IGNORED

Not Going Saturday - What Will You Do?

Guest RegC

With Saturday possibly being THE day, what will you be doing? Will you listen to it on the wireless, watch Soccer Saturday, follow it on Twitter or be doing something "a la Shearer" and creosote your fence? 

Could have the potential to be a very stressful afternoon, think I'll go somewhere with no mobile reception! 

With Saturday possibly being THE day, what will you be doing? Will you listen to it on the wireless, watch Soccer Saturday, follow it on Twitter or be doing something "a la Shearer" and creosote your fence? 

Could have the potential to be a very stressful afternoon, think I'll go somewhere with no mobile reception! 

I think I'll relax by creosoting a Swindon fan...

Not sure yet Reg but you could help to re-create the Ashton Gate "experience" by coming round to mine and whilst I sit on the sofa, walk past me at about twenty to five meaning I have to stand up to see what's going on...

Not sure yet Reg but you could help to re-create the Ashton Gate "experience" by coming round to mine and whilst I sit on the sofa, walk past me at about twenty to five meaning I have to stand up to see what's going on...

It's a deal Graham, I'll wander past you intermittently from 2:59:59 onwards. Mine's a Butcombe at HT  :blink:

It's a deal Graham, I'll wander past you intermittently from 2:59:59 onwards. Mine's a Butcombe at HT  :blink:

Talking of which, WTF can I get a pint in the Williams at HT but not before the game? It do baffle I...

Chippenham is right on the edge of the Radio Bristol broadcast region.  I have to position my car is a very specific place on the driveway to get a poor but bearable signal.  So, I will be inching up and down the drive at about 2:45 looking for the good place, then trying to expend nervous energy working in the garden whilst listening to the car radio!

being as old as you are,id expect you to do it in the real stuff too?

safely out of horaces way of course :thumbsup:  ;)

Absolutely. Proper creosote is harmful to hedgehogs, but who cares about Swindon fans?

Chippenham is right on the edge of the Radio Bristol broadcast region.  I have to position my car is a very specific place on the driveway to get a poor but bearable signal.  So, I will be inching up and down the drive at about 2:45 looking for the good place, then trying to expend nervous energy working in the garden whilst listening to the car radio!

Do they not have the Internet in Chippenham yet then?

I listen to RB, watch Soccer Saturday, refresh both Twitter and OTIB.

Originally going to be glued to Soccer Saturday and on here as I'm going to Bradford on Tuesday(never been to Valley Parade but been to Deepdale and could only afford one trip)...However......

Due to some juggling of my finances (I now owe the Bank of Dad :facepalm: ) I'm going to Preston as well. Hopefully the M6 won't be as big a nightmare as Good Friday....

Originally going to be glued to Soccer Saturday and on here as I'm going to Bradford on Tuesday(never been to Valley Parade but been to Deepdale and could only afford one trip)...However......

Due to some juggling of my finances (I now owe the Bank of Dad :facepalm: ) I'm going to Preston as well. Hopefully the M6 won't be as big a nightmare as Good Friday....

Probably worse, Grand national on Saturday.

I don't pay for player and Radio Bristol do not broadcast games over the Internet due to rights issues.

So you're not being as clever as you think you are.

Personally I'd rather follow it on the BBC website than listen to the embarrassment that is Radio Bristol, but chaque a son gout, as someone clever might say....

I'll be out enjoying the last bits of winter at the annual Arctic Man Ski and Sno Go Classic. It's in the middle of the mountains, but our local cell provider is nice enough to bring a mobile tower so that all 10,000 attendees will have 4G coverage. So after a long night of drinking, I'll be up at 6am (or still up) to listen to the game. 

Personally I'd rather follow it on the BBC website than listen to the embarrassment that is Radio Bristol, but chaque a son gout, as someone clever might say....

Indeed. Don't really understand the anti-Radio Bristol agenda on this forum though, as a local station it's never going to benefit from the same talent or budget as national radio, but I think they do a fair job given those limitations.

Complete escape. I'm booked on a special train for ten hours going on some tracks that are closed to passengers.

No Wifi, just a load of food & drink whilst I try to relax and enjoy the ride forgetting the outside world.

Complete escape. I'm booked on a special train for ten hours going on some tracks that are closed to passengers.

No Wifi, just a load of food & drink whilst I try to relax and enjoy the ride forgetting the outside world.

Seems a long time for Port Zed and back...

No, seriously, I'm going to try to recreate the AG experience. I'm going in a pub where they won't serve me a pint for the first 45 minutes and the bouncer will grab me by the neck if my bum ever leaves the bar stool. And that's not mentioning the slob behind me shouting "sit down, you're spoiling the view" if I crane my neck to get a better view of the barmaid's cleavage.

I will push the front seat of my car as far back as it will go, then I will cover the back seat and the back of the front seat with rigid plastic with lots of sharp edges. And then sit in the back.

If at any point the level of discomfort drops to "bearable" I will pretend that somebody wants to get past and squeeze myself in even tighter.

That way I will feel that I am attending in spirit.

I will push the front seat of my car as far back as it will go, then I will cover the back seat and the back of the front seat with rigid plastic with lots of sharp edges. And then sit in the back.

If at any point the level of discomfort drops to "bearable" I will pretend that somebody wants to get past and squeeze myself in even tighter.

That way I will feel that I am attending in spirit.

Perhaps you could persuade someone to throttle you whenever your bum leaves the seat?

Sit at my desk and stroke my hedgehog.

...were you talking to somebody on one of 'them other kind of sites' while logged into OTIB when you wrote that message Aiz, looks like you got yer forums mixed  up kinky git!.

(ps, sounds dodgy too, a little pri ck could easily come off in yer hand) :)

...were you talking to somebody on one of 'them other kind of sites' while logged into OTIB when you wrote that message Aiz, looks like you got yer forums mixed up kinky git!.

(ps, sounds dodgy too, a little pri ck could easily come off in yer hand) :)

To the pure, all things are pure.

Watching Soccer Saturday whilst nervously pacing up and down like an expectant father :fear:

...know what you mean Dar, similar feelings here. Can't remember being this nervous since sitting in the TV studio waiting for Jeremy to reveal the all important lie detector and DNA results! :)

Archived