IGNORED

Hammersmith Gazette Reports Qpr Are After Cotterill

The Exiled Robin

Ahhhhh so every thread today is a wind up .......

So many experts on here .....sigh

Exiled Robin writes some good blogs and if it is a April wind up fair play

Can see Fernandes thinking this way personally - Cotts was coaching at QPR before coming to us

I think it very unlikely he'd be tempted - SL is one of one of a small group of owners that rival Fernandes wealth and City Are on the up on and off the pitch.

However no one thought Joe Jordan would leave us for Hearts

So before this,poster also gets derided......

Mind, Anyone who thinks that SC has a love in with Bristol City is somewhat naive

He is highly ambitious and undoubtedly smitten by his current squad , and undoubtedly enjoying himself here , and will realise the potential of the club with SLs backing

However , as with virtually all in the game players and managers alike -

He will remain here until something he sees as a better job, financially or football wise comes along

(I'm not suggesting QPR would be for one moment)

I think we would be naive to think that Cotterill's success (so far) has gone unnoticed, of course he is attracting attention just like the players are.

I don't think he is stupid though, he has things nicely set up here and I think it would take something very big to lure him away. Transfer budget isn't everything, he has proved he doesn't need that much to assemble a decent squad. At the moment he is only a part way into his work here, I can't see him wanting to walk away without taking us as far as he can.

As for Jordan leaving us for Hearts, I'm afraid I saw that happening. He wanted a crack at the Scotland job didn't he?

Agree with all your points Red

And hope you're right - Imtoo think Cotts will think that he's in a good place here - he hasn't always been a popular manager for clubs he's managed so with the potential (SL) here and a squad he loves I also think he wouldn't be tempted by many offers.

My one concern is the fierce drive and determination that oozes out of him - it means that it is important that he continues to see this as a place to be and with his personal ambition and drive will mean, theoretically , he will always be vulnerable to approach

And think you right about Jordan / Hearts / wanting Scotland job, thinking back - was a great shame as Imfelt we were really well set to have a crack at the Newly approaching prem under him.

Agree with all your points Red

And hope you're right - Imtoo think Cotts will think that he's in a good place here - he hasn't always been a popular manager for clubs he's managed so with the potential (SL) here and a squad he loves I also think he wouldn't be tempted by many offers.

My one concern is the fierce drive and determination that oozes out of him - it means that it is important that he continues to see this as a place to be and with his personal ambition and drive will mean, theoretically , he will always be vulnerable to approach

And think you right about Jordan / Hearts / wanting Scotland job, thinking back - was a great shame as Imfelt we were really well set to have a crack at the Newly approaching prem under him.

I remember telling a Chelsea fan that I worked with at the time, that if JJ stayed we would have got there, maybe a bit of bravado being 18/19 at the time, but I truly think we would have

Although the team GJ built was great and had some characters in there, this season is the first time I've felt that excitement about City since JJs first reign. What a team we had then, and Super Bob just didn't miss, did he?

Ahhhhh so every thread today is a wind up .......

So many experts on here .....sigh

Exiled Robin writes some good blogs and if it is a April wind up fair play

Can see Fernandes thinking this way personally - Cotts was coaching at QPR before coming to us

I think it very unlikely he'd be tempted - SL is one of one of a small group of owners that rival Fernandes wealth and City Are on the up on and off the pitch.

However no one thought Joe Jordan would leave us for Hearts

So before this,poster also gets derided......

It's an exiled Robin wind up. No link on his blog and there's no way he'd be the first to break that news to us via a blog if it was true!

I remember telling a Chelsea fan that I worked with at the time, that if JJ stayed we would have got there, maybe a bit of bravado being 18/19 at the time, but I truly think we would have

Although the team GJ built was great and had some characters in there, this season is the first time I've felt that excitement about City since JJs first reign. What a team we had then, and Super Bob just didn't miss, did he?

He was also high profile and got the club high profile at the time which always helps,in recruitment etc - he's the only manager other than GJ who has managed that since the Div One days

Agree with you about the 'excitement' currently - I think a lot of us from a similar age group can see the real potential of the current squad / set up, certainly with some quality additions

The GJ / JJ comparison is a good one actually - agree The current side is more exciting ability wise than the GJ promotion side and importantly also seems to match it in spirit ..

The JJ era and GJ era had a real feel good factors about them, in the actual stands

I'm not sure , strangely that the same feel good factor is quite the same at the moment - I think the building at AG hasn't helped and I genuinely believe that some of our age group are actually slightly shocked at what's going on, and off the,pitch !

It's an exiled Robin wind up. No link on his blog and there's no way he'd be the first to break that news to us via a blog if it was true!

Fair point Robbo - if it's a wind up - it's a good un with some thought behind it - the article is a bit short for Exiled and there's not innQPRs forums !!!

Ironically , if it is, it's one of thee better threads for a decent debate about SC and the future , better than a lot of the mind numbing c**p

Ha ha

He was also high profile and got the club high profile at the time which always helps,in recruitment etc - he's the only manager other than GJ who has managed that since the Div One days

Agree with you about the 'excitement' currently - I think a lot of us from a similar age group can see the real potential of the current squad / set up, certainly with some quality additions

The GJ / JJ comparison is a good one actually - agree The current side is more exciting ability wise than the GJ promotion side and importantly also seems to match it in spirit ..

The JJ era and GJ era had a real feel good factors about them, in the actual stands

I'm not sure , strangely that the same feel good factor is quite the same at the moment - I think the building at AG hasn't helped and I genuinely believe that some of our age group are actually slightly shocked at what's going on, and off the,pitch !

The new stadium, I can't believe that City are going to be playing in there....looks amazing. I'll miss the old AG and remember the noise and the smell when I walked into the Open End for the first time with my Dad, you never lose those memories, but time moves on

Exciting times mate, on and off the pitch

The new stadium, I can't believe that City are going to be playing in there....looks amazing. I'll miss the old AG and remember the noise and the smell when I walked into the Open End for the first time with my Dad, you never lose those memories, but time moves on

Exciting times mate, on and off the pitch

Yep - Like a lot of us my life is engrained in parts of the old Gate , but every time I go down at the moment I sill can't , as you say,can't believe that 'this is Ashton Gate' :o

When I was down for tickets the other day I had a good wander round and took some time to take it all in and watch the work going on.

The corner of the new South Stand looks like some space age design compared to the back of the Williams which now looks like it was built at the same time as the Ark, tho most of us never really thought about it

I can't get my head around how 'Our Ashton Gate' will look when the monster new stand go's up !!!!! :o

I love my memories of the Old Gate but this is truly truly exciting times for any City Supporter

I think most of us older fans can't believe, firstly the football being played on the pitch (We haven't seen the like much, if ever)

And let's be fair - there's been no great improvement to the Gate since the Dolman was built so the current transformation happening before our eyes is mind boggling !!!!

It's such a shame the two are happening together in a lot of ways - a packed Gate, new or old, would have been brilliant this season.

I had a nose around what's left of the old entrances to the East End which brought back some memories !!!!

I just hope the younger fans realise how lucky we aren't the moment - particularly I would suggest in respect of the development - it's never been like this and one of the most important and significant times in City's whole history.

Players will come and go , our fortunes on the pitch will rise and fall

But that Ground will benefit generations of fans for decades to come

I bet SL has / will have a little smile in his face when the stadium is complete as he will be leaving one hell of a legacy that will benefit City and Bristol sporting fans for decades and more :D

Archived