IGNORED

Raheem Stirling To Reject 180K A Week.

Talk Of The Town

Not forgetting Sir Alex saying Phil Jones could be Man United's GREATEST ever player.

Indeed. When it comes to young hot prospects their progression is presumed. With Sterling I still see promise and not much consistency I'm afraid.

Heard an interview with a journo from L'pool and if he is to be believed the figures are way off.

Offered 100k , an increase from his current 35-40 but not as much as Sturridge who is on about 140k.

Good player but worth 140k a week ???

FFS teams are going to the wall for sums that amount to less than a decent Prem players weekly wage, added to the fact many people make sacrifices to pay for the stupid ticket prices to watch these money grabbing  self centred ego maniacs go through the motions.

Yes I understand that if 'X' get this  then I deserve at least that ! It used to be unfair when the clubs got all the money and players were treated like cattle. Thing is money would go through the Leagues, now it doesn't it goes to Ferrari and Bentley and clubs struggle to survive. Just heard that the top Euro teams could be in for a windfall from the European championships, more money for the rich and will it filter down ?? Will it **** .

Phew , feel better now  :cool:

Genuine question, why?  Are people really that upset about the salaries other people earn?

Hope this goes some way to answer your question  :P

Heard an interview with a journo from L'pool and if he is to be believed the figures are way off.

Offered 100k , an increase from his current 35-40 but not as much as Sturridge who is on about 140k.

Good player but worth 140k a week ???

FFS teams are going to the wall for sums that amount to less than a decent Prem players weekly wage, added to the fact many people make sacrifices to pay for the stupid ticket prices to watch these money grabbing  self centred ego maniacs go through the motions.

Yes I understand that if 'X' get this  then I deserve at least that ! It used to be unfair when the clubs got all the money and players were treated like cattle. Thing is money would go through the Leagues, now it doesn't it goes to Ferrari and Bentley and clubs struggle to survive. Just heard that the top Euro teams could be in for a windfall from the European championships, more money for the rich and will it filter down ?? Will it **** .

Phew , feel better now  :cool:

Hope this goes some way to answer your question  :P

Whether Sterling is worth it, and whether Liverpool should be paying it are both different issues to the question of why people get aggrieved because someone else gets paid a ludicrous sum of money.

I don't hear people complain because Brad Pitt, Sandra Bullock, or Bradley Cooper got millions for a starring role in a movie, nor do I hear people complain that One Direction, Lady Gaga, The Eagles or Bruce Springsteen make tens of millions.  So, I do wonder why people get upset that some footballers make huge salaries.  Incidentally, I was astonished that per Forbes the highest paid musician last year was, by a margin of half a billion dollars from 2nd place, was Dre.  I knew I should have got into the headphones game.

Regarding your comment "added to the fact many people make sacrifices to pay for the stupid ticket prices to watch these money grabbing  self centred ego maniacs go through the motions.":  I would argue the problem lies with the people.

Whether Sterling is worth it, and whether Liverpool should be paying it are both different issues to the question of why people get aggrieved because someone else gets paid a ludicrous sum of money.

I don't hear people complain because Brad Pitt, Sandra Bullock, or Bradley Cooper got millions for a starring role in a movie, nor do I hear people complain that One Direction, Lady Gaga, The Eagles or Bruce Springsteen make tens of millions.  So, I do wonder why people get upset that some footballers make huge salaries.  Incidentally, I was astonished that per Forbes the highest paid musician last year was, by a margin of half a billion dollars from 2nd place, was Dre.  I knew I should have got into the headphones game.

Regarding your comment "added to the fact many people make sacrifices to pay for the stupid ticket prices to watch these money grabbing  self centred ego maniacs go through the motions.":  I would argue the problem lies with the people.

Lewis Hamilton is on 500k per week as well!!

Money in sport is crazy -

Mo Farrah earnt 6 million last year !!!

You can understand players wanting their share of the pie !!!

The nonsense comes when clubs pay these wages but pay admin staff etc peanuts in comparison

I have no problem with players wanting their share of the pie.

It's when they want everyone else's share as well that I have a problem.

I like watching football and my view is that footballers deserve a living wage for providing such a valuable service.

If Premiership football clubs are now saying they don't have the money to pay their players what they deserve then I would have to put the blame on the shoulders of the government for not accelerating the programme of hospital closures to free up the necessary capital.

Come on Tony Blair, get a bloody grip.

Not forgetting Sir Alex saying Phil Jones could be Man United's GREATEST ever player.

Given he was touted by some as the next Duncan Edwards, this is an interesting read on the actual Duncan Edwards.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2015/mar/28/duncan-edwards-original-boy-wonder-greatest

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32149613

I am sure the Daily mail will put their own spin on this as well.....

It's not about the money, he's angling for a deal to a better club, his interview is painfully transparent. He might not be playing CL football next season if he stays at Liverpool and signing a long-term deal isn't going to help that.

I fully expect Sterling to sign for Manchester City or Chelsea now.  I would prefer it if he went to Arsenal but they probably don't have the wage structure to accommodate him.

Whether the move will be good for his England development is highly questionable.

It's not about the money, he's angling for a deal to a better club, his interview is painfully transparent. He might not be playing CL football next season if he stays at Liverpool and signing a long-term deal isn't going to help that.

Sell him for 50M and let Jordan Ibe step up.

Just because he has turned down Liverpool offer does not make him greedy. Maybe he does not want to stay in Liverpool and that's why he has turned it down.

That would be fair enough, but not sure he will ever play under a better manager than Rodgers, the guy has always given young English talent a chance to step up. He won't get that at a City or a Chelsea.

That would be fair enough, but not sure he will ever play under a better manager than Rodgers, the guy has always given young English talent a chance to step up. He won't get that at a City or a Chelsea.

Not really as though he needs it, he's an established Premier League player now.

Got to be honest having read his interview this morning there is a lot of "I" involved. I can see what he is saying but all I can hear is "It's all about me, not the team".

'It's never been about money. I talk about winning trophies throughout my career. That's all I talk about.

'I don't talk about how many cars I'm going to drive, how many houses I've got. I just purely want to be the best I can be.

'I don't want to be perceived as a money-grabbing 20-year-old.

'I try to kill it off, but I don't think the public can see it that way.

'I think they just see it as this 20-year-old boy being greedy.

'I just want to take the time to think about what I've achieved in my career so far, where I need to go and what I need to do to get better as a player.

'Everyone's dream growing up is seeing themselves in an away kit somewhere in a sunny country. But, in reality, I'm happy to be playing for Liverpool and trying to win trophies.'

'If, at that point in time [last season], I was offered a contract, I most definitely would have signed straight away, probably for far less money than being said now.

'I just think the timing was a bit off.'

Archived