IGNORED

Which Do You Have Greater Dislike For?

Tom H

People wearing Rovers shirts, or UTD/Chelsea,Man City/Arsenal/Liverpool shirts.

As a relatively young fan, who has played Sunday League football for a number of years from U9's upwards, one thing which is evident to me is that there are  many people wearing so called 'big clubs' shirts, as opposed to City (or even Rovers!) kit. I am aware that obviously some people will have family connections to areas such as London/Manchester, however the proportion seems too high for that to be the case for all - and I'm sure many simply 'support' this team because they are 'good'.

So... this begs me to ask the question - would you rather see a bunch of kids wearing United Shirts, or wearing Rovers shirts. Simply due to the fact that they would still be supporting a local team, I'd have to say I'd go for Rovers.

I'm sure there will be a lot on different opinions on this so it would be great to know what you feel below :)

Thanks,

Tom

I see you're a newcomer so you probably won't know that this subject has been covered several times on here.

Bottom line - some football shirt wearers do so to show off tha they follow "succesful" team. Hence Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal and so on.

It used to irritate me but now I hardly notice but I would rather see someone wearing a gas shirt (which takes much courage) than a PL one.

For anyone to wear a Rovers shirt , or a City one for that matter, they are at least displaying a little bit of pride in their team. You don't follow any team that has been predominantly in the bottom two divisions for the glory that's for sure.

Too many prem teams get 'supporters' who probably couldn't even name the ground let alone ever visit it.

My head says I should dislike the glory hunters who wear Man U shirts etc, however I feel physicly sick when I see those blue and white quaters and my stress levels reaches that of a fighter pilot.  

When it comes to Rovers its irattional and I kow its not right but it is pure hatered for them. 

I have more respect for somebody in a Gas shirt than i do for the Glory hunting arm chair fan

Gasheads are no different from us Local fans supporting their local team

Thats how football should be

All well and good but the foul quarters are a singular abomination.

I find that shirt physically revolting and I really can't say the same for PL shirts.

In an ideal world all young Bristolians would be wearing Bristol City shirts, it's not though so the fewer gas shirts I see the better.

People wearing Rovers shirts, or UTD/Chelsea,Man City/Arsenal/Liverpool shirts.

As a relatively young fan, who has played Sunday League football for a number of years from U9's upwards, one thing which is evident to me is that there are  many people wearing so called 'big clubs' shirts, as opposed to City (or even Rovers!) kit. I am aware that obviously some people will have family connections to areas such as London/Manchester, however the proportion seems too high for that to be the case for all - and I'm sure many simply 'support' this team because they are 'good'.

So... this begs me to ask the question - would you rather see a bunch of kids wearing United Shirts, or wearing Rovers shirts. Simply due to the fact that they would still be supporting a local team, I'd have to say I'd go for Rovers.

I'm sure there will be a lot on different opinions on this so it would be great to know what you feel below :)

Thanks,

Tom

The answer is neither in local areas of the Community BCFC should be influencing.

I would like to a ask a question; As a relatively young fan, who played Sunday League football for a number of years from U9's upward, what contact did BCFC iniate with your various clubs e.g attending a training session / tournament?

The answer is neither in local areas of the Community BCFC should be influencing.

I would like to a ask a question; As a relatively young fan, who played Sunday League football for a number of years from U9's upward, what contact did BCFC iniate with your various clubs e.g attending a training session / tournament?

There was not a lot in terms of at training/ matches, however at one club's end of season awards often a city player would turn up to present the players with medals.

• Admin

I've changed my mind since answering previously.

I'd rather they were wearing PL shirts as I have found it is easy to get them down the Gate and boost City's coffers & once down here they often get the bug for live football & return.

Far more difficult to get a shirt-wearing Sag down here ;)

I have more respect for somebody in a Gas shirt than i do for the Glory hunting arm chair fan

Gasheads are no different from us Local fans supporting their local team

Thats how football should be

How jollywell dare you utter such a thing! 

Slightly off topic but I bought a BMW a while back. Nice car, happy with it. Then one day while I was driving I glanced at the badge on the steering wheel and aaaggggggghhh!!!! It hit me! Gone right off it now!

I'd much rather see Rovers shirts in Bristol than Chelsea/Man U/Liverpool etc.

I'm proud to support my club and would be no matter what happened. I like it when others are the same.

This. I don't mind seeing people in Chelsea/Man U/Liverpool shirts as long as its in London, Manchester or Liverpool. Hate seeing them in Bristol though!

Archived