IGNORED

Sc On Sky (Fl 72 Review)

Bob Taylor is GOD

Really? Sponsorship, scouting network, youth system, crowds, loss/gain of Bristol Rugby...

Why wouldn't you use NLBR dropping out of the league to stamp your authority on the Bristol football scene? It was a once in a lifetime opportunity that HAD to be taken advantage of, and boy am I glad we have. Just hope they stay down there for a year or two more :fingerscrossed:

I don't believe had Rovers not been relegated we would have done anything different. You said you know "for a fact" that we have but you still need to qualify that statement.

I don't believe had Rovers not been relegated we would have done anything different. You said you know "for a fact" that we have but you still need to qualify that statement.

KITR shouldn't need to qualify his statement but I will on his behalf. My evidence is straight from the horses mouth, Mr SL himself.

The actual words I heard him say was that never would there be a better opportunity to drive a wedge between us and them.

• Admin

KITR shouldn't need to qualify his statement but I will on his behalf. My evidence is straight from the horses mouth, Mr SL himself.

The actual words I heard him say was that never would there be a better opportunity to drive a wedge between us and them.

That can be true whilst not changing our approach which would have been to try to win the league anyway. We've hardly thrown the kitchen sink at it after all, we have broken even on transfer fees and are complying with SCMP. Clearly I wasn't there with you to hear how he said it but couldn't it have just been a "we must take this chance" type comment without actually changing our budget?

It probably affected our marketing, common sense dictates. For squad matters though, it would be ridiculous if what we did was dictated by them, ever.

Archived