IGNORED

Open Top Bus Prade.

Redarmy987

Depends on whether we win the league. If we do then there will be one with both trophies on show. If we finish 2nd I think it will be a kick in the balls and the club won't feel like celebrating that much! but we're going to win the league so get ready to see one of the players drop the league one cup under the bus Ramos style

• Admin

IF we win the league expect the mayor of Bristol (Not red trousers) to hold a civic reception in honour of out achievements, that would then no doubt mean open top bus from the ground to the centre.

I wonder if the reason the win in '86 had an open top parade was that the game was played at the end of the season ?

30 years ago, I was very young. Did it start or possibly end at Ashton Court or am I thinking of a different event?

Started at Ashton Gate and finished back there if I remember rightly, drove through the centre and up the steep hill to Bedminster Down, Bedminster road? I have photos somewhere

1976, the first(?) open top bus parade, started at AG, went up East Street and Redcliffe Hill and through Queen Square to end at College Green where the players & management entered the Council House whilst we fans lined the streets and covered the grass in a sea of red & white.

Presumably 1986 was to show that after the events of the early 80's City were back.

Archived