IGNORED

Loan Window Closes Thursday.

Dave

I wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in a striker until the end of the season as cover.

As an injury could cot us dearly and this close to the end of the season not sure we would want to leave ourselves short up front.

Either that or Cotts would be happy recalling Wes if needed.

Mind you it would take a disaster of epic proportions for us not to get promoted now.

Just as a reference to this - I have info from a very reliable source (not going to give it as it's not fair, but if I'm not believed then that is down to you) that we've been sniffing around Alex Fisher of Mansfield for quite a while.

Admittedly he's not lit the world alight, but there's been a number of League One clubs interested and apparently we've been one of them. For those who aren't aware (and I was one until very recently), he's a striker in mid-20s that has moved around multiple countries in his career without really ever breaking through to anything spectacular. Due to - what seems like - personal reasons with the manager, he isn't being played at Mansfield despite being brought in there.

He's been offered a contract at Yeovil (alongside Fergus Bell) but he turned it down. He also has had offers from Crewe and Exeter.

I've been told that he has been offered a trial here at the end of the season, and also NLBR have offered him a straight contract. He has asked to be released on loan but the manager has refused. He scored twice for the reserves today.

I would be surprised if we do sign him, admittedly, but it's a possible name for future transfer windows/summer. Don't shoot the messenger.

Anyway, tinhat on... 

Just as a reference to this - I have info from a very reliable source (not going to give it as it's not fair, but if I'm not believed then that is down to you) that we've been sniffing around Alex Fisher of Mansfield for quite a while.

Admittedly he's not lit the world alight, but there's been a number of League One clubs interested and apparently we've been one of them. For those who aren't aware (and I was one until very recently), he's a striker in mid-20s that has moved around multiple countries in his career without really ever breaking through to anything spectacular. Due to - what seems like - personal reasons with the manager, he isn't being played at Mansfield despite being brought in there.

He's been offered a contract at Yeovil (alongside Fergus Bell) but he turned it down. He also has had offers from Crewe and Exeter.

I've been told that he has been offered a trial here at the end of the season, and also NLBR have offered him a straight contract. He has asked to be released on loan but the manager has refused. He scored twice for the reserves today.

I would be surprised if we do sign him, admittedly, but it's a possible name for future transfer windows/summer. Don't shoot the messenger.

Anyway, tinhat on... 

Well he certainly fits the clubs criteria.

Archived