IGNORED

Hammersmith Gazette Reports Qpr Are After Cotterill

The Exiled Robin

Bloody 'ell, you're not telling me they write their headlines a year in advance? Phew.

I can tell that article is made up, surely QPR would only approach Cotterill as a second choice if Daryl 'Dazza' Clarke decides to stay with the Bayern of Non League.

Ha ha, sorry guys, now noon has passed I can come clean.

It was thought through to be not entirely unbelievable, got a few comments this morning on the use of 'Bristol' and 'proven winner' which was nice.

On a more serious point, I agree with a couple above. Football fans can be hugely naive, and if anyone thinks Cotterill's head wouldn't be turned by an offer from a club with recent Premier League history and big potential, then you're just crazy, I'm afraid.

His ambition is absolutely undoubted and he wants to be a Premier League manager. If anyone sees us as better potential for that than the likes of QPR, Norwich, Leeds, Forest, Reading etc, then - for now - we're just not close

I think we would be naive to think that Cotterill's success (so far) has gone unnoticed, of course he is attracting attention just like the players are.

I don't think he is stupid though, he has things nicely set up here and I think it would take something very big to lure him away. Transfer budget isn't everything, he has proved he doesn't need that much to assemble a decent squad. At the moment he is only a part way into his work here, I can't see him wanting to walk away without taking us as far as he can.

Besdies which, we may well be playing QPR next season.

It was thought through to be not entirely unbelievable, got a few comments this morning on the use of 'Bristol' and 'proven winner' which was nice.

On a more serious point, I agree with a couple above. Football fans can be hugely naive, and if anyone thinks Cotterill's head wouldn't be turned by an offer from a club with recent Premier League history and big potential, then you're just crazy, I'm afraid.

His ambition is absolutely undoubted and he wants to be a Premier League manager. If anyone sees us as better potential for that than the likes of QPR, Norwich, Leeds, Forest, Reading etc, then - for now - we're just not close

While I don't doubt it would, I do doubt that significantly bigger clubs will come sniffing just yet.

The grass may be greener but it's just as hard to mow.

Trigger happy Leeds & trigger happy Forest hardly inspire thoughts of a long term management role whilst, yes, I would entirely see us as serious contenders  next season when compared alongside to Reading and a host of other current Championship clubs. And why not?

I don't think Cotts wants to leave but the fact is in the Championship you're doing well if your manager lasts two seasons. With us, they either leave if they're good for a better club (as happened with JJ) or we sack them following a poor set of results. When we go up we will have to manage the change of manager situation better than we did last time or the squad gets messed up and results go downhill. Think we were trying to address that under SO'D with the appointment of Keith Burt who has provided continuity and helped Cotts turn things around quickly.

61f9b7137fb242d7bf5b7d1995e7a2fd.0.jpg

The most irritating thing about this story is that QPR are referred to as "The R's" - "The Ranger's" - which in that context is complete and utter gibberish.

An apostrophe shouldn't be used to form the plural of single letters, there's no logical reason for it at all. Anyone who can't get their head around ps and qs (and ss is a bit of a sod, admittedly) should simply go with Ps, Qs and Ss.

Then we can be secure in the in the lack of ambiguity in common phrases such as: "The q's descender in Times New Roman is strongly serifed."  

The most irritating thing about this story is that QPR are referred to as "The R's" - "The Ranger's" - which in that context is complete and utter gibberish.

An apostrophe shouldn't be used to form the plural of single letters, there's no logical reason for it at all. Anyone who can't get their head around ps and qs (and ss is a bit of a sod, admittedly) should simply go with Ps, Qs and Ss.

Then we can be secure in the in the lack of ambiguity in common phrases such as: "The q's descender in Times New Roman is strongly serifed."  

Bored?

I can tell that article is made up, surely QPR would only approach Cotterill as a second choice if Daryl 'Dazza' Clarke decides to stay with the Bayern of Non League.

You were making sense until I read that point, it's Barcelona of course and not Bayern as they don't play total football :)

Great analogy for me as I can't stand Bayern either! BCFC and BvB.

Archived