IGNORED

Proud Of My Club

BRISTOL86

I'm sorry to bang on about the Swindon game (only joking, I'm really enjoying it) but I can't remember ever feeling so prowed (sic) of a manager and team in all my years supporting City.

The professionalism and class shown by that group of players before, during and after the game is to be absolutely commended. 

For all that was said and done back in November, for all the nastiness displayed by Swindon during the game - headbutts, elbows, whatever.....but to put in a performance like that and still keep it all in check and show true class at the final whistle just speaks volumes about the people at this football club.

The contrast between the antics of Swindon following that game last year and how we reacted at the final whistle is as clear an illustration as you could get about the difference in mentality and application of the two groups of players. No theatrics, just a 3-0 win in the bag, on to the next game like it was any other week. I have a feeling that those actions will resonate in the heads of the Swindon players and fans considerably more than had we stooped to their level and acted like they did in "revenge".

Credit to every single person at that football club.

Proud of the manager.

Proud of the players.

Proud of my club.

Now bring home the title.

Well said, Flinty gets assaulted on the pitch, does he dive, roll around and feign injury? Nope. He gets right up like any professional should. Imagine if the roles were reversed and it happened to a Swindler player? He'll still be rolling around today.

No, he got up and laughed! Well said Op, so proud of every one of them & they deserve everything they achieve this season.

He has to win Player of the month tomorrow.

Couldn't agree more with the OP. Felt closer to the club than I have for a while, not really understood a lot of the moaning about the club being distant from us etc (although let's not get into a debate about all that again!). Plus, every time we've had national coverage we've given a good account of ourselves.

I was thinking this morning that it's going to be sad to see some of the current batch leave or be replaced by newcomers. Although it's obviously a requirement it will still be a shame. What a great bunch and a proper pleasure to watch.

Great sentiments. There is a real feeling of togetherness and looking after each other.

The City Family has really grown in the way it cares for one another. Divvy's illness and sad death has proved to be a real catalyst in this 'bond'.

There are collections going on for different people less fortunate than most of us and the hug of club friendship extending around our own.

Our growing bond and friendship with our Dutch brothers.

Good luck to us all and thanks to Steve Cotterill and our fantastic team.

When you wake up each morning, say a little thank you for being born a red. Love out brothers!

Like the OP I'm very proud of being a Bristol City supporter. The club is going through a re-development both on and off the pitch. Cotterill, Pemberton and Burt has created the "feel good" factor that for me has been missing since John Ward was in charge.

Over the years us older supporters has seen the good times before followed by the not so good times. It's been a roller coaster supporting our club and I truly hope that this time around the good times stabilise and keep on coming.

Next season with the proper strengthening during the close season I'll be optimistic that City will become established in the Championship and then after that who knows?

I particularly loved the way that Cunningham celebrated Bryans goal with him, this is a guy who has kept him out of the side for a large part of the season but he looked like he couldn't have been happier if he had scored it himself.

It's called team spirit, but in our case it should be called "squad spirit" and if you could bottle it you could make money to rival that of our chairman.

I particularly loved the way that Cunningham celebrated Bryans goal with him, this is a guy who has kept him out of the side for a large part of the season but he looked like he couldn't have been happier if he had scored it himself.

It's called team spirit, but in our case it should be called "squad spirit" and if you could bottle it you could make money to rival that of our chairman.

A great observation. GC could have a lot to be despondent about too. One of our very few real championship quality players, post relegation I was certain he'd leave us and remain at that level and we'd bank a little profit. Now he's on the bench in the league below struggling for a look in and ordinarily you'd not begrudge him looking for an exit plan. Be great if he keeps that smile on his face - I think we will have a fight to keep Joe Bryan this summer* and GC just might get his shirt back.

* no rumour mill or insider guff - I just rate him that highly. surely as a young English predominantly left footed player but very good with the right foot, competent defensively and offensively and athletic as he is, some premier league side is thinking he has to be worth a calculated gamble now for a few million - especially if Dyke gets his home grown quotas as a result of which his value will inflate.

A great observation. GC could have a lot to be despondent about too. One of our very few real championship quality players, post relegation I was certain he'd leave us and remain at that level and we'd bank a little profit. Now he's on the bench in the league below struggling for a look in and ordinarily you'd not begrudge him looking for an exit plan. Be great if he keeps that smile on his face - I think we will have a fight to keep Joe Bryan this summer* and GC just might get his shirt back.

* no rumour mill or insider guff - I just rate him that highly. surely as a young English predominantly left footed player but very good with the right foot, competent defensively and offensively and athletic as he is, some premier league side is thinking he has to be worth a calculated gamble now for a few million - especially if Dyke gets his home grown quotas as a result of which his value will inflate.

But never really the same since he got brutally injured away to Peterborough. Now who was that again?

I was thinking this morning that it's going to be sad to see some of the current batch leave or be replaced by newcomers.

I don't want this season to end! (I'm also totally okay with it stopping at 46 games)

Like the OP I'm very proud of being a Bristol City supporter. The club is going through a re-development both on and off the pitch. Cotterill, Pemberton and Burt has created the "feel good" factor that for me has been missing since John Ward was in charge.

Over the years us older supporters has seen the good times before followed by the not so good times. It's been a roller coaster supporting our club and I truly hope that this time around the good times stabilise and keep on coming.

Next season with the proper strengthening during the close season I'll be optimistic that City will become established in the Championship and then after that who knows?

oh yeah that first year in the championship was hell.

It's funny isn't it.

Clearly the biggest feel good factor is the results on the pitch. I remember threads not so long back entitled "never felt so distant from the club". But it's funny how a good season will turn things around.

The decision to only buy players with a sell on value is looking a very bery good one at present.

I know you're probably winding us all up (!) but can't believe you bypassed the better GJ years and went straight to John Ward for the last 'feel good' factor??!

For me the charge to the top of the championship under GJ's stewardship was special, 4,500 Reds at Reading, punching well above our weight, etc etc....

Before this thread descends into laughter at one poster's selective amnesia can I also add the fundraising for Oskar (with help from the blue few) makes me just as proud as our excellent squad and superb manager.

I know you're probably winding us all up (!) but can't believe you bypassed the better GJ years and went straight to John Ward for the last 'feel good' factor??!

For me the charge to the top of the championship under GJ's stewardship was special, 4,500 Reds at Reading, punching well above our weight, etc etc....

Robbored says "It did not happen! ":

07-minister.jpg

oh yeah that first year in the championship was hell.

Sure City were doing well but despite that I never once walked back to my car with that "feel good" factor after a game. Most of the time I was bemused as to how we were doing so well. By and large the performances were dull and pedestrian and I simply didn't feel as if I'd been entertained.

Strange but true....

The only City team that's given me the same buzz was Alan Dicks' team of the 70's, both in terms of footballing ability and team spirit. There's been teams since that have had one or the other but this team has both.

The only City team that's given me the same buzz was Alan Dicks' team of the 70's, both in terms of footballing ability and team spirit. There's been teams since that have had one or the other but this team has both.

The buzz and penetration of dicks in the 70's was just........

Oh shit, let me start that again.....

I don't mean start the 70's again...

I mean......

Ahh **** it..... *puts cider down*

Night

Sure City were doing well but despite that I never once walked back to my car with that "feel good" factor after a game. Most of the time I was bemused as to how we were doing so well. By and large the performances were dull and pedestrian and I simply didn't feel as if I'd been entertained.

Strange but true....

Were you definitely at the right ground?! I don't know a single fan who wasn't euphoric for most of that season.

Archived