IGNORED

Proud Of My Club

BRISTOL86

Sure City were doing well but despite that I never once walked back to my car with that "feel good" factor after a game. Most of the time I was bemused as to how we were doing so well. By and large the performances were dull and pedestrian and I simply didn't feel as if I'd been entertained.

Strange but true....

You really need to let it go - SC has done well but (for me) that season in the championship was the best I've ever known.

Sure City were doing well but despite that I never once walked back to my car with that "feel good" factor after a game. Most of the time I was bemused as to how we were doing so well. By and large the performances were dull and pedestrian and I simply didn't feel as if I'd been entertained.

Strange but true....

Definitions of Denial

• Pretending something does not exist when in reality it does.
Being willing to admit there is a problem, but unwilling to see the severity of it.
Seeing the problem as being caused by something or someone else. The behaviour is not denied, but its cause is someone else's responsibility.
Offering excuses, alibis, justifications, and other explanations for behaviour.
Dealing with the problem on a general level; avoiding personal and emotional awareness of the situations or conditions.
Changing the subject to avoid threatening topics.
 and irritable when reference is made to the condition. This helps to avoid the issue.

pick one?

The buzz and penetration of dicks in the 70's was just........

Oh shit, let me start that again.....

I don't mean start the 70's again...

I mean......

Ahh **** it..... *puts cider down*

Night

Definitely a lot of penetration in both 60's and 70's , I never heard any buzzing though. 

Strange but true....

How did you feel walking back to the mini coach with your gashead chums after your favourite Wembley 'grand day out'?.

post-11168-0-08297700-1428656773.jpeg

Definitions of Denial

• Pretending something does not exist when in reality it does.
  • Being willing to admit there is a problem, but unwilling to see the severity of it.
  • Seeing the problem as being caused by something or someone else. The behaviour is not denied, but its cause is someone else's responsibility.
  • Offering excuses, alibis, justifications, and other explanations for behaviour.
  • Dealing with the problem on a general level; avoiding personal and emotional awareness of the situations or conditions.
  • Changing the subject to avoid threatening topics.
  • Becoming angry and irritable when reference is made to the condition. This helps to avoid the issue.
pick one?

You should ask the question to Gary Johnson.

You should ask the question to Gary Johnson.

I was searching for something earlier on 'WIKI' and came across this, dated late 2005, i.e. just a few months after his appointment.

'Much criticism was aimed at Gary Johnson at this time; the Chairman of Bristol City Supporters Club labelled him a 'Conference Manager' and contended that he was 'totally out of his depth'.

Not you by any chance?

Strange but true....

Did you not drive to the Gate for the Palace play off second leg?

I particularly loved the way that Cunningham celebrated Bryans goal with him, this is a guy who has kept him out of the side for a large part of the season but he looked like he couldn't have been happier if he had scored it himself.

It's called team spirit, but in our case it should be called "squad spirit" and if you could bottle it you could make money to rival that of our chairman.

110% this.

Must admit I got goosebumps when I saw Bryan running straight to Cunningham.

Strange but true....

I don't believe you.

Robbored is right in a way. The performance were largely dull and pedestrian and involved a LOT of scrappy 1-0 and 2-1 victories where we rode our luck and used backs to the wall style tactics to grind out victories. I think we only scored more than twice at home once and that was on the last day against Preston.

One thing I wont have though, is that there was no buzz about that season. I mean come on!! The atmosphere at the gate was bouncing, attendances were high and we watched in sheer awe as we ground out win after win and lasted the distance at the top of the table. The performances may have been average but the feel good factor was through the roof and that season was one hell of a rollercoaster ride that i'll never forget.

Archived