IGNORED

Amusing Plastic Moments

Chairman Mao

Not to call the OP a liar, but it barely sounds believable...

There was a gent behind me who kept pronouncing Wilbraham as "Wil-bree-him", few of his other comments gave me the impression he hadn't watched us yet this season...

honest, he thought I was a Walsall fan because I was cheering the team in red

probably on vodka or Charlie mind ;)

There was a gent behind me who kept pronouncing Wilbraham as "Wil-bree-him", few of his other comments gave me the impression he hadn't watched us yet this season...

There was a City fan at Crawley the other week said he didn't know any of our players. Asked me who scored our first - I told him Wilbrahim. Only realised when I got home it was Flint.

The more part timers the merrier if you ask me, even if I did have to end up in the gods today as a result. Hopefully some of them will come back, bringing more money to the club.

What amazed me was the folk in the glass hospitality boxes just above where we were sitting.

I mean why not just stay at home and watch the match on telly? Same atmosphere, cheaper and avoids the traffic.

But then they wouldn't feel superior to the 70k odd fans outside.

Not realizing the 70k odd fans outside think they're ( add appropriate word here)

There was a City fan at Crawley the other week said he didn't know any of our players. Asked me who scored our first - I told him Wilbrahim. Only realised when I got home it was Flint.

The more part timers the merrier if you ask me, even if I did have to end up in the gods today as a result. Hopefully some of them will come back, bringing more money to the club.

That may have been my brother's brother in law, who's 5 year old son Croydon boy (and little mate)* is now a City nut. The Dad of which proudly explained that they must be the only branch of the Bristol City fan club to have been to multiple away games (Gillingham, MK and Crawley) but never, as yet, set foot in Bristol - let alone AG. I like the Dad (my brother's brother in law) too, as he's got a bloody big gob and kicked off a song in Wembley Way.

Off their own initiative, said little 5 year olds best mate and parents, with no previous City connection, were at Wembley today. Spread the gospel, man! No 'plastics' here!

My funniest moment was on the tube in: "We are shortly approaching, for example, 'Preston Road'. Travellers departing at this station are reminded to please 'MIND THE GAP'. To which a few of us on the carriage gave it the 'Hooray!' :D

*My brother ran in to Keith Millen in a cafe in Croydon, an explained to his nephew who KM was. The nephew-in-law told my brother that Keith Millen headed a goal v the gas in the 3-2 win. Un-*******-believable, the kids these days, You Tube (or just one very bright kid!). He knows more about what SC has said this season than I do, I reckon.

Not just me then?

We had quite a few excitable children by us, nothing wrong with that but they had not one bit of interest in the football. The parents could have saved a small fortune by putting them in the garden with a few balloons and they would have had just as much fun as that's all they were interested in. And they weren't young children either.

Some of the comments are ridiculous on here berating folk who are attending matches that don't quite live up to' what one expects of a fellow City chap'. Make no mistake we will need to fill the gate with some of these, not just the hard lined hate everything NBLR, Swindon inbred's type of loyal  Ultra fan that most of you are or think you are.

Fan support comes in many shapes and sizes, I even saw on here that 'Oh well we cannot stop the 'Glory Hunters' I suppose, that is exactly who we want down the Gate, it is not 'lil ol' Bristol City anymore, not if we want success it's not, so I am afraid it's a lot of you that have to change, not the other way round.

We had quite a few excitable children by us, nothing wrong with that but they had not one bit of interest in the football. The parents could have saved a small fortune by putting them in the garden with a few balloons and they would have had just as much fun as that's all they were interested in. And they weren't young children either.

It's a start....

Some of the comments are ridiculous on here berating folk who are attending matches that don't quite live up to' what one expects of a fellow City chap'. Make no mistake we will need to fill the gate with some of these, not just the hard lined hate everything NBLR, Swindon inbred's type of loyal Ultra fan that most of you are or think you are.

Fan support comes in many shapes and sizes, I even saw on here that 'Oh well we cannot stop the 'Glory Hunters' I suppose, that is exactly who we want down the Gate, it is not 'lil ol' Bristol City anymore, not if we want success it's not, so I am afraid it's a lot of you that have to change, not the other way round.

Quite right. The newcomers will not know the songs until they have been a few times, especially the children.

But I wonder how many kids were at their first City match but will now be hooked, reeled in and City fans for life.

We will not become a big Club on the pitch overnight and neither on the terraces either.

But we now have a wonderful chance of achieving great things that most of us have only dreamed of for decades.

City are going up and growing as a club for the first time in many years. We need new fans more than ever now! (To replace all of us old sods when we pass on)

I was asked have my bag checked after going through the turnstiles.

The only consern they had was I had a plastic bottle they wanted to take the top off and check.....No problem at all...

"Sorry I cant let you have the top back", and promptly started to place A FULL BOTTLE OF WATER back in my bag!!!!

Me: "Uh, dont you think that will spill everywhere"

Him: "Sorry I cant let you have to top back, you will have to put it in a plastic beaker if you dont want me to put it back in your bag!!!"

You couldn't write the script could you!!

the stewards were very good i think, had a pair in front of me with one of them vape fags with a funny smell and a roll up too.they clocked him and told him to put the real one out and left it at that

I stood above an exit way at half time, vaping. I thought this was the least anti-social thing to do, as I was away from people. Bad idea, in terms of drawing stewards' attention. "No smoking, mate". "I'm not smoking". "No cigarettes or e-cigarettes inside Wembley stadium, thems the rules".

They need to develop e-cigars.

Archived