IGNORED

Best Game U Ever Missed?

stephenkibby.

Forest Away : League Cup Semi Final 90.

Had match and train tickets but an unemployed **** who thought he was Perry Mason stretched the High Court jury deliberation on which I served from several hours to several days. Judge discharged us too late that day for me to get to Nottingham.

Cardiff away, all of them. Embarrassed to say it but I have somehow never managed to see City play Cardiff.

Mansfield away, yes THAT game.

Carl Shutt scoring 4 on his debut. Still winds me up that I missed this due to work.

Like the OP, I missed City 6 Fulham 0 (69-70 season) as I was on a young people's activity weekend.

I also missed City beating Charlton 6-0 as that was on a school night. The Saturday before City beat Norwich 4-0. The Charlton game was the first one in which City managed to score a penalty since AD became Manager. The previous three since he took over had all been missed.

April 1976 I was working so had to miss City 1 Pompey 0 to clinch promotion.

1978 I was serving in the RAF and stationed near Norwich. Due to deployment for an overseas exercise, I had to miss Ipswich 0 City 1

1986 money was really short and I had to choose between a day at a nearby airshow rather than get a coach to Wembley and POTD at Wembley to see City 3 - Bolton 0

i'm hoping that sunday is the one!!

When the dolman was first open my dad got us season tickets, we had just moved to devon [his job]

we would come back to Bristol every other weekend to see my nan [when the city were home]

Kerry road.just off the venture.

clarkes pies, off to the gate then back and the green un! [galley gets 3]

This one Saturday I said to my dad no! I'm staying here,it was 100 miles each way to the gate and we were pretty shit at the time.

Watched the scores on the bbc at 5'oclock BRISTOL CITY 6/ 0 FULHAM.

never since in my life time have I had a chance to see the city score 6!!

have a good one sunday boys and girls!!!!!!!!!!

I was at this game in the eastend , i still remember feeling sorry for fulham , childish naiveity eh !

Took my son to his first ever city game when he was 4. It was against Gillingham circa 2006. He fell asleep after ten minutes at 0-0. He woke at the final whistle having missed us score six goals. He is still not sure whether to count that one as his first match

Loads of City ones. Missed out on the Stadium of Light visit in 98-been back at school only the day before and my plan was to leave early on the Wednesday (asking my mum to feign a dentist appointment note), have her drop me off at the Gate, watch the match then miss school the next day 'ill'. Despite it being the very start of the year (and my final one at that) my mum refused citing the reason 'your GCSE's are more important'  :grr:

Had a nomadic period between 01-09 watching the City due to girlfriends, work commitments (working 3 in every 4 weekends ain't great) and living oop near Carlisle. During that time I missed the Mansfield game, Murray away at Cardiff and Hartlepool at home (though watched it on Sky... :fear: ) so yeah, missed a few. 

Also missed the bulk of the GJ reign-by the time I moved back down south City had begun a lovely downward spiral around 2011  :facepalm:  

Thank God for Cotts is all I can say....

you didn't miss shutty scoring 4 on his debutnow joe royle.....

I missed him scoring 4 goals sometime else then did I, I'm sure he did and I missed them! Against Fulham perhaps, that seems to ring a bell.

Although I was offered the Anfield trip - Dad and his mates were going - I had to turn it down as I had instead been ordered by my then-boss to attend a public meeting about beach huts.

I feel for you. I bet everytime you see a beach hut...

Archived