutes).

Obviously if you're going to miss a train home and the next one isn't for 3 days then it's an obvious choice, but the reality is that most people are saving just a few minutes of queueing.

New idea - turn up at 3.30 on a match day! You'll get in really quickly without any of that annoying hustle and bustle, and the benefit is if you stay for the full 105 minutes then the ground will be empty by the time you leave! Think outside the box, beat the queues of people leaving early to beat the queues!

The club was telling people not to stand about on the stairs, which some people had been doing in order to get a swift getaway on the final whistle.

95% of the Dolman do stay in their seats until the end, myself included, but the temporary exits have exacerbated a problem with the time it takes to leave the stand, and because people leave via the front of the stand the minority that don't are more visible than early leavers elsewhere.

Unless you've experienced those stairs you should stf up to be honest.

What is embarrassing is fellow city fans taking the piss at people leaving an already won game during the final minutes of EXTRA TIME. That's when this "hilarious" chant was sung.

After going to Twickenham to see the egg chasers Saturday (free tickets) I'll not moan. Hardly saw any of the game due to people walking in and out with trays of beer. Not a rugby fan but still annoying. 85 quid a ticket, at least bloody watch it.

It was about every 3 mins...

Same at the Millennium Stadium when watching Wales play rugby.  Sat on the end of a row, and missed most of the match because of the constant line of people going backwards and forwards buying drinks.  Drove me mad.  To be fair, it took around 20 minutes to get out of the Dolman after the Rochdale game and can understand if some don't fancy that.

The club was telling people not to stand about on the stairs, which some people had been doing in order to get a swift getaway on the final whistle.

95% of the Dolman do stay in their seats until the end, myself included, but the temporary exits have exacerbated a problem with the time it takes to leave the stand, and because people leave via the front of the stand the minority that don't are more visible than early leavers elsewhere.

Unless you've experienced those stairs you should stf up to be honest.

What is embarrassing is fellow city fans taking the piss at people leaving an already won game during the final minutes of EXTRA TIME. That's when this "hilarious" chant was sung.

Agreed.

I usually leave with about a minute or two to go just to go down by the pitch and then I'm closer to the exit.But yesterday stayed until the end (mainly through losing track of time) and it took about 10 minutes to get from my seat to the exit... so in future i will be leaving my seat a minute or two early.

The early leaving by the Dolmanites (and those in other stands) is hardly unique to City.

Someone I know went to the Emirates.

Some fans started leaving after 75 minutes, from 85 minutes it was a flood, and the stadium was more than half empty by full time.

He was told that's the routine at most Arsenal games.

Relax! as was posted earlier in this thread - there are 4 more home games and then the the early leavers issue will be a thing of the past.

It's beyond me as to why people have to winge about it again this late in the season..

It'll soon be all over boys.......

All this early leaving is so zzzzzzzzz. Who cares! Just good old have a moan for moanings sake. Perhaps we need another relegation for you poor souls to cherish to take the resentment away from those who choose to leave their seat early, which of course is their right!!

Any of you that turn up late to the start of the game are just as bad as i have to stand to allow you in! Pffffft.

No. **** off the Atyeo. Direct your chants at the opposition, not at your fellow reds.

If you sat in the Dolman you'd know the temporary stairways mean it takes a bloody sight longer to get out than it does in other stands. I mean a seriously long delay. Saturday before last, it took me 15 plus minutes to get out of the row of seats I was in. The club, in its wisdom, has not provided steps in front of any of the central three blocks.

Now I stay until the end, but if you have public transport to catch, a pub or some other meet up to get to, a night shift to work or maybe you just want to get back to your wife/girlfriend in plentiful time then I understand why you might leave 120 seconds before the end of a comfortable 3-0 win.

So yeah. **** you Atyeo stand. Try directing sarcasm at the opposition. Or maybe reflect on how you make about as much noise as a colony of mute swans with tonsilitis.

I was in the Atyeo and can tell you it was done with humour, and as far as i could see from the faces of people coming down the stairs closest to the Atyeo, was received in the right way with lots of laughs and waving. Why get so angry?

Archived