And all the roads we have to walk are winding

Floodlights that lead us there are blinding

There are many things that I

Would like to say to you, but I don't know how

Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me,

And after all, you're my Cotterall.

(thanks to Martin Kuhl for that one!)

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yet another "song" that will never be heard either at AG or Wembley.

How many of your Gashead friends you taking this weekend??

Here is an idea......... if you don't like song threads...... don't click on them???

or do you thrive on being a boring miserable Gashead 24/7??

Is that all you got???????

You should know by now that I've taken plenty of stick over many years on here and in all that time only one has actually got to me. That person is now banned because not only did they abuse me but others as well.

You and virtually everyone else who slags me are amateurs in comparison.

• Admin

Speaking of which who was the clown that tweeted Andy Stockausen with this 4 days before the final

@AndyStockhausen we need theme song for Wembley like Stoke has deliah. Can we spread word for The a Wonder of You by elvis. Check out lyrics

:facepalm: 

I saw that too - I did wonder how often that person had been to a City game in the past

Thanks for the kind words........ trust me if I wanted too abuse you.... I would be world champion not a amateur as you suggest......

Answer me this then...... Why do you act like you do when people suggest songs? If you don't like  why click on them or why comment?

I explained why these "song" threads are meaningless on another thread some days ago.

But I'll paraphrase,

Those of us that use this forum are a vast minority of the City fan base which means that very few fans actually know about otib let alone read it. Therefore "new" songs posted on here aren't seen by enough fans for it ever to get voiced either at AG or Wembley. That why I simply don't get why people bother to compose new songs and post them on here.

Bristol City FC are known nationally for our anthem - Drink up thee cider as well as other "cider" songs. We are from the West Country where cider is brewed and our area is known for it. These are the songs that all City fans knows and join in with. Stick to them I say.

I explained why these "song" threads are meaningless on another thread some days ago.

But I'll paraphrase,

Those of us that use this forum are a vast minority of the City fan base which means that very few fans actually know about otib let alone read it. Therefore "new" songs posted on here aren't seen by enough fans for it ever to get voiced either at AG or Wembley. That why I simply don't get why people bother to compose new songs and post them on here.

That's nonsense. For the Donny away game recently over 1,000 people were viewing the match thread. It is hardly a "vast minority" of the City fan base that use OTIB and to say "very few fans even know about OTIB" is also ill-judged I'd wager.

Plenty of supporter initiatives have been born on this forum over the years. All of the club's hierarchy read it as well as soon players over the years so I would not rule out its importance so readily if I were you.

You especially should know about the significance of OTIB after being summoned to GJ's office for spreading bullshit and having your pants pulled down.

But I'll paraphrase,

Bristol City FC are known nationally for our anthem - Drink up thee cider as well as other "cider" songs. We are from the West Country where cider is brewed and our area is known for it. These are the songs that all City fans knows and join in with. Stick to them I say.

How very disappointing Robbored, you seem to have lost the courage of your convictions. I thought you didn't like  new song threads because you believe most are utter shite. And you'd usually be right so keep on calling a spade a spade.

Thanks for the kind words........ trust me if I wanted too abuse you.... I would be world champion not a amateur as you suggest......

Answer me this then...... Why do you act like you do when people suggest songs? If you don't like  why click on them or why comment?

Because it's a free and democratic place a forum, also how the hell is he going to educate folk that all this crass about a song for whatever is just a waste of time? I am very much on the side of folk you like to buck the trend, otherwise just where would be? Certainly not in the position we would be right now, and without the likes of Cotts, if we all believed the majority on here as to what is the right way we would be in League 2 at best. 

So my Tetbury friend, don't knock it.

But surely Robbo you won't know if the song (which is a decent effort by the way) is going to be sung at Wembley as you will be boycotting such a "tin pot" occasion?

But it is a tin pot occasion, hopefully we might win it, but in truth it means a lot more to Walsall, bless 'em,  they have never been to Wembley, I have the dubious pleasure of getting Midlands to-day and they are as excited as kittens, one 92 year lifelong fan was in tears with pride last night, surely we wouldn't be too upset if it made his rest of his life?  

But it is a tin pot occasion, hopefully we might win it, but in truth it means a lot more to Walsall, bless 'em, they have never been to Wembley, I have the dubious pleasure of getting Midlands to-day and they are as excited as kittens, one 92 year lifelong fan was in tears with pride last night, surely we wouldn't be too upset if it made his rest of his life?

Naaaah. Kill him off with a 7-1 defeat for them. If he lives in Walsall it'll be a blessed release.

*evil chuckle*

But I'll paraphrase,

Orrrrrrrrrr break the autistic habit and stop posting on the threads.

But I'll paraphrase,

Cider brewed? You'm drinkin' the wrong stuff, young 'un.

Archived