IGNORED

Cotterill: A Preston Fan's Viewpoint

Marina's Rolls Royce

1)Why post a pitifully subjective barrage of personal abuse without one iota of discussion on SC's abilities?

2)The quote highlights the inane ramblings of a complete idiot. 

1) Football fans. See Spudski post 20 above

2) Each quote is from a separate idiot- complete or otherwise.

The thread was started by a PNE fan in a similar way to the one started on here about Steve Evans when we played Rotherham.

Personally, I find the comments interesting because I rarely read such rants about opposing Managers unless they are horribly successful. In a sort of Ferguson, Mourinho type way and no mention of big squad, loads of money, bought the title blah blah.

Agree that he's just typical Marmite, most on here were hugely sceptical before he joined (inc me), now we love him. From other teams' fans perspectives you can see why he'd rile them, but what he does matters more than what he says, so (for now) we love him. At least he's pretty straightforward, unlike up the M4 where the words are "we're an amazeballs outfit of technically gifted young futsal Gods, who sometimes concede eight as we seek to give our fans the aesthetic delights they deserve, but usually score nine (of which a minimum of six will involve give'n'goes from our goal line to the back of your net)", but the actions are thuggery, diving, getting ever so excited when fellow professionals get red carded and a general whiff of slyness. 

The Swan and Cemetery, on 10 Apr 2015 - 3:24 PM, said:

Agree that he's just typical Marmite, most on here were hugely sceptical before he joined (inc me), now we love him. From other teams' fans perspectives you can see why he'd rile them, but what he does matters more than what he says, so (for now) we love him. At least he's pretty straightforward, unlike up the M4 where the words are "we're an amazeballs outfit of technically gifted young futsal Gods, who sometimes concede eight as we seek to give our fans the aesthetic delights they deserve, but usually score nine (of which a minimum of six will involve give'n'goes from our goal line to the back of your net)", but the actions are thuggery, diving, getting ever so excited when fellow professionals get red carded and a general whiff of slyness. 

But we did`nt know about the jumpers. :facepalm:

Are we to assume this was in response to a question from by a City fan who actually started by saying Cotts. is a bad loser?

Why do some of our fans perpetuate this myth?

If he mentions an awful pitch that stopped City playing the sort of football we're capable of, or the deliberate over watering of our half of the pitch, I'd say that's fair comment.

This idea he moans more than other defeated managers is poppycock - look at some of the interviews with managers we've beaten this season if you're in any doubt.

It's not a myth. He's always been like it, most memorably with Nottingham Forest at Ashton Gate a few years ago. He's gracious in victory, never in defeat, I'd suggest it's you who is kidding themselves if you can't see it.

I'm not interested in our manager being top of the popularity pops with other teams' fans. He's doing a fantastic job and that's all that matters.

Fergie was almost universally despised by fans of other clubs, but he was a proven winner.

He "wears exceedingly odd jumpers". That's really mild compared to some of the comments made in the forum about City's recent managers.

As opposed to the PNE fan who posted it,who wears exceedingly odd trackie bottoms.

article-1297214-0A8D7DA2000005DC-919_306

5571854-large.jpg

_49277268_focusforum2_av640.jpg

I just don't get what's odd about them. Maybe we are having a collective whoosh moment?

Or perhaps it's all just bollux, like the myriad of posts when he took over telling us what a chancer he was, a Wurzel who got lucky, an advocate of long ball football.

• Admin

Or perhaps it's all just bollux, like the myriad of posts when he took over telling us what a chancer he was, a Wurzel who got lucky, an advocate of long ball football.

Can't remember exactly what I said but I'm pretty sure I was one of them. Never been so happy to be wrong mind. Isn't it about time the "win us over" banner was taken down from the 3 Lions though?

Can't remember exactly what I said but I'm pretty sure I was one of them. Never been so happy to be wrong mind. Isn't it about time the "win us over" banner was taken down from the 3 Lions though?

Not casting aspersions in your direction, just pointing out that people who don't like the bloke will make up any old shit as a stick to beat him with.

I think his taste in jumpers is fine BTW!!

• Admin

Not casting aspersions in your direction, just pointing out that people who don't like the bloke will make up any old shit as a stick to beat him with.

I think his taste in jumpers is fine BTW!!

Yeah, I knew you weren't but I'm not ashamed to admit that I got that hugely wrong. How can any of us be when at the same time we we have this season to enjoy :)

Just dont tell my missus, she's under the impression she has found Mr (always) Right.

All the best football managers have that arrogance

Same reason why all the best singers in rock bands too

You are out there leading your army from the front, putting yourself out on a pedestal. You have to have that self-belief and that desire to face the world

Are we to assume this was in response to a question from by a City fan who actually started by saying Cotts. is a bad loser?

Why do some of our fans perpetuate this myth?

If he mentions an awful pitch that stopped City playing the sort of football we're capable of, or the deliberate over watering of our half of the pitch, I'd say that's fair comment.

This idea he moans more than other defeated managers is poppycock - look at some of the interviews with managers we've beaten this season if you're in any doubt.

As for his reaction of 'staring at PNE fans' let's not forget they were not only verbally abusing him from close range at the time but throwing plastic bottles as well when he had to run the gauntlet at the tunnel area at the home game.

Plus they're PNE fans and they detest anything which has ever been associated with Burnley FC just like we might find asociation with Rovers and Cardiff something unforgiveably abominable..

But if a City fan fed them this nonsense of City fans thinking Cotterill is an especially sour loser, more shame on him, there's simply no evidence as far as his time at BCFC is concerned.

Being 'a winner', which with City he most certainly has been, doesn't automatically mean he cant take a fair and square defeat on the chin, but if there's a reason which may have put us at a disadvantage he's quite entitled to stand up for his players by airing it.

The thread for anyone that is interested is here

http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?93393-Steve-Cotterill

I certainly commented on it, and ummm, in hindsight maybe I did a little of what you say, but was trying to position it within positives as well. Take your comments on board however.

It was certainly not a City fan led thread.

Archived