IGNORED

The Official C'mon Fleetwood Thread!

REDOXO

Watched the game on sky, thought PNE faded and didn't look fit as the game progressed. Humphrey had a couple of runs with no end product, lack of pace in the side. Beckford or Davies should be the ideal c. forwards for Flint to mark. Kory to deal with Johnson, seemed so one footed.

Let's go for 3 points at Deepdale

COYR

PNE will say never give up officially, but we would need a cataclysm to not pick up enough points to go up hopefully as champions.

I know we are Bristol City the masters of snatching failure from the jaws of success, but the most pessimistic City fan is gotta be feeling The Double is well and truly on!

Pretty sure Preston will be looking over their shoulder not at how big the gap is to us.

Indeed, i think the only thing on the minds of either Preston or Swindon is who is going to finish second.. I think a fair amount of paranoia has got to our fans. Ive said it before but chillllll people..

PNE will say never give up officially, but we would need a cataclysm to not pick up enough points to go up hopefully as champions.

I know we are Bristol City the masters of snatching failure from the jaws of success, but the most pessimistic City fan is gotta be feeling The Double is well and truly on!

Never mind the double, what about the treble City are third in the league 1 fair play table.

One note of caution; this does keep Swindon very much in the hunt for autos and will give them even more to play for when we meet them.

All the more reason for us to spoil their day. 

We need to bag three more points and give them proper payback for earlier this season.

That should leave them feeling utterly dejected and demoralised before the pray-offs (if they don't implode and fail to make them !)

A very early red card for one of the Swindlers would be well-deserved karma.

(Oh yeh - and well done Fleetwood - cracking goal - and they could have got all three points)

Hi, guys.

Looks like you are home and hosed - well done!

Should be a good battle for 2nd and although our results have picked up our form, generally, has not.

Got me ticket for your gaff and hope it's better than that shite this afternoon.

Was easy, we just bought the title!

Yep, fair enough, good results recently for Swindon, but they have to produce the form of their season given the matches they have coming up. Agree also with MK, who have on paper the easiest run in for me, and would like to see them get something at Swindon obviously.

Do not underestimate the effect of nerves at this time of the season. At the moment our lead is big enough, just, for that to not be a massive issue, but it might be for the rest. We are the only team in the top four where draws actually get us a little nearer the finish line, as seven more draws will surely be enough. For the others, it will feel like real dropped points.

Very true as seven more draws will 99% see us as promoted. The title may need some more.

Maybe the reason we were a little bit of colour yesterday was not tiredness at the end of a long season, but a little bit of tension which created minor mistakes in ball control, passing and decision making.

When we lost that feeling about twenty minutes from the end and relaxed, we could have got several goals to win it.

So consider the tension between Swindle and MK next Saturday.

Watched the game on sky, thought PNE faded and didn't look fit as the game progressed. Humphrey had a couple of runs with no end product, lack of pace in the side. Beckford or Davies should be the ideal c. forwards for Flint to mark. Kory to deal with Johnson, seemed so one footed.

Let's go for 3 points at Deepdale

COYR

I agree with you,  but I think the long stoppage was the reason they faded and they couldn't get back on the front foot again.   What a great goal by Ball, perfectly weighted lob over Johnstone,  as he saw him off his line.   A good result for us and puts more pressure on Preston.

One big win aga

Everyone always seems to count the goal difference as an extra point. But if we were to concede a 10 point advantage then naturally the goal difference would roughly even out.

Not saying it's going to happen though.

Nah, it's an extra point alright.

Very unlikely they'll make that up. I'm aware it can work both ways, but who's to say we don't concede the 10 point lead and actually increase the GD in the process...

Just seen the result :-) Well done Fleetwood, makes the points we dropped ok.

Reckon Preston will drop even more now as seems they can't handle the pressure to capitalize on us when we've dropped points, hopefully we can get a great result against them & we should win against Swindle if SC fires them up right by showing what cheating scum they're, think I'm more worried about us getting serious injuries against Swindle being the fouling ***** they're.

COME ON YOU REDS bring that title back to the gate so we have a excellent season getting the double.

Archived