IGNORED

Newbie Here

cwmbran red

Ahhh welcome oh exiled one, in days far past I had a job in Cardiff so moved to Caldicot. Regretfully I didnt get on with the boss and as we unpacked the last Pickfords box, we saw a NEW house for sale in Yate and yes , boxed everything and moved back over the mighty Severn, not even paying the toll, the welcome back was like the returning US pilots in Close Encounters  of the 3rd Kind. Hospital tests proved negative and we took our place in society once again.The easiest escape route back is to go to Big Pit, down the shaft and take 3rd turning on the right, where you will emerge at Pucklechurch, rest is as they say, a walk in the park :laughcont: :laughcont: :englandflag:

Technically it's not a corner so pedants forum, I thank you and goodnight :whistle:

One definition of corner is:

"A threatening or embarrassing position from which escape is difficult: got myself into a corner by boasting."

This definitely applies to some posts on the forum, so I think it's fair to call it a pedants corner.

hi my name is glenn and im a newbie on here im 51 years old married living in cwmbran south wales but originally from yate.

ive been a bristol city supporter for 45 years and i admit i dont get down the gate as much as i would like but i thought i would join you with the banter.

Do you like pies Cwmbran Red?

I do.

My favourite pie is steak pie.

What is your favourite pie?

A good friend of mine lived in Cwmbran as a teenager and worked in McDonalds.

He's now a professional living and working in Perth, Australia. 

I wonder when he'll be coming back .....

Bloody lovely countryside around it if you get off the beaten track, mind.

A good friend of mine lived in Cwmbran as a teenager and worked in McDonalds.

He's now a professional living and working in Perth, Australia. 

I wonder when he'll be coming back .....

Bloody lovely countryside around it if you get off the beaten track, mind.

Whenever he does return, his old home town will look the same as he steps down from the train ...

Archived