IGNORED

Cameron V Miliband Matchday Thread

Super

Virtually the same as in 2010?

Ed said 4 years ago the economy would go tits up - WRONG. inflation 0% first time since records began.

Ed said 4 years ago unemployment would go up - WRONG.

The inflation rate going down, is not due to some master stroke by Osborne, it's the World oil price falling dramatically.

As for Unemployment,read my post further up re zero hours, plus many many shops and companies now employing 3 people for 16 hours a week rather than one doing 48.

People being taken off the unemployment figures and moved on to other benefits etc etc.

E's, your the last one I thought would fall for the Tory Propaganda.

http://www.scriptonitedaily.com/2013/08/06/1-million-jobless-left-out-of-uk-govt-unemployment-figures/

The inflation rate going down, is not due to some master stroke by Osborne, it's the World oil price falling dramatically.

As for Unemployment,read my post further up re zero hours, plus many many shops and companies now employing 3 people for 16 hours a week rather than one doing 48.

People being taken off the unemployment figures and moved on to other benefits etc etc.

E's, your the last one I thought would fall for the Tory Propaganda.

http://www.scriptonitedaily.com/2013/08/06/1-million-jobless-left-out-of-uk-govt-unemployment-figures/

I don't fall for anything Bill, because they are all the same, but yer actual labour party even brazenly employ people on zero hours contracts whilst publicly denouncing it, Margaret Hodge the other week spearheaded labours policy on companies not paying their fair share of tax and she is a major shareholder of the family business that paid 0.01% in tax.

inflation is luck of course it is, unemployment nothing has changed in the past 38 years over that one to cook the books to massage the figures, New Labour not only did it but also to cling to power and bribe 'middle England' put people onto benefit who didn't even ******* need it and now they are preparing their bribery with with the ******* SNP. 

I know what to expect from the tories and everybody should by now

Virtually the same as in 2010?

Ed said 4 years ago the economy would go tits up - WRONG. inflation 0% first time since records began.

Ed said 4 years ago unemployment would go up - WRONG.

Ummm... You do realise that 0% inflation is bad don't you? (Within the confines of the wests current economic model that I tend to disagree with)

Prolonged 0% is bad but a few months there is okay if that's what you need.

Actually I'd argue that an economic system based upon the constant need to increase the rate of growth is inherently flawed, but no one ever seems to question that

The issue the current government has (though there is nothing to suggest it'd be any different with any other government) is they appear to be completely impotent when it comes to manipulating or controlling inflation. It's not a problem right now (other than contributing to the demise of North Sea Oil) but if it becomes a problem, there doesn't seem to be a great deal they can do

Ummm... You do realise that 0% inflation is bad don't you? (Within the confines of the wests current economic model that I tend to disagree with)

I am well aware and it's one of the reasons that the SNP will will need to fill to the void of their overblown pre independence vote forecasts and be able to manipulate labour in vote by vote bribe.

I am well aware and it's one of the reasons that the SNP will will need to fill to the void of their overblown pre independence vote forecasts and be able to manipulate labour in vote by vote bribe.

You're not a member of parliament are you Es?! You're ability to segue between loosely related topics to suit an agenda is very politico! Do I call you 'The Right Honourable Esmond Millions Bung'?!

You're not a member of parliament are you Es?! You're ability to segue between loosely related topics to suit an agenda is very politico! Do I call you 'The Right Honourable Esmond Millions Bung'?!

No and I have no agenda why should I?, they are all a bunch of self serving *****, the Tories make little secret of being *****, Lib Dems get a kick out of being *****, UKIP are just ***** and labour are hypocritical *****, so the choice as I see it what ***** do you want?, but I have also never understood the pathetic supporting of of a party like a football team for life, but hey if you want to be ruled by the krankies pulling 'hell yes' Ed's strings carry on, as they say you'll get the government you deserve at the end of the day and they will be another bunch of *****.

No and I have no agenda why should I?, they are all a bunch of self serving *****, the Tories make little secret of being *****, Lib Dems get a kick out of being *****, UKIP are just ***** and labour are hypocritical *****, so the choice as I see it what ***** do you want?, but I have also never understood the pathetic supporting of of a party like a football team for life, but hey if you want to be ruled by the krankies pulling 'hell yes' Ed's strings carry on, as they say you'll get the government you deserve at the end of the day and they will be another bunch of *****.

I was only joking, no need for such colourful language. For the record, I presently have no intention of voting for 'Red Ed'- or rather his appointed representative in my constituency

, but I have also never understood the pathetic supporting of of a party like a football team for life

Aint that the truth EMB.

As a non voter I get people telling me that I should vote, blah blah blah, the person who votes for the same party over and over again just because they always vote that way, for my money, is just as much a hypocrit as me for not voting.

At least I am honest enough to not vote because they are all shite, and if I was to follow my families tradition, I would be voting Labour because, I am from a long history of working class folk.

Bullshit, they are all self serving parasites who have nothing in common with me and do not have any interest in people like me. They all look after the top 1% of society and like it that way because we get to work all hours for shit pay and be thankful for those 25 days rest we get each year.

No, what happens in the real world is, you are forced off benefits by the job centre into a zero hour contract job.

What happens then is,you get zero hours some weeks and you don't actually earn a penny, even though you drive or get the bus to work ( which cost money) to be told you are not needed that day.

So,it actually cost you money to not have any work.

But of course the main thing for the Tories is...... You get taken off the unemployment total. Which is great for the Tory propaganda machine.

Which some on here actually fall for!

Morning Bill

Watching Andrew Neil interview Lucy Powell, the IFS have confirmed that the number zero hour contracts have gone up but not the people using them, they have stayed the same give or take a few than were under the Labour government. So people are now have 2 or 3 zero hour contracts to their name. That's why the number of zero-hour contracts have gone up so much.

But one thing I have noticed, is that it's only people who do not have zero-hour contracts that complain about it, I know a few people on them, it's convenient for them and their situation in their current circumstances. One person I know has gone on to have a pretty good job on the back on one of these. It's also their choice to be on them, they don't have to have it, they can go and get another job.

edit - maybe if tax on companies was not so high, they could afford to employ more people on a full time basis.

And considering Labour MP's employ people on Zero-hour contracts as well as the tax dodging guardian newspaper, I don't think Labour are ones to play the moral card on this particular issue.

Thought Paxman pushed Millaband to the brink of his 'presentation' capabilities. Thought he gave Cameron the easier ride, as did the audience.

Believe, like many of us, Paxman is a 'floater'.

If his agenda was to undermine Milliband (certainly looked like it to me - not that it's a tough gig for JP), it back fired. The younger people on BuzzFeed (social media) etc were more taken my Milliband. I think, despite him looking close to a breakdown, he came across as at least sincere. That's a major tick for young people. Unfortunately, young people don't tend to ******* vote.

Looks to me like a toss up between continued growth (would have happened anyway, inline with the global economy, Cammy) or the supposed better interest of the people due to growth through as yet unexplained job generation.

Am tempted to vote green, tbh. Don't like any of the main w anchors.

Ukip are just to weird, lab jeez not much better and cant even control themselves, have to run everything past their bosses the unions; that leaves only one option..........same as same as but with out the libs tagging along :mafia:

Not hugely enthused by the various implications for this general election, but it will certainly be fascinating.

A strong drive forward in the Westminster elections by the SNP (which hasn't happened before, witness their comparative failure in 2010 where they picked up something like six of 59 seats)  will wake the rest of the UK up to the current constitutional ****-up. 

No, what happens in the real world is, you are forced off benefits by the job centre into a zero hour contract job.

What happens then is,you get zero hours some weeks and you don't actually earn a penny, even though you drive or get the bus to work ( which cost money) to be told you are not needed that day.

So,it actually cost you money to not have any work.

But of course the main thing for the Tories is...... You get taken off the unemployment total. Which is great for the Tory propaganda machine.

Which some on here actually fall for!

Almost anyone can start their own business / company in almost anything they want to, as many have in recent years. If you`re fed up of working for someone else work for yourself. :dunno:

Almost anyone can start their own business / company in almost anything they want to, as many have in recent years. If you`re fed up of working for someone else work for yourself. :dunno:

Yeah, cus that's a piece of piss and brings excellent job security...

I don't care what happens but am hoping Farage looses his seat :fingerscrossed:

I'm tempted I must say, but yeah the security aspect puts me off, as well as the liability if it all goes tits up.

It's definitely high risk, especially if you've got kids and a mortgage to pay. A lot of responsibility and you have to be very self-motivated.

I'll probably work for myself later in life though.

Eh? I haven't mentioned anything about running a business. I was talking about people forced off the dole in to a zero hours contract to fiddle the jobless figures.

I'm tempted I must say, but yeah the security aspect puts me off, as well as the liability if it all goes tits up.

It's definitely high risk, especially if you've got kids and a mortgage to pay. A lot of responsibility and you have to be very self-motivated.

I'll probably work for myself later in life though.

IMO its no more of a risk than working for someone, you can always go back, but once you have made the step you wont.

I sometimes have had to find 10/12 contracts a year but as the years go by your client base increases and work soon comes to you.

In the past 10yrs me and my son have never been out of work not even for a day.

No job is secure believe in yourself, better to try even if you fail than not try at all.

No job is secure believe in yourself, better to try even if you fail than not try at all.

Good shout.

Of course you have to be self motivated though (in response to KITR). Nothing gets handed to you on a plate in this world. If you want something bad enough, its there. 

Eh? I haven't mentioned anything about running a business. I was talking about people forced off the dole in to a zero hours contract to fiddle the jobless figures.

Ah yes something that a lot of labour MP's wring their hands and show outrage over but also take advantage of a bit like tax avoidance really.

and before you ask, I am not making a comparison, because the tories don't really try to deny their use of this legislation. Mate they are all at it, only difference being the one lot claim that it is abhorrent, whilst using it to their advantage, the other lot don't care.

Archived