IGNORED

Palace

Aussie

Just been watching the Palace v Man City game and my god the Palace fans have been awesome. What an atmosphere :clap:

If only we could get the gate rocking like that. :chant6ez:Thing is their stewards seem to have some common sense about them and let them stand up to create the atmosphere. No chance on that for us :grr:

Well done to them. Very pleasing to see Manchester City, a team with practically inexhaustible wealth, achieving a pretty pathetic return on investment this season on all fronts.

Moreover, they regularly only field one English player, as was the case tonight (Lampard and Milner only appeared as late substitutes).  

Palace fielded six English players in their starting line-up. 

Agree that their fans create an excellent atmosphere at Selhurst Park.

Also, I bet those Newcastle fans who wanted Pardew gone are regretting there desire to get rid of him now! The Toon were gutless yesterday. 

Confident we would have an atmosphere as good as that if we were beating the Champions of England. I'll give them credit as since they've got to the Premier League their fans have generally been the best in there, but the other week they were 3-0 up against QPR and the atmosphere was piss poor.

Makes me proud to have been part of the atmos the away following created there back in the championship playoffs. The best city game I've been to and it'll be a tough one to beat in my lifetime. Hearing suggestions that Warnock said we over celebrated too made it sweeter. I'll probably always a soft spot for Selhurst.

Back then though I don't think they had their "ultras" or it was a new thing for them as they weren't as good/loud as I've seen them since on the telly etc

I live around the corner from Selhurst and went along this evening. Atmosphere was good tonight, but you would expect that given the game and the feeling around the club at the moment.

As stated above, the 'homesdale fanatics" are the group of fans that create the noise for them in the bottom corner of their home end - they've only been there for a few seasons tho but would love city to have a similar approach to the south stand when it's ready!

Not as good as people make out. Small section which gets media attention simply because it doesn't happen anywhere else in the prem.

It happens at City, happens at Leeds and a range of other clubs....just in smaller stadium, with less no sky coverage.

I hate palace, I from South London know a lot of palates fans and they are delusional and actually believe they are "ultras"....their not.

Unfortunately, if you've ever lived in London you'll have encountered Palace fans and discovered them to be a bunch of chippy, self-aggrandising plastic cockneys from the armpit of Surrey.

Just because a few of them have started to be a bit noisier in recent years, doesn't make me want to join the Otib love-in for the club.

Basically, they are *****.

Unfortunately, if you've ever lived in London you'll have encountered Palace fans and discovered them to be a bunch of chippy, self-aggrandising plastic cockneys from the armpit of Surrey.

Just because a few of them have started to be a bit noisier in recent years, doesn't make me want to join the Otib love-in for the club.

The same sweeping generalisation can be made from those who have lived in the capital for non football fans as well. Its a capital City mentality were the locals always, always[!] know somebody better, harder, madder etc.

A question is what do Bristol City fans at this point do that is different, or better? A opinion could be very little. The majority of the singing section here do not. Ashton Gate has become a quiet stadium.

It is churlish and a mite ignorant to not acknowledge "a bit noisier in recent years" was based also upon the relentless proactivity of fans starting in the last decade.

When contacted by fans of BCFC the HF have been consistently helpful, polite, interested rather than chippy. When a question was sent to CPFC by WTMS, a director of CPFC answered the enquiry on the same day, its was a Sunday night!

It is no utopia as recently two members of the HF were banned, but it does not have to be a love in to recognise that CPFC and its fans "sometimes" get to a position that would be of benefit to fans [some] and BCFC here.

Yes they are still "Nigels", but now they are noisy Nigels!

Yes because you can stereotype an entire fanbase, of tens of thousands, forgot that. 

Yes because you can stereotype an entire fanbase, of tens of thousands, forgot that.

****** ell, Dez. Why don't you just join them if you love em so much.

Living where I did, I encountered loads of them.

I hate Croydon and I hate Palace fans. Never met a normal one.

Don't forget the sustained whining like bitches about the goal that never was, while ignoring all the refereeing errors in their favour.

****** ell, Dez. Why don't you just join them if you love em so much.

Living where I did, I encountered loads of them.

I hate Croydon and I hate Palace fans. Never met a normal one.

Don't forget the sustained whining like bitches about the goal that never was, while ignoring all the refereeing errors in their favour.

Suspect you're right, but that would make the comments of Rovers and Swindle etc correct also, which we know are wrong ;) 

The same sweeping generalisation can be made from those who have lived in the capital for non football fans as well. Its a capital City mentality were the locals always, always[!] know somebody better, harder, madder etc.

A question is what do Bristol City fans at this point do that is different, or better? A opinion could be very little. The majority of the singing section here do not. Ashton Gate has become a quiet stadium.

It is churlish and a mite ignorant to not acknowledge "a bit noisier in recent years" was based also upon the relentless proactivity of fans starting in the last decade.

When contacted by fans of BCFC the HF have been consistently helpful, polite, interested rather than chippy. When a question was sent to CPFC by WTMS, a director of CPFC answered the enquiry on the same day, its was a Sunday night!

It is no utopia as recently two members of the HF were banned, but it does not have to be a love in to recognise that CPFC and its fans "sometimes" get to a position that would be of benefit to fans [some] and BCFC here.

Yes they are still "Nigels", but now they are noisy Nigels!

Nice sensible answer.

What do you think has changed so much in a few years, at the Gate, since the 'Bounce around' era?

As discussed in another topic, when GJ had the Bounce and Basso songs going, it was infectious and it seemed the whole of the Gate joined in.

There was a great atmosphere with City and other fans used to talk about City in the same tones as Palace now.

Nice sensible answer.

What do you think has changed so much in a few years, at the Gate, since the 'Bounce around' era?

As discussed in another topic, when GJ had the Bounce and Basso songs going, it was infectious and it seemed the whole of the Gate joined in.

There was a great atmosphere with City and other fans used to talk about City in the same tones as Palace now.

Slightly rose-tinted those specs, Spud. I remember rival fans routinely posting on here about "Ashton library", even during the Johnson years.

I think what really quietened things down though was the "five seasons of hurt". It's tough to sing when your head is in your hands most of the time!

Nonetheless, I think when the building works and the disruptions they entail get finished we will see an improved atmosphere.

I support the efforts of WTMS and others who seek to work with the club to improve this, and allow fan creativity to flourish.

Slightly rose-tinted those specs, Spud. I remember rival fans routinely posting on here about "Ashton library", even during the Johnson years.

I think what really quietened things down though was the "five seasons of hurt". It's tough to sing when your head is in your hands most of the time!

Nonetheless, I think when the building works and the disruptions they entail get finished we will see an improved atmosphere.

I support the efforts of WTMS and others who seek to work with the club to improve this, and allow fan creativity to flourish.

Tbh... I can't ever remember AG being a hotbed of noisy support...it's had it's moments.

With an ever aging fanbase, less are inclined to 'sing'.

Having sat in the Williams pretty much the last 40 years, it's got older and older and quieter and quieter...and not just in that stand.

I notice far more people willing to join in positive songs, more so than songs about the Gas.

In fact, often overheard are comments along the lines of 'give it a rest, no one is interested in them anymore'.

Archived