IGNORED

Best Game U Ever Missed?

stephenkibby.

i'm hoping that sunday is the one!!

When the dolman was first open my dad got us season tickets, we had just moved to devon [his job]

we would come back to Bristol every other weekend to see my nan [when the city were home]

Kerry road.just off the venture.

clarkes pies, off to the gate then back and the green un! [galley gets 3]

This one Saturday I said to my dad no! I'm staying here,it was 100 miles each way to the gate and we were pretty shit at the time.

Watched the scores on the bbc at 5'oclock BRISTOL CITY 6/ 0 FULHAM.

never since in my life time have I had a chance to see the city score 6!!

have a good one sunday boys and girls!!!!!!!!!!

Arsenal away, first game after promotion to top flight. Won one nil

Coventry away, same season, draw to stay up. Both games I was still at School at couldn't afford it.

Next one will be the game we win the title at this season, it's bound to be a game I can't make.

Not a City game but back home I have a pristine, unused World Cup semi final ticket. Me and my dad couldn't face the bus ride from Madrid to Seville so missed West Germany v France. Proved to be a classic.

yeah also should say when I was playihg local football[ a f...kin long time] missed out on some good ones.

if our game was called off early enough we would try and go and watch a decent game anywhere!!

always tried to talk em in to going to the city. 

but one Saturday when our game was called off the lads set off for the midlands to take in W.B.A  v COVENTRY.

this was another game I thought f..k it can't be bothered.

it ended wba 7 /0 cov  what a **** I was, the albion had regis up front  and laurie Cunningham on the wing!!!

Not a City game but back home I have a pristine, unused World Cup semi final ticket. Me and my dad couldn't face the bus ride from Madrid to Seville so missed West Germany v France. Proved to be a classic.

If only Patrice Battiston had applied the same logical reasoning...

Supporting since 93/94. Iv made pretty much all the big games but I missed Hartlepool! Was the night before my last day of year 11 and we had a huge party.

I still remember exactly where I was when I got the call from my dad to say we'd won and we were going to Cardiff, for that terrible day

i'm hoping that sunday is the one!!

When the dolman was first open my dad got us season tickets, we had just moved to devon [his job]

we would come back to Bristol every other weekend to see my nan [when the city were home]

Kerry road.just off the venture.

clarkes pies, off to the gate then back and the green un! [galley gets 3]

This one Saturday I said to my dad no! I'm staying here,it was 100 miles each way to the gate and we were pretty shit at the time.

Watched the scores on the bbc at 5'oclock BRISTOL CITY 6/ 0 FULHAM.

never since in my life time have I had a chance to see the city score 6!!

have a good one sunday boys and girls!!!!!!!!!!

That Fulham game was my very first City game back in 68/69 in the East End over to one side with my Dad.......I was 8 years old.

Jan 1978 I made a last minute decision not to go to City vs Wrexham in the FA Cup, missed a 4-4 draw!

I also had an invite in a corporate box at Wembley for England 4 Holland 1 during Euro '96 but I ended up at Villa Park that night watching Scotland 1 Switzerland 1 !! Long story....

You did not miss anything with the Wrexham cup tie. We were awful that day and got out of jail to get a replay in which we got dumped out of the FA Cup. Wrexham of the Third Division that season and City in the First, had also knocked us out of the Football League Cup a couple of months earlier.

I played cricket away to slimbridge on the day city beat palace away, wished I had gone to that. I've never scored any runs at slimbridge or anywhere else for that matter so no idea why I didnt go!! Apart from that I've been fairly lucky, of all the 1992 onwards games mentioned above I've been to, the highlight probably being Mansfield. The best day of my life being a city fan I think.......well Hartlepool aside perhaps!

Actually I didn't make Anfield in 94 (was 12) so that's probably my answer to the question!!!

Arsenal away.... that game. Didn't start going away until later that year.

G*s home 3-3 , very good mate got married and I spent the entire reception with the radio on,

Oh and Spurs semi final both legs , not allowed to go by my mum.

You did not miss anything with the Wrexham cup tie. We were awful that day and got out of jail to get a replay in which we got dumped out of the FA Cup. Wrexham of the Third Division that season and City in the First, had also knocked us out of the Football League Cup a couple of months earlier.

If you want to pinpoint the start of our slide to near-oblivion, it was that game.

Odd game though. The only one I ever saw, either in person or on the box, where both sides came back from two down, .

I feel better now! Cheers

We were playing QPR on a night game,we drew if I remember correctly.i had been invited to go straight from that game to watch england away but had work booked in next 2 days so couldn't,on the way up in the car my job got cancelled but I couldn't be bothered to turn round and get my passport etc...loads of city went to watch this one,which one I hear you say? GERMANY 1ENGLAND 4 gutted

I think you'll find it was 1-5 mate!

Archived